Silliest questions you've been asked

Vixandra

Everything well in hand!
Joined
Sep 2, 2003
Posts
6,512
I've been asked plenty of odd things in the past. Today's one was how to make a box mix cake. The things some people don't teach their kids, omfg.

What's your silly question if the day, week, millennium?
 
I used to think it strange that people would ask me what time it was while there was a clock right behind me on the wall. And I don't mean people who didn't know the clock was there. I mean people who had been in my classroom several times, had asked me the question several times, and had watched me turn around and look up at it before telling them the time several times.

Finally, a friend of mine who's daughter was one of the main culprits clued me in. They don't know how to read analogue clocks anymore!

About the only other one that ever really got me was "do I make you horny?"

I glanced down at my crotch, looked her right back in the eye, and said "no, I just needed a sundial to see what time it is." :cool:
 
sissy have had some people ask sissy "do you really have panties on under that dress?".
sissy would consider that silly question.
 
"You can make pancakes without pancake mix?"

I proceeded to make pancakes with flour, sugar, eggs, and water because his kitchen was under stocked, and he proceeded to brag to his roommates about how his girlfriend made pancakes without a mix as though I had preformed magic. The pancakes were okay.
 
I have a high, rather squeaky voice.

Far too often in my adult years, I would answer the phone, and the first thing the caller would say was "Is your mother at home?"

I'd say that she was dead, but that I missed her. They didn't have to know that she died twenty or thirty years ago.
 
Would you be willing to consult on your projects after hours and weekends?

No, this is a terrible company and I hate my projects. That's why I'm quitting.
 
Silly question "How do you make roast chicken?"

Crazy question "How do you pump gas?"

Both from my last girlfriend and before you ask no she was not a blond.
 
Denny

I have a high, rather squeaky voice.

Far too often in my adult years, I would answer the phone, and the first thing the caller would say was "Is your mother at home?"

I'd say that she was dead, but that I missed her. They didn't have to know that she died twenty or thirty years ago.
For one long year I sold life insurance when the company I was at moved to NY.
I was asked to stop by another agents home to let his wife know he'd be late getting off work. Bob was way over 6' and maybe 250#.
This short, maybe 4' tall squeaky voiced little girl came to the door. I asked to talk to her mother. :eek::confused:
 
When I was young - like 13 - my older cousins asked me which measuring cup she should use for a cake mix. She had a 1/3 cup and a 1/4 cup but the instructions called for a 1/2 cup.
 
I had a guy who was 19 or 20 ask me at what age women started producing milk. Like, he had no idea a pregnancy was required, or that women didn't just produce milk their entire adult lives. :confused:
 
My oldest right in front of a waitress at my former favorite place to have breakfast:

"Mommy, why are her boobs so much bigger than yours?"

Duh, because God hates me :rolleyes:

(I really shouldn't have said that!)


"Maybe that's because we never go to church. Can we start going to church, mommy? Because I want big ones. Really big ones!"

Ugh.
 
Last edited:
My oldest right in front of a waitress at my former favorite place to have breakfast:

"Mommy, why are her boobs so much bigger than yours?"

Duh, because God hates me :rolleyes:

(I really shouldn't have said that!)


"Maybe that's because we never go to church. Can we start going to church, mommy? Because I want big ones. Really big ones!"

Ugh.

lol...sorry.....wow
 
Denny

Silliest question I've ever been asked is, "May I ask you a question?"
I say 'you just get one and you already asked.'
I always end up answering 20 more.

Getting back to tits. We've had a lot of grown adults ask if wife Dollie's tits are real.
Depending where we are I tell her to show them or I say "feel them and decide".
 
"How close is Philadelphia to Pennsylvania?"

They meant, how close is Philadelphia to the Dutch Amish Country.
 
My oldest right in front of a waitress at my former favorite place to have breakfast:

"Mommy, why are her boobs so much bigger than yours?"

Duh, because God hates me :rolleyes:

(I really shouldn't have said that!)


"Maybe that's because we never go to church. Can we start going to church, mommy? Because I want big ones. Really big ones!"

Ugh.

LOL! :D DAMN! This one belongs in Readers Digest or something.
 
I was standing in the front garden of my seaside house when I was asked:

"Is that the sea?"

I should have answered: "No. It's a big lake..."

The real answer is "Yes. It is the North Sea, not the Thames Estuary." because that is what they wanted to know i.e. how far from London does the Thames Estuary change to become the North Sea. But even that information is incomplete. The extent of the Thames Estuary has different limits according to the criteria.

Geographically? They're looking at the North Sea.

In navigation terms as defined by the Port of London Authority they are looking across part of the North Sea to part of their definition of the Thames Estuary and in good visibility beyond the Thames Estuary to more North Sea. The area closer to shore that is too shallow for commercial shipping is the North Sea. The area that is navigable is the Thames Estuary...

So my response should be: "Why do you want to know?"
 
Back
Top