Horny Asexuals?

Littlefinger

dead account
So, in the past year, I've come to define myself as an asexual pansexual - I am physically attracted to all genders but I do not have a desire to engage in sex with other persons. I prefer masturbation as I do not find being touched by someone else makes me feel turned on - whether I have a deep emotional connection with them or not.

However, I find it offensive when people suggest that my lack of a desire for intimacy means I was abused. I'm wondering if there are any others out there who just dislike being sexually stimulated by another person?

Asexuality, like some other sexual definitions, is frequently met with disbelief or cynicism: the lesbians 'who have not met the right man yet' being a perfect example. Being anything non-conventional is going to foster insensitive comments, I'm afraid. :rose:

There was another poster who had the same preferences you mention - I'll see if I can find it for you but an advanced search under asexual might track it down.

Last edited:
http://www.asexuality.org/home/overview.html

"An asexual is someone who does not experience sexual attraction. Unlike celibacy, which people choose, asexuality is an intrinsic part of who we are. Asexuality does not make our lives any worse or any better, we just face a different set of challenges than most sexual people. There is considerable diversity among the asexual community; each asexual person experiences things like relationships, attraction, and arousal somewhat differently."

"For some [asexuals] sexual arousal is a fairly regular occurrence, though it is not associated with a desire to find a sexual partner or partners. Some will occasionally masturbate, but feel no desire for partnered sexuality."

I [am asexual and I] masturbate/have sexual fantasies. What do you make of that?

Back