Getting my Head Straight (Closed for Innerself75)

garajd

I will satisfy you!!
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Posts
9,767
OOC: Doug Anderson, 42, married, very successful consultant. Wife has everything she needs or asks for; all she has to do is take the credit card and go . . . new car every year, new clothes every season, you name it, she has it. But yet, all she does is bitch about something; telling me I need to see a shrink to straighten out our boring sex life . . . really?
-------------------------

Sitting in my office a few days later, wrapping up after a long session with a very important client that pays my firm over $25k per month . . . so the hand-holding is definitely worth it!

What the fuck, maybe she is right . . . maybe I do need to see someone. Admittedly our sex life has been pretty boring lately. Browsing the internet, I find a lengthy list of relationship counsellors, therapists, etc. Actually there is one in the building across the street . . a female with a title after her name; might be good to talk to a female and get her perspective on my "issues."

Giving her office a call; receptionist listens to my short narrative of what I want, and, after looking at the schedule book, slots me in the day after tomorrow at 4:30.

Nothing said to my wife; just tell her I have a late meeting at the office, and if she likes, I'll pick her up after the meeting and take her to the country club for dinner. After a busy next couple of days, I leave the office at 4:15 for the walk across the street . . . a bit nervous, but willing to give this a shot if it will make things smoother at home.
 
Last edited:
Occ: Grace Adkinson. 41, recently separated, angry, highly renowned psychiatrist who specializes in individual and group sex therapy. I am quite capable of taking care of myself in all faucets of life. At this point in my life I am over wimpy men who cannot keep up with me.

My first appointment was at one Tuesday afternoon, so I had plenty of time to kick my plan into action. Sipping my coffee, smirking and impatiently waiting for businesses to open. Nine am finally arrives and I make the first of numerous phone calls. Being well known in the community has its perks when you need something. The first call is to the locksmith, he will be here by ten am to change all the locks and garage door. Next I called the bank, freezing all of our joint accounts; luckily I had kept an account in just my name only. Finally, I called my lawyer and set up an appointment for later in the evening to discuss my options. It was time for me to be happy, Erik and I had put on this charade for long enough.

I grab a quick shower before the locksmith arrives and dress for work. Feeling as good as I do, I pick out something a bit out of the ordinary for myself and decide to leave my hair down for the day. I dress in a lime green sundress and strappy black heels . Feeling frisky, I leave off any undergarments for the day.

I am putting the final touches on my makeup when I hear the door bell ring. It is the locksmith and he is right on time. I give him instructions of what I want done and give him the address of my office to drop the new keys and garage controller off to me. He nods as if he understands but is eyeing me up and down like I am his next meal. Ohhhhhhhh boy could I get used to this. I am so over all of the bullshit, it is time for me to live my life.

I sashay out the door and drive to the bank just to make sure everything is in place. I add a password to my personal account just in case Erick goes snooping. I noticed how man heads I turned while in the bank, with a big grin on my face, I leave and head to my next stop, the cell phone company. I tell the account representative what is going on and I take Erick’s cell phone off my bill and shut it off. If he wants one, he can pay for it himself. I look down at my watch and it is time for me to be headed to the office. Hopefully, my appointments will keep me busy for the afternoon.

Entering the office, my receptionist informs me of a new patient that has scheduled an appointment. They just keep coming and are so boring. None of them have any idea of how to live on the wild side.
 
Not having any idea of what to expect when I meet with Dr. Adkinson, as least I assume she is a doctor with a specialty of psychiatry. I didn't look any further into her specific areas of counselling; I just felt like I should make some effort to improve my marriage . . . if it helps, I'll try to convince Lisa to join me. Basically, I'm hoping to find out it's not my fault and Lisa is the one with unreasonable expectations and needs to change. That's the way it is in my consulting business . . . why not at home, too?

Elevator to the sixth floor, finding the appropriate suite, I enter and give the receptionist my name. She hands me the 'usual' forms to fill out; takes a few minutes, but as I hand them back, she indicates the door beside the reception are, "Dr. Adkinson is expecting you; go on in."

Taking a deep breath, I step into your office as you step from behind your desk and offer your hand. Must admit, I was expecting someone a bit more 'conservative'; the lime green dress and black heels!! Pretty sure, I took another quick breath.
 
Back
Top