BDSM Thoughts

sternbuzz

Señor
I'm pretty new to the Literotica world but have been interested in some areas of kink/fetish for years. I was mostly a lurker on Fetlife for awhile, and was an early adopter of Feeld back when hardly anybody used it. I consider myself someone who dabbles in this world; someone who's pretty open-minded and mostly taboo-free but I'm not an expert and I definitely shy away from using super specific labels to express my sexuality other than cishet. Some days I feel more submissive, others I feel more dominant. Most of my relationships and sexual experiences still remain pretty vanilla. But I like the self-expressive side of sex and the idea I can dive into society's sexual taboos in a safe and positive manner with like-minded people.

But I wanted to vent a bit about what I don't like about this world, and see if some of my frustrations resonate with anyone. I'm also open to being wrong, or maybe just misunderstanding some things. Perhaps I'll learn something from putting my thoughts out there?

I think my primary frustration is the overwhelming amount of submissive heterosexual women who are actually seeking service tops, or are mostly seeking to top from the bottom. This is quite common on Feeld. To be clear, there's nothing actually wrong with seeking that. Topping from the bottom is a perfectly fine thing to do/seek. But the manner in which it is expressed or explained almost always leaves out the part about how the Dom is actually only there to fulfill her needs as opposed to his own. Additionally, the Dom she seeks is always "experienced" which makes the dating profile look more like a job listing.

Related to this is an additional frustration I have around American society, but can apply to many cultures, that stigmatizes sex work. When I read a woman's profile who seeks an experienced Dom with all sorts of specific capabilities, I can't help but think she should probably pay for that. But she won't because unlike getting gagged or spanked, she sees paying for sex as beyond the pale, or perhaps only for desperate incels.

As someone who's recently become more interested in a BDSM type of relationship, I find it rare to see a submissive woman centering a desire to serve, please, or be lead. Most often it's merely a roleplay she seeks, where she can let go of her usual (and often Type-A) self and perform something that if it wasn't a just a game or acting, she would find reprehensible.

Maybe there's a selection bias in my sample. Maybe the women on apps are more inclined to be assertive about their wants, and truly submissive types wouldn't put that out there?

I have the most amazing husband, a special darling boy online, chat with a few men who a friends, and have a IRL Dom.

The problem you are running into is common. Not just with women seeking Doms, but also very much so with anyone seeking anyone for a relationship. A woman's submission is her gift to give anyone she chooses. and she should be choosy about who she give that submission to. She needs to have someone who can and will take care of her, and that isn't every guy that lurks online. Submission requires trust and that is slow to unfold.

But the problem isn't the women that is listing what she is interested in finding. If you don't ask you have no chance of receiving.

Even a submissive woman should have a list of limits. the HELL nos, the soft limits, the maybes.
but along the same line they should have a list of things they want to experience. having a stack of fantasies written down and saying they want EXACTLY what is written and nothing else would be a red flag for many Doms.

But a man saying he want you to submit to me completely, without discussing limits and wants, especially if he has not tried any of this before would be a huge red flag to me also.

If I mis read or mis understood your post, please accept my apology.

Eh, it's not just women. It's most people who label themselves as submissive. This is godawfully rampant in the Femdom community, for example.

I think a lot of people just don't really know or understand the words Top and bottom, or else they want to sound edgier by calling themselves submissive when they aren't. But I think more often, it's that they don't realize being a Top or a bottom is a thing.

The general rule of thumb, I've found, is that most people want to be done unto, but they like to frame it as serving you. I am a phone sex operator who mostly does Domme work, and the number of times I've heard "I want to do x for you, Mistress when all I want is for them to send me $500 and fuck off.... :rolleyes:

Eh, it's not just women. It's most people who label themselves as submissive. This is godawfully rampant in the Femdom community, for example.

I think a lot of people just don't really know or understand the words Top and bottom, or else they want to sound edgier by calling themselves submissive when they aren't. But I think more often, it's that they don't realize being a Top or a bottom is a thing.

The general rule of thumb, I've found, is that most people want to be done unto, but they like to frame it as serving you. I am a phone sex operator who mostly does Domme work, and the number of times I've heard "I want to do x for you, Mistress when all I want is for them to send me $500 and fuck off.... :rolleyes:
That makes a lot of sense. At times myself, in my moments of "submissiveness," I really just want to be a passenger in the encounter while she takes the lead, which is ultimately a pretty selfish desire on my part. But I try to remain aware of that rather than dressing it up as being giving.

I just had a conversation with the Dom tonight. Were discussing what I liked best about our recent meeting.
He asked if I liked having my tits spanked.
My response was "honestly I like other things more. But it isn't about what I like."
Being a sub doesn't mean not having preferences. It's just not putting your preferences on the top of the list. A good Dom will indulge you often enough.

I personally struggle in this newer relationship of asking for what I want.

I'm pretty new to the Literotica world but have been interested in some areas of kink/fetish for years. I was mostly a lurker on Fetlife for awhile, and was an early adopter of Feeld back when hardly anybody used it. I consider myself someone who dabbles in this world; someone who's pretty open-minded and mostly taboo-free but I'm not an expert and I definitely shy away from using super specific labels to express my sexuality other than cishet. Some days I feel more submissive, others I feel more dominant. Most of my relationships and sexual experiences still remain pretty vanilla. But I like the self-expressive side of sex and the idea I can dive into society's sexual taboos in a safe and positive manner with like-minded people.

But I wanted to vent a bit about what I don't like about this world, and see if some of my frustrations resonate with anyone. I'm also open to being wrong, or maybe just misunderstanding some things. Perhaps I'll learn something from putting my thoughts out there?

