Newbie question about/for submissive women

PenumbralVision

Teaser and Pleaser
Hello everyone :)

I'm fairly new in the kinky community and very much into CMNF and Soft/Sensual Dominance. I wanted to ask what submissive women are looking for in a dominant man. What makes a good dom in your opinion?

Thanks <3

PS: I'm aware of the fact that there's a plethora of guides online, but I wanted to ask about personal opinions, I hope that's okay.

I am a submissive female. I've always sought out men who are a little intimidating, and confident for sure! A man who knows who he is, and someone I'm shy around, because I'm not normally shy..a guy who takes initiative.

For me, gender doesnā€™t matter, but it is my criteria for men:

Someone whoā€¦
ā€¦will actually talk with you first. Theyā€™re willing to share about who they are, find out who you are, and not jump into do this, do that, be my sub, etc. ā€¦Like do they mesh with you as a person?
ā€¦starts slow once you do get into play; they shouldnā€™t be walloping the crap out of you
ā€¦asks for your limits. For kinks if you donā€™t know or arenā€™t sure, talks them through with you - not to convince you, but to actually give information or help you find information (you should do your own research too)
ā€¦is easy to talk to. Youā€™re going to have to communicate with this person A LOT.
ā€¦talks respectfully about prior relationships, experiences, or subs (note that this doesnā€™t mean they have to gush about them but
ā€¦can make an I statement
ā€¦is willing to learn something new (idk, it freaks me out that they wonā€™t know that they should find info about a new scene etc.)
ā€¦talks openly about safety
ā€¦did I mention communicates WITH you?
ā€¦makes sure you have enough space to listen to your gut, esp at the start and each new ā€œlevelā€ of your relationship
ā€¦encourages you to do healthy things for yourself and supports your goals in life, not just as a sub.

First a reminder that not everyone into power exchange identifies as a submissive or a dominant.

That said, I would want the same things I would look for in a partner in general:

Someone
  • I consider a decent human being - integrity and values.
  • I enjoy spending time with and vice versa.
  • who can both take himself seriously and laugh at himself.
  • who takes an interest in a wide variety of subjects.
  • who has my best interest at heart.
Extra important for someone who gets to exert power, but also for partners in general:

Someone
  • who is able to regulate their emotions and is able to control the way they express them.
  • who is intent on being self-aware and honest with himself about motivations and emotions.
For someone to be dominant in a relationship with me, they need to:
  • want to be dominant.
  • feel comfortable in that role with me, without either of us having to contort or posture to an unreasonable extent.
  • be willing and able to do the work necessary for risk aware and informed consent.
  • be willing to do the work to minimize negative outcome and to deal with negative outcome to his best ability and it is when it happens, not if it happens.

Back