How would you describe your writing style?

Or too much sleep or not enough. LOL, or too many little boy and cat interruptions, or too much fun in bed with Jo. Something is messing with me.

GwM.gif

According to at least one reader, "[my] grammar and sentence structure is elementary level" and " need to use an editor!"

I'll take that feedback on board.

I would describe my style as “original spins on established subjects that shock the audience with their realism, quality, attention to detail, and character design.” I’d also call my works checklists of personal challenges. Hopefully my readers will agree they are good stories. Even if they may never be great.

Yeah, both my wedding nights (to the same person), we were too tired to do anything but crash after the reception.

Same thing my wedding night. We did have a fun three way dance with the maid of honor during the reception and a wardrobe malfunction inside the limo. That plus the ceremony and all the other events that day wore out both me and my spouse. We didn’t have sex that night. Too tired.

But we made up for it later. :D

And for the record, my wedding day was still among the best days of my life.

On the nose, aloof and vague, with hints of ennui. On the palate, leisurely and patient. Flavors refuse to emerge immediately then are sometimes overpowering. The finish is sudden, with strong notes of satiation.

May cause gas.

Some time ago, a reader described a fanfic I had written as "simplistic but effective" while trying to be complimentary.

I understood what he/she meant immediately, in that I tend to be succinct in my descriptions, saying in a few sentences what others might take several paragraphs to convey.

While reading, I adore running into that perfectly written sentence that encapsulates whatever the author wanted to say just so... perhaps I do the same even while envying those authors here who can crank out 10-20K stories effortlessly.

Have you ever thought of how you would describe your writing style? Are you content with this or would you want to change how your efforts into this craft are perceived?
Simple, mechanical, and procedural.

For many years I wrote work instructions for manufacturing processes. I was doing R&D work developing methods to fabricate metal components for aerospace, medical instruments and other boring crap. That style of writing, step by step, chronological, and clear is hard to shake. It bleeds into everything I do. It’s never flowery, sometimes stiff, and it annoys me at times.

Yet the popularity of your stories should suggest you don't change a thing 😎
Thanks. No, I'm not planning to change anything, mostly because I don't have a specific style, as far as I can tell. Different stories call for different things, and I'm just feeling my way around and writing what I want.

Deviant but romantic.

A love of interesting wordplay and the occasional alliteration.

Humour throughout. Sex should be fun but can be funny.

That’s me I hope.

I think I've said this on a different thread, but... I quote a couple of my readers' comments:

"Full-blooded filth and thought-provoking social comment. Just terrific." (NaughtyAnnie)
"No one mixes low brow and high brow as well as you do." (CuriousAnnie)

I can live with such descriptions.

Back