The politics of the strap-on

gomeade

Experienced
I’ve come to wonder about women who wear strapon dildos and use them with their lovers. If you are such a woman, do write back. I’ll try to wade through the potential wash of lonely guys (like me?) who are posing as women online and see where things go.

Ahh, the power of the strap-on. I’ve craved its feel forever, but now I’m just confused. I don’t know what I want. Check that. I want a big fat cock or cockish substitute, and I want it in my ass, but I don’t want any of the gender baggage that comes with it. What I mean is, whether taken by a man or a woman, there’s no free ride. When it comes to men, well,–dicks turn me on, not guys’ bods. I’m just not attracted to men as people and would not be able to reciprocate with hugs, kisses or any of the other niceties of sexual exchange. With a woman, well, I’ve begun to wonder whether strapons in real life are mostly worn by sad-eyed women who are dealing with their own issues. I pray that's not the case, but I do wonder. I know, I know, you protest that I’m forgetting about all the beeyootiful gay women. Well, I’m sorry, but I suspect that surrogate cocks are far less prevalent in the lesbian world than most straights fantasize. My lesbian friends tell me that most lesbians are truly not attracted to men in any form, so aside from some hetero-imposed sterotypes, why should anyone expect that they're more into dildos? In the straight world, though, my experience suggests to me that most women aren’t going to be wired for that sort of fucking. I don’t mean to suggest that only fucked up women would want this. The two general issues for many people are a) the “icky poo-poo” factor and b) that deep-down concern that opening oneself to this “dirty act” means that one is not worthy of respect. See what I mean about issues and baggage? With those sorts of social stigmas to overcome, few people seem truly interested in stepping into the harness. Whenever I’ve read about women who strap it on, they’ve always passed themselves off as young, hip voyagers on the road of sexual discovery. Those women are beautiful in so many ways, but really, do they represent? Are they writing just to show the world that nothing fazes them? If so, go for it, sweet soul sister, but saying you’ve done it is a lot different than saying you love it. The saddest thing is, I suspect that with the right person, wearing a strapon is wonderfully empowering, and yet few are open to the possibility.

I’d really like to correspond with a woman who is into this activity. We’ll never meet in real life because I’m here and you’re there and that travel for sex thing is never the meet-n-eat that’s portrayed in Lit Fiction. So, if you’re real, please respond and share it all. I’d love to be wrong about all of this.

Last edited:
Perhaps you'd like to edit your post and make sure you didn't forget to insult anyone.

I can see

I can see why gomeade only has six posts. It is hard to insult everybody in a few sentences!

I am so glad that Gomeade's post was one of the last posts I've read here and not the first. I realize that this clown's vitriol is a rarity in this Forum, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I hope no one reads that crap first, and instead checks out posts by other more tolerant people.

I suppose I should thank him. I've met so many fantastic people in here that I'd begun to think that everyone who frequented this Forum were 'Good People.' Nice to see the reverse face of the coin at long last.

My lack of faith in humanity has been restored.

Pity.

-T

If there was a point to this post

it got lost in the smugness.

Ebony

I would think, as one who openly admits they have absolutely no experience with women and strap-ons, that one might be somewhat less eager to generalize and stereotype. Particularly if one actually hopes to get a thoughtful response to an alleged question.

Amen!

RisiaSkye said:
I would think, as one who openly admits they have absolutely no experience with women and strap-ons, that one might be somewhat less eager to generalize and stereotype. Particularly if one actually hopes to get a thoughtful response to an alleged question.

Exactly!

Ebony

RisiaSkye said:

Ditto, RS!!

Apology

I've re-read what I wrote and considered people's comments, and I apologize for the insensitivity. I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but I obviously came off that way, and I'm sorry. I was trying to make a point about the gulf that exists between fiction and reality when it comes to these sorts of things. I don't know if any of my other posts exist, but reading them would probably help to confirm my sincerity and my apology.

Re: Apology

gomeade said:
I've re-read what I wrote and considered people's comments, and I apologize for the insensitivity. I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but I obviously came off that way, and I'm sorry. I was trying to make a point about the gulf that exists between fiction and reality when it comes to these sorts of things. I don't know if any of my other posts exist, but reading them would probably help to confirm my sincerity and my apology.

It takes a big man to apologize, and I accept (for myself only). You will find, we are a friendly group, unless attacked.

Ebony <Mistress to tavish & sissy chris whose asses are firmly in my grip!>

gomeade said:

Spoken like a gentleman, Gomeade. Now, to your point, I have never used a strap on with a man, but the idea interests me very much. I do think it would feel empowering, and I wonder if you feel that desiring a sense of sexual empowerment is merely "Having issues". I hope you will address the issues you raised again, now that the air has been cleared.

Ohhhhh Caroline Oh

Nothing sweeter than forgiveness. Thank you.

I don't think of anyone's desire for empowerment as "having issues." Everyone deserves their moments of power and, should they choose them, their moments of helplessness.

Many, including me, who walk the bound path wrestle with long -ago buried demons which tend to rewire us. We often unconsciously attempt to negotiate with those inner tugs through the sexual play that attracts us. We ain't all "missionary men," right? Those are the only issues to which I refer, and I've got my own.

