What's the hottest occupation for a female?

I must have noticed, since I tried to get back to/get closer to, the thread topic.

The problem with the original topic is that "hot" is in the eye (or groin) of the beholder. A profession you see as inherently "hot" may not do much for me.

I think it's actually the person who's hot, not the job. Rather than ogling Hooters girls, I might prefer to imagine what that cute librarian does when she retreats into the stacks. Does that make "librarian" a hot profession?
 
How about a job as a tester of sex toys?

"On a scale of one to ten, this dildo is a seven, but if it were moldable, it would be a nine..."

"On this fucking machine, I was able to achieve a four-minute orgasm, but the ejaculator feature could use some work..."

"This breast pump is just the thing for stimulating nipples, although you have to be careful not to use it too long..."

By God, I think there's a story there.
 
I answered that question in the post Bramblethorn semi-quoted.

Your answer was just as subjective as the others that have been posted here, though. "WWE wrestler" and "yoga instructor" certainly aren't inherently sexy jobs from where I'm sitting.
 
There is nothing subjective about those two jobs unless you're crossing your arms and saying, "No matter what you say, I refuse to see it."

Your concept of "sexy" seems to be limited to the visual. Mine isn't.
 
....................
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Your concept of "sexy" seems to be limited to the visual. Mine isn't.

I think I see what KOH is saying. That Whitesnake reference, though. I've tried to put hair metal behind me. :eek:

It's both visual and non-visual. There are some occupations that are sexy by description. Yoga instructor, Hooters girl. You expect sensuality there. Others need amplification and development. Female accountants are not innately sexy. If they're very prim and proper with their hair put up in a bun and wear stern looking glasses, all the while wearing seamed nylons and CFM heels, different story. Yeah, that's visual to an extent, but the big part is the "what if". What does she do away from work? Much like your own librarian analogy. Another "what if" scenario. She's around books all day. What does she do when she's in the stack all alone? What does she do when she goes home? Is she a little, mousy devil waiting to be unleashed? An older, mature woman looking for something in a college student?
 
......................
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The OP has three questions: His title: "What's the hottest occupation for a female?" (This is where you have to set aside your personal taste) and this is the question I'm addressing. Some jobs are naturally sexy or required to be sexy/sensual.

The second question: "Just wonder what occupation does everyone fantasize about and why?" - but people threw out occupations without giving reasons to why they are sexy/hot. People started listing every job they could think of. (If you find an engineering job sexy, then I'm going to guess it doesn't matter what the woman doing the job looks like. The job itself is sexy.)

The third: "And for the writers how do you come up with inspirations for characters?" - I don't think I saw to many answers for this. I can't remember.

In context, I think a "hot job" would be a job that lets the reader see the character as sexy. So, the complete answer involves not just the job itself, but the character, and the story too. Obviously it also involves the reader, but as a writer you don't get much choice there.

If you want to consider jobs that are inherently sexy, then why have we left prostitutes pretty much out of the discussion? Being sexy and having sex is their job.

I was the first person to list the occupations of my characters. That goes to the second question. Those are the jobs of characters that I have fantasized about. I didn't explain why, but other people have. I want my female characters to be competent and intelligent, so I tend to place them in jobs that require competence and intelligence.

One job that didn't make my list (because I removed the series from Lit) is "concert pianist." She was competitive, motivated, highly intelligent, highly skilled. She also had a really nasty temper.

I did (or tried to) answer the third question. It was in the first reply on the thread. My characters are based loosely and indirectly on people I've known. I mix and match characteristics to fit my needs.
 
In most of my stories the female lead's job isn't that important, and in some it isn't revealed at all. I haven't written any stories where the job is a "sexy" job, per se, although in one of my stories the lead character's professional skills as a chef come into play before and during sex. In the other stories the job plays some other plot role or it poses a dramatic obstacle to the female character engaging in sexual activity of some kind. The jobs of my female lead characters, in order of story publication, are:

Toy-making elf
Accountant
Human resources manager
School teacher
Alien linquistics professor
Suis chef/culinary school student

I think almost any job can be made into something sexy if you choose to incorporate some aspect of the job into the sexual angle of the story. But in most of my stories the job is a foil to, rather than an aspect of, the sexual theme of the story.
 
Cool.

I don't know why no one mentioned prostitute. It is a sex job, but is it sexy/hot? (High class, yeah, maybe) but there is a lot of bad history in the prostitute business. I don't know if it would be a 'hot' job. Pimps, brothels, banging as many men a day as they can, drug use, abuse, more. . . I don't know how sexy that lifestyle/career choice is.

I'm leaning toward, there can be sexy women in the prostitute game, but the job is not inherently hot. Like a camgirl. The job itself is not hot, but the actions of those working it could be.

Yes, it's sexy, but a story about a prostitute wouldn't necessarily be a sexy story. You need tension, conflict, a hint of the forbidden or the taboo, to ratchet up the eroticism. A happy prostitute going about a normal day isn't erotic, just like a happily married couple waking up one morning and going at it isn't that erotic (to be fair there are some decent erotic stories along these lines, but most of the time these stories are boring).

So, a story about a school teacher who has a secret life as a prostitute would be very erotic, while a story about a happy prostitute would be less so.
 
