Do you know who your biggest fan is?

Kantarii

I'm Not A Bitch!
I have one that stands out among many. She emails me quite often. She’s a self proclaimed pansexual, mostly lesbian woman originally from Australia that, now lives in Texas. She has had some hardships that have directly affected her life, things I, myself, can’t relate to or even fathom.

I can’t say exactly when she fell in love with my stories - probably in the first 5-6 chapters of “A Slut’s Triangle”. She first reached out to me, posting comments on my stories under Anonymous, but she eventually reached out through email. That was nearly 2 years ago. One of the things about my stories she loved was the subtle, little “cliffhangers” I used as well as my writing style which I’ve eventually refined to the way it is now.

She eventually started posting comments under her screen name and favoriting most of my stories. I was honored🌹 By the time I reached the half way point of “A Slut’s Triangle”, I started doing something special for my biggest fan, sending her each and every new chapter days before I posted it on Lit.

There’s not a lot I can do to ease her situation, but it’s heart warming to know that there is just one person out there that loves what I write, enjoys reading it, gives useful feedback and insight, and let’s me know it emotionally touched them in some kind of way among all other things.

I may never meet her face to face, but I do know who my biggest fan is. The stories I write may not be openly dedicated to her, but it’s silently understood as author and reader between us that they are dedicated to her.

So as an author posting stories on Lit, do you know who your biggest fan is, better yet, are they someone special to you - that has reached out to you or stay in contact with you, even let you know that your stories have touched them in a certain way?

Last edited:
Yes. They know who they are. They're the ones who give me far too much encouragement, let my head get through the door, and trim my ears off when it gets stuck. I've asked them to make me a bigger door, but instead, I get quotas on acceptable words. I'm a better writer because of them, but I don't tell them that because they already know.

I don’t believe I’ve got enough submissions yet to have a solid fan base, but I hope it is only a matter of time. I’ve been really touched by the positive feedback I’ve been given through anonymous comments, from Users, and also via email. Knowing people enjoy my ramblings adds to the pleasure I get in writing these stories.

To have a super fan like you do, Kantarii, is but a dream for me. One day!

I don't know who my biggest fan is, but my two most important fans are publishers. :D

I think that, after jumping from category to category, writing a few stories from BDSM to non-erotic, interracial, first time, mature, erotic couplings, humour and satire, erotic horror, and gay male, I must have gotten rid of even the most persistent readers.

I’m not limited by one category of interest either. The strange thing is my biggest fan, my most dedicated reader has stuck with me since they discovered their first story by me. 🌹

I don’t know a single biggest, but my biggest base is probably the CD crowd for my Marion series. Still get emails asking for more, more, more...

Oh sure, that's easy. It's Karen. She reached out to me after my second story. We've been corresponding regularly since then. We have a lot in common. My "Mermaid" story is actually about her, and was inspired by her real life. She's my go-to beta reader and sounding board now. It's unlikely we'll ever meet in person, but I'm lucky to have her anyway.

Oh sure, that's easy. It's Karen. She reached out to me after my second story. We've been corresponding regularly since then. We have a lot in common. My "Mermaid" story is actually about her, and was inspired by her real life. She's my go-to beta reader and sounding board now. It's unlikely we'll ever meet in person, but I'm lucky to have her anyway.

That's good to hear. Like Loqui, I have a "Karen" also. It's been great to have someone who reliably reads all my stories and gives me feedback, as I do the same for them since they're an author here as well. What I like best about it is the offshoot discussions prompted by our feedback. We've discussed all kinds of life experiences and had some pretty deep discussions about them that have added a whole new dimension to the writing process. We've both ended up with insights that have been instructive and useful for subsequent stories.

Funny you mentioned that you wrote a fan of yours into you stories. I did as well. Even mentioned her girlfriend as well. They happened to show up in the hospital scene and at Brenda’s party as well🌹

That's good to hear. Like Loqui, I have a "Karen" also.

Funny you mentioned that you wrote a fan of yours into you stories. I did as well. Even mentioned her girlfriend as well. They happened to show up in the hospital scene and at Brenda’s party as well🌹

Here's an odd twist though. Someone read my "Mermaid" story about Karen, and he sent her a fan letter through me. So now my biggest fan has her own biggest fan.

I think my biggest fan is my dog. I've had him for nearly a year now and he agrees with everything I say and his body language tells me that it is the BEST idea/story/plot/character that ANYONE has EVER thought up.