If you've never used a strapon, perhaps you would consider the reasons and if comfortable, share them?

Thanks again.

Re: Ohhhhh Caroline Oh

gomeade said:
Nothing sweeter than forgiveness. Thank you.

I don't think of anyone's desire for empowerment as "having issues." Everyone deserves their moments of power and, should they choose them, their moments of helplessness.

Many, including me, who walk the bound path wrestle with long -ago buried demons which tend to rewire us. We often unconsciously attempt to negotiate with those inner tugs through the sexual play that attracts us. We ain't all "missionary men," right? Those are the only issues to which I refer, and I've got my own.

If you've never used a strapon, perhaps you would consider the reasons and if comfortable, share them?

Thanks again.

I've simply never had the opportunity. Any sort of exploration of that nature is fairly new to me, although it seems I'm making up lost ground in a hurry;)
I will most likely be trying it soon, though, and I'm very much looking forward to it.

I read

I read your e mail and apology accepted! The folks here at lit are decent and caring people and the really good ones protect and defend each other so you are forgiven!

The idea of a strap on has always been something that has interested me.

Unfortunately,none of the people I have been with has actually had any want of having me do this to them.

One day maybe. ;)

For me,its the penetration I want to do. I want to know what it feels like to be the one pumping into my lover.

It feels great!

lovetoread said:
The idea of a strap on has always been something that has interested me.

Unfortunately,none of the people I have been with has actually had any want of having me do this to them.

One day maybe. ;)

For me,its the penetration I want to do. I want to know what it feels like to be the one pumping into my lover.

It is lots of fun!

Ebony

gomeade said:

Don't worry about it. No one around here holds grudges unless you continually attack them. With you, I don't think that this will be the case.

-T

Empowerment & Strap ons

CarolineOh said:

Spoken like a gentleman, Gomeade. Now, to your point, I have never used a strap on with a man, but the idea interests me very much. I do think it would feel empowering, and I wonder if you feel that desiring a sense of sexual empowerment is merely "Having issues". I hope you will address the issues you raised again, now that the air has been cleared.

I do not know if it is an empowering experience, because I have always felt empowered. I like to do it cause I love playing with a man's ass. It is an important part of my play with my subs, and I always choose subs who crave that kind of attention.

I use it to milk them and stimulate their prostate.

Ebony

The Strap on Experience

To use a strap-on on a man is a totally empowering experience. It is also a very exciting time too. For me I have learned that when my slave puts mine on me he is so excited and can't stand it until I give it to him really hard up his ass. He wants to cum immediatly.... ofcourse I don't let him but he gets very hard and obeys really well.. this is something he has began to beg for on more than one occasion and we both really enjoy the fun.... It makes me feel like I am the queen and he is mearly my toy....He loves it and really gives me a great fuck after. :devil:

I have never had the desire to use a strap on on a man. OF course, I have never had the desire to top a man. Empowerment in that respect, isn't what I would look for and am very uncomfortable with control.

However, there are scenarios in which I could imagine myself, a strap on with a woman. Circumstances under which this could happen would depend on many things....and probably aren't relevant to this thread.

Good Luck...

Miss T

apology accepted

Gomeade you apology is accepted...

Now to the subject at hand... I never really thought much about this until lately...

I cannot see myself using a strap-on with a male...

However, given the right circumstances with a woman that I might be topping... Hmmmm that might be another story....;)

i've never used a strap on with a man, but i have with my ex girlfriend. she was much more sexually dominant in the relationship, though it was rather informal d/s. when i was fucking her she was still in control, still telling me what to do, etc. i was serving her the way she wanted to be served. it doesn't always have to be about empowerment.

Re: Re: Ohhhhh Caroline Oh

CarolineOh said:

I've simply never had the opportunity. Any sort of exploration of that nature is fairly new to me, although it seems I'm making up lost ground in a hurry;)
I will most likely be trying it soon, though, and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Me too.

;)

I have only used a strap on with women but I have "issues". First off, I can tell you why many guys have such tight little buns, we had butt burn from hell the next day from "driving" it. LOL Also, we couldn't get "serious" about it. It looked funny. Then there was the control issue, ie. control of the dildo; I was not comfortable just cutting loose because I didn't trust how deep or hard I was going. This was vaginally, I would never try it anally for that very reason. We had a lot of fun though. The glutes and abs got a work out from fucking and giggling. This is the kind of work out Richard Simmons really would kill to have.

There is a series of videos at Blowfish and Good Vibrations (both online) called "Bend Over Boyfriend" you may find interesting. They are educational and give step by step instructions with demonstrations. Should you find someone willing to engage in this activity with you this may well be a good place to start.

Most straight females of our acquaintance either do participate, or would like to, on both the giving and receiving end of this play. One husband told his wife it was not honorable to touch a man in that place. Other obstacles include feeling stupid, affraid to bring it up for fear of being labeled a pervert and their male partners insult at having a dildo in the house (what, I'm not enough) One woman told me she was interested but worried her husband would turn gay. The women we know who do bend their men over love it and so do their men. The commom denominator is LOTS of open honest communication.

I hope you find someone you can trust and who will be interested in exploring this with you.

Back