I don't know why no one mentioned prostitute. It is a sex job, but is it sexy/hot? (High class, yeah, maybe) but there is a lot of bad history in the prostitute business. I don't know if it would be a 'hot' job. Pimps, brothels, banging as many men a day as they can, drug use, abuse, more. . . I don't know how sexy that lifestyle/career choice is.

What are the hot jobs. Where sex and sensuality are inherent to the position? WWE female wrestler.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-chyna-autopsy-drugs-alcohol-20161222-story.html

"An autopsy of [WWE] star Chyna revealed she died of a lethal combination of muscle relaxers, painkillers and alcohol this spring, according to a coroner's report. Toxicology tests indicated that Chyna, whose real name was Joan Marie Laurer, had taken a mix of alcohol and diazepam, which is marketed as Valium; nordazepam; oxycodone; oxymorphone; and temazepam, a medication used to treat insomnia, according to a Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner report."

There are plenty more stories like hers from WWE. Pro wrestling will fuck up your body and brain worse than sex work, and it's not a coincidence that so many wrestlers end up reliant on painkillers.

Of course they're not, why would they be? I just said 99% of the jobs mentioned aren't, why would the ones I say NOT be inherently sex.

Yoga instructor is naturally sexy. The clothes. The style. The bodies. Not every instructor walks around in skin tight clothing or works in heated rooms, but when men want to jerk off, I'm guessing yoga instructor makes more sense than accountant behind desk. Men aren't going to Google 'Random Accountant' either. IF they want to jerk off to an accountant, they're adding the word 'sexy' in there. (That's an edit, I'm not awake yet.) If you google Yoga Instructor Female, you're going to get some alone-time pictures without adding the word 'sexy.' Everyone who does yoga may not be sexy, but sexiness is a natural part of yoga that many practitioners will be, whether they meant to be sexy or not, while performing all those moves.

I accept that this is what turns you on, and no doubt many other dudes, but your turn-ons are not universal. There's nothing more "inherently sexy" about a yoga instructor's moves (or body type, or clothes) than in a cellist's fingerwork or a mathematician's mind. Being a more common preference doesn't make it an inherent thing.
 
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-chyna-autopsy-drugs-alcohol-20161222-story.html

"An autopsy of [WWE] star Chyna revealed she died of a lethal combination of muscle relaxers, painkillers and alcohol this spring, according to a coroner's report. Toxicology tests indicated that Chyna, whose real name was Joan Marie Laurer, had taken a mix of alcohol and diazepam, which is marketed as Valium; nordazepam; oxycodone; oxymorphone; and temazepam, a medication used to treat insomnia, according to a Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner report."

There are plenty more stories like hers from WWE. Pro wrestling will fuck up your body and brain worse than sex work, and it's not a coincidence that so many wrestlers end up reliant on painkillers.

I'm sorry, but I think extrapolating Chyna's tragic story to all of WWE and then transplanting the same analogy to the horrendous number of tragedies amongst sex workers is pretty well off the mark.
 
Yes, it's sexy, but a story about a prostitute wouldn't necessarily be a sexy story. You need tension, conflict, a hint of the forbidden or the taboo, to ratchet up the eroticism.

My female characters in "Love is Enough," (linked in my sig. It's a very sentimental story) are prostitutes. Or were prostitutes, since they're dead. Being former prostitutes makes some of the sex very easy. Much of the story circulates around why they were prostitutes. That gets tougher.

I wouldn't normally use a prostitute as a character. It isn't that they can't fit the competent, intelligent profile I want in my characters, it's because I think making that believable is hard.
 
There is difference between Yoga and a Cellist. Yoga is inherently sexual. The positions, the movements, the body work, the stretching, the athleticism, the toning of the muscles. Everything that is physical about it has a sexual appeal somewhere down the line that can be used in a sexual situation.

Yoga may not have been meant to be 'sexy' I have no idea, but, it is something that is attractive and high sexual, meant to be or not, it is what it is and so has become in today's world.

Yoga was originally a male-only religious pursuit. The sexuality that you interpret into it seems pretty unique.
 
There is the original concept of what it was and who took part and then there is what it has become in today's world. (Women couldn't always vote in the US, but things change.)

I'm not saying it's only sexy for women, I'm sure there are women who see men doing yoga and think, "That's hot." And, without proof, but knowing how men think (in general) I'm confident that the men practicing it throughout history said to themselves, "This is really good for sex."

Maybe. It was about complete body control. The ultimate achievement was to stand waist deep in the Ganges and draw water into your body through your penis. Women did not qualify. Wait, what does that have to do with sex?

As near as I can tell, what's practiced as Yoga in the US is just a stretching and exercise program. It's as sexual as Jazzercise or Pilates, or any number of fitness programs. Do you think women's fitness programs are all just to make them more sexually appealing?

It may not be outlandish to think they are, but I think social activity and general health may be bigger factors.
 
Let's check my WIPs

1. Rebel Leader
2. Assassin
3. Hacker/Hacktivist
4. Mob Boss
5. Tyrannical Dictator (this story is the one I'm most excited about)
6. Serial Killer

Does anybody else see a pattern here?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top