I think my primary frustration is the overwhelming amount of submissive heterosexual women who are actually seeking service tops, or are mostly seeking to top from the bottom. This is quite common on Feeld. To be clear, there's nothing actually wrong with seeking that. Topping from the bottom is a perfectly fine thing to do/seek. But the manner in which it is expressed or explained almost always leaves out the part about how the Dom is actually only there to fulfill her needs as opposed to his own. Additionally, the Dom she seeks is always "experienced" which makes the dating profile look more like a job listing.

Related to this is an additional frustration I have around American society, but can apply to many cultures, that stigmatizes sex work. When I read a woman's profile who seeks an experienced Dom with all sorts of specific capabilities, I can't help but think she should probably pay for that. But she won't because unlike getting gagged or spanked, she sees paying for sex as beyond the pale, or perhaps only for desperate incels.

As someone who's recently become more interested in a BDSM type of relationship, I find it rare to see a submissive woman centering a desire to serve, please, or be lead. Most often it's merely a roleplay she seeks, where she can let go of her usual (and often Type-A) self and perform something that if it wasn't a just a game or acting, she would find reprehensible.

Maybe there's a selection bias in my sample. Maybe the women on apps are more inclined to be assertive about their wants, and truly submissive types wouldn't put that out there?
does it matter?

More people communicating, fucking and getting off can only make better sex lives, regardless of how it’s communicated, done or described. JMO.

I have the most amazing husband, a special darling boy online, chat with a few men who a friends, and have a IRL Dom.

The problem you are running into is common. Not just with women seeking Doms, but also very much so with anyone seeking anyone for a relationship. A woman's submission is her gift to give anyone she chooses. and she should be choosy about who she give that submission to. She needs to have someone who can and will take care of her, and that isn't every guy that lurks online. Submission requires trust and that is slow to unfold.

But the problem isn't the women that is listing what she is interested in finding. If you don't ask you have no chance of receiving.

Even a submissive woman should have a list of limits. the HELL nos, the soft limits, the maybes.
but along the same line they should have a list of things they want to experience. having a stack of fantasies written down and saying they want EXACTLY what is written and nothing else would be a red flag for many Doms.

But a man saying he want you to submit to me completely, without discussing limits and wants, especially if he has not tried any of this before would be a huge red flag to me also.

If I mis read or mis understood your post, please accept my apology.
That is very well written

Maybe there's a selection bias in my sample. Maybe the women on apps are more inclined to be assertive about their wants, and truly submissive types wouldn't put that out
I switch with men and women and a few trans. All subs do this. They want their fantasies fulfilled and there’s nothing wrong with that. If your sub partner wants things, make her earn them.

In my humble opinion it's certainly important to discuss needs and desires with your dominant. It's a problem when you begin to feel entitled. A good Dom will provide what you need but in a time and manner that He feels is best for you and the relationship. When you begin topping from the bottom to manipulate when your desires are met is when it becomes an issue.

I have recently been made aware of such actions by my Master. Not because I had such desires but that I did them selfishly and outside of His guidance and control.

There really is no other type of relationship where your such a reflection of your partner and its critically important to remember that.

I just had a conversation with the Dom tonight. Were discussing what I liked best about our recent meeting.
He asked if I liked having my tits spanked.
My response was "honestly I like other things more. But it isn't about what I like."
Being a sub doesn't mean not having preferences. It's just not putting your preferences on the top of the list. A good Dom will indulge you often enough.

I personally struggle in this newer relationship of asking for what I want.
I think you responded perfectly to his query about liking having your tits spanked. I don't think 24/7 D/s is a perfect thing. When NOT in D/s...that is the time in my humble opinion to say what it IS that you like best and desire. You are right..a good Dom will indulge you enough!

@emme8 put it in one sentence: If you don't ask you have no chance of receiving.
A sub submits because she wants to get something out of submission. Submission is a means, not an end in itself.

If a sub keeps asking and controlling, the something can be amiss. The source may lie with the sub or the dom.

For every submissive out there who is not really submissive and just follows the fad, there is a dom who is not really dominant.

Last edited:
I have had a version of this conversation with male friends. Though in a much more vanilla context.

I think they, and you, are right that modern dating is, in some significant aspects, unfair to men (there are things that suck about being a woman in the dating pool too - both can be true). I think I even empathise with a lot of the complaints.

But, speaking as a woman, I'd really really feel a lot better if the complainers would acknowledge that their complaints are about society. You know, the structural issues at play. The things that we, as individuals, are not realistically in a position to change.

Because without that acknowledgement. And I mean a really clear spelling out of the thing. I can't help but feel an expectation is being put on me to change my behavior to make things more "fair" for the men who might date me. And that is deeply unfair to me! I do not date, or play, because it's some civic duty. I do it because I want to. And I sure hope I don't need to explain why anything other than that would be a dystopian nightmare!

I have had a version of this conversation with male friends. Though in a much more vanilla context.

I think they, and you, are right that modern dating is, in some significant aspects, unfair to men (there are things that suck about being a woman in the dating pool too - both can be true). I think I even empathise with a lot of the complaints.

But, speaking as a woman, I'd really really feel a lot better if the complainers would acknowledge that their complaints are about society. You know, the structural issues at play. The things that we, as individuals, are not realistically in a position to change.

Because without that acknowledgement. And I mean a really clear spelling out of the thing. I can't help but feel an expectation is being put on me to change my behavior to make things more "fair" for the men who might date me. And that is deeply unfair to me! I do not date, or play, because it's some civic duty. I do it because I want to. And I sure hope I don't need to explain why anything other than that would be a dystopian nightmare!
Really well said, it’s also unfortunate that men (and I include myself) still don’t fully appreciate the much more significant risk factors that women have to navigate. I still get amazed by some of the stories of male behavior that i hear from women I’m close to.

Back