My biggest critic is the cat, who is too cool to acknowledge that anything I do is worth looking at. In fact the only time he's friendly is on cold winter nights when he tries to snuggle in between my wife and I in bed.

I have two very big fans. Between the two of them, they vote at least a dozen times on every one of my new stories. They're all two votes but a fan is a fan right? :D

I have two very big fans. Between the two of them, they vote at least a dozen times on every one of my new stories. They're all two votes but a fan is a fan right? :D

Very true Tex.

I have a few fans that have commented on just about everything I've written. We've exchanged emails (and insults) about my stories (and the path they've taken, hence the insults). They're the ones that email about every other day wondering how the next chapter is coming along. It's actually a weird sort of encouragement knowing at least one person is interested to see what happens next. I have limited time to write so I often remind them that lest they want to cover my overhead, I gotta stay on my day job and write when I can.

I don't know if anyone else has had this experience, but you probably have. It's when someone writes you a really eloquent comment or email with plot suggestions and such, that you're like what have they written?? Only to find out, that they've not submitted a dang thing!! Unfulfilled promise I say!!!

I think my biggest fan is my dog. I've had him for nearly a year now and he agrees with everything I say and his body language tells me that it is the BEST idea/story/plot/character that ANYONE has EVER thought up.

My biggest critic is the cat, who is too cool to acknowledge that anything I do is worth looking at. In fact the only time he's friendly is on cold winter nights when he tries to snuggle in between my wife and I in bed.

That made me laugh. Damn cats.

My biggest fan is my partner. He's the one that encouraged me to start writing seriously and pointed me at Literotica as a place to post my stories. He reads everything I write, totally boosts my confidence and motivates me to keep at it. He's the greatest! He's hopeless as a critic and editor tho (yes you are!!!) coz he likes everything I write and says there's never anything he doesn't enjoy. His only. Omplaint is I don't write enough. I tell him if I was a kept woman, he'd get his wish. Alas.... he laughed.

I have several people who have followed me since my first submission and have shared their thoughts with me on everything I've written. I would hate to name one as more important to me than the others. The next chapter I submit has an important scene that was inspired by a conversation with one of my earliest supporters, so that feels special to me.

I also have conversed with several people who, reading what I had written about my struggle with addiction, wrote to me either to share their own experiences or to tell me that by reading me, they had come to a better understanding of someone close to them who was in a similar situation. I cherish those conversations.

My biggest fan is my partner. He's the one that encouraged me to start writing seriously and pointed me at Literotica as a place to post my stories. He reads everything I write, totally boosts my confidence and motivates me to keep at it. He's the greatest! He's hopeless as a critic and editor tho (yes you are!!!) coz he likes everything I write and says there's never anything he doesn't enjoy. His only. Omplaint is I don't write enough. I tell him if I was a kept woman, he'd get his wish. Alas.... he laughed.

My fiancee and my grandmother both read My Fall and Rise, and there seems to be a consensus that Chapter 11 is the best chapter. Coincidentally, it's the chapter in which they both play prominent parts.

Before I went on a three year hiatus I did. She read everything. Commented on everything, and wrote long letters describing her reactions to the stories she loved and criticizing the ones that were less pleasing. She went into great detail relating how many times she read them, how many times she masturbated to them, and how many times she came. But then I took a long break, and since I've been back -- nothing. So I would say no, I don't know.

In that sense, would trolls that follow you be fans or spiteful, harbingers of __? I’m sure there is a word to put here - just can’t think of it right now🌹

I don't know of any current fans, except for my editor. But back in the day, a poster called LitFan had some very kind words for me, and was hugely encouraging to a novice writer of erotica.

I haven't seen any recent postings from LitFan, though.

LitFan has been around. I feel sure I've seen him in TxRad's coffee shop within the last year.

He sent me a PM in April although I don't know how much he posted on the forum then.

Fan? I don't think I have any. There are 852 people who liked my stories enough to follow me, but I doubt any of them define thrmselves as my fans. If you want to know how much of a fan your readers are, you can try charging for your stories. I haven't tried myself, but accoring to what others have stated, the average level of fandom is pretty bleak.

Yes. She ( female ref name tag) posts comments asking when the next chapter is out and gets annoyed at me when I post poems or other stuff and not the next chapter. Which I loved because it shows she cares, it was a nice feeling to get yelled at in this particular instance.

Red

Based on the number of comments made to my stories I would have to say that Anonymous is by far my biggest fan!

Back