What I learned from publishing a Loving Wives story

Finally, somebody else GETS IT. Lot of traffic, votes and comments with a small minority that are shitheads.

Nothing to fear unless you have paper-thin skin.
Hey,

But I made it seem like a journal paper šŸ˜‰.

Em

Something called ā€œcheatingā€ or ā€œBTBā€ is not a part of the essential nature of the Loving Wives category. It doesnā€™t belong there, and people should know that.

One group uses the LW category correctly and the other does not.
These are your opinions and frankly don't count for much. Having written in LW for years now. I can tell you it's become a catchall for a lot of stories that DON"T fit the description. Go check out Todd172, one of the most popular writers there, and his stories don't even begin to match the category description. A lot of mine don't.

And the inclusion of the word MORE at the end makes cheating stories perfectly welcome. As are girlfriends, and fiances instead of wives. (AS per Laurel several years ago)

Most of the people that complain that a story is in the wrong category have never read the site description, nor are they aware of the evolving history of the LW category.

. I take joy in snuffing out their infantile little voice with a click of the delete comment button.
A great response to a moron. But to add to your pleasure, make sure you post your own comment telling them you deleted them. Icing on the cake! šŸ˜‰ :nana:

These are your opinions and frankly don't count for much. Having written in LW for years now. I can tell you it's become a catchall for a lot of stories that DON"T fit the description. Go check out Todd172, one of the most popular writers there, and his stories don't even begin to match the category description. A lot of mine don't.

And the inclusion of the word MORE at the end makes cheating stories perfectly welcome. As are girlfriends, and fiances instead of wives. (AS per Laurel several years ago)

Most of the people that complain that a story is in the wrong category have never read the site description, nor are they aware of the evolving history of the LW category.
I'll go one further: the vast majority of the readers in LW disagree with that assessment. LW can be sharing, swinging, and swapping, but that doesn't seem to be what most of the readers actually want.

This insistence that LW can't be about cheating (BTBs or not) reads a lot like the 80 year old English teacher rapping knuckles of any student who dares to use "can" when they should be using "may." Almost no one gives a shit, and everyone involved knows exactly what the kid means; the teacher is just clinging to what they were taught because it's what they want to believe.

Linguistic prescriptivism sucks and is dumb. So does category prescriptivism, especially when the vast majority disagrees with what's trying to be prescribed.

But, please, bitch about splitting infinitives more.

I'm getting my turn in the barrel. Posted up a LW story this morning. I'm going to exercise the delete comment option on every anonymous, idiotic comment. There are some criticisms of the story that are good calls on the part of the reader who posted them. And I'm leaving the comments of the readers who did not like the story, but at least are not anonymous.

The vile, anonymous comments, though? Hey, I guess we can hope those guys will turn 21 next year, and with it, will come some wisdom.

And they've had an impact. I had ten stories with the hot tag. Now there are 8. Too bad the little red tag is not what I am writing for. I don't mind having them, but they are not why I write.

But Holy Screaming cats on meth! The number of views is insane. The number of ratings is insane. And 48 comments, but soon to be a few less.

This is a very disturbing image.
So are some of the things the anonymous posters say!

I even left a few of the anonymous comments up, because they did make valid points even if they hated the story. And I tossed a few that were not anonymous, because they were dumb.

Still, just ... wow. Some of these guys really get bent out of shape. One almost could wonder why? What is it they are telling the world about themselves, responding like that?

The other thing was, it wasn't me who put it in LW. When I first submitted it, I put a note for the editor saying I picked non-erotic, since there was no sex in this. But, as I'm still pretty new to Literotica, I left it to the discretion of the admins to decide what category they thought it should be in.

I have no quarrel with their decision, whatsoever. Too bad the ones who don't like it aren't site admins!

One almost could wonder why? What is it they are telling the world about themselves, responding like that?
I have so many unfair words I could respond with, but I'll be kind and say maybe they're lonely and are lashing out in the only way they know how.

The other thing was, it wasn't me who put it in LW. When I first submitted it, I put a note for the editor saying I picked non-erotic, since there was no sex in this. But, as I'm still pretty new to Literotica, I left it to the discretion of the admins to decide what category they thought it should be in.

I have no quarrel with their decision, whatsoever. Too bad the ones who don't like it aren't site admins!
Itā€™s a great story and a perfect fit for LW. Iā€™m glad to see it in there; sorry your ratings are getting dinged.

aaaaaaaaaah. I see SME and I think Small-to-Medium-sized Enterprise...
Iā€™m a BPO at work. Which I thought meant business processing outsourcing, but has been repurposed to mean business product owner (for one of our claims systems).

Em

Iā€™m a BPO at work. Which I thought meant business processing outsourcing, but has been repurposed to mean business product owner (for one of our claims systems).

Em
I'm trying to think of three lewd words I can substitute. ;)

Yep, they're going after my other stories, too. Down to six stories marked hot, now. Gee, too bad that's not why I write!

The way I see it, there are three things about the story ratings they cannot wreck: the number of views, the number of ratings, and the number of favorites.

Back