How would you describe your writing style?

A real writer would probably call my writing meandering mawkish tripe ... I am a bit of a pantser after all ...

Or MVP 😅 I love it.
My stories are often so heavily obfuscated with plot, I'm surprised my characters even have the energy to fuck. Sometimes I have to make them fuck.
Oddly, the next story that's taking shape in my head will require a lot of development before the steamy parts arrive. The question is, will I bore the reader to death, or will they hang in long enough.

Can't imagine how I missed this thread.

I'm not sure how my style is perceived, but I'd like to think it is:

Explicit, evocative, restrained, formal.

Em, that is the perfect depiction of the cute little temptress that we all picture you as.
Em reminds me of Despina from Così fan tutte. Particularly when she sings 'A woman needs to know where the devil's tail is!'

I realized I may just be trying to recreate "Whip Smart" by Melisa Febos. Her autobiography was (too me) super erotic without a lot of explicit sex, and she built structure around her experience with kink that was tied more to being neurotic and not to specific trauma.

I truly recommend this book. It took me until today to realize that it may be the single biggest influence on my writing.

thinking about "style" before i've published anything is terrifying, but i picked this username as a reminder to believe in myself, so ... modestly self-confident?

is that a style?

predictable stories wrapped up in good grammar and well-chosen metaphors.

Or MVP 😅 I love it.
My stories are often so heavily obfuscated with plot, I'm surprised my characters even have the energy to fuck. Sometimes I have to make them fuck.
Thanks - now I'll be thinking about sex stories every time I hear MVP at work :giggle:

Also, judging by feedback, I guess my style is 'realistic'

predictable stories wrapped up in good grammar and well-chosen metaphors.
You missed out:

1. Utterly compelling characters with genuine motivations
  2. Crystalline plots where actions and reactions flow together naturally
  3. Prose that elevates the day-to-day to the divine
  4. Oh, and demon-girls who can transform their bodies - that’s the most important bit 😬
Em

Wedding night syndrome.

Not even their wedding night yet so many of my protags have it.

View attachment 2287341
WTF??? Who would allow ANY of those to be a reason not to have sex?

But back to the premise of the thread. The style (amateurish) and content (clumsy but guileful ways to get sex) of this is a perfect example of my writing:
i51146385_42821.jpg

Comshaw

How would I describe my style? I like to think it's well punctuated. That's what I aspire to, anyway.

Last edited:
Back