Isolated Blurt Thread Again

I
There are three problems with that:

1. Although I have a basic mobile I only use it for emergencies because my fingers won't work the keys, nor can I hear it except faintly when it is on the loudest setting.

2. I cannot hear my landline clearly either despite loudness enhancements. I have to ask my wife to listen and speak for me.

3. My voice is indistinct - reason being investigated and I have been referred to a speech therapist. When I rang the helpline it asked me to say my sixteen digit card number but it took me five attempts before it understood the digits. When I finally got through the customer advisor said 'Don't bother. We won't stop a payment or call you unless we suspect fraud. We just want people to use the app because it is easier for us' - NOT easier for the customers! particularly aged and disabled users like me.

Hey Og, in the US I know there is something called a TYY phone for those with hearing loss or speech issues that will use text to communicate.
Good luck.

Ogg; take a look here, perhaps?

Thanks HP, but they are limited in use:

and direct communication is possible with anyone who has a similar device.

Both ends of the line have to have the equipment...

Oh drat; sorry.
But I recall BT having devices to assist; amplified microphones, and things for the hard of hearing. Maybe an enquiry there ?
Good Luck

PS. The TV series "Chicago PD" is about to start another series of adventures.
The trailer caught my eye, though.
The superior officer (female) has three stars on her collar. When wearing a jacket (Very dark in colour) she has a salad bar of colourful medal (?) ribbons but at her
right breast. Can anyone please explain this ?
Surely one would not wear a parent's medals [in memoriam] in a day uniform ?

Last edited:
Oh drat; sorry.
But I recall BT having devices to assist; amplified microphones, and things for the hard of hearing. Maybe an enquiry there ?
Good Luck

I have those already on my landline. They used to help but not now my deafness has got worse...

I'm a deaf old coot kept going by strong coffee.

Computer problems...

My internet connection dropped out this morning. Normal fault fixing processes didn't solve the problem and I had to do a system restore.

When the computer restarted I had lost Firefox so had to use Internet Explorer to download Firefox again. I've lost all my bookmarks and saved pages.

What I haven't lost are all my completed stories and hundreds of part-finished ones, that are backed-up anyway.

Three hours later I can check my emails. Grr!

My internet connection dropped out this morning. Normal fault fixing processes didn't solve the problem and I had to do a system restore.
Three hours later I can check my emails. Grr!

A bloody nuisance, ain't it ?

With my nude day entry, I have 300 stories on Lit as oggbashan.

OK, several are chaptered works but I have posted some, previously in parts, as complete works.

The next target? 300 including all part or chapters counted as one. Maybe by end of this year.

World's oldest love poem. Written approx. 2000 BCE.
Almost four thousand years old!
Would have put it in the poetry forum but that board is cutthroat, makes the GB look like a child's playground. :D
Hope you enjoy it.

Bridegroom, dear to my heart,
Goodly is your beauty, honeysweet,
Lion, dear to my heart,
Goodly is your beauty, honeysweet.

You have captivated me, let me stand tremblingly before you.
Bridegroom, I would be taken by you to the bedchamber,
You have captivated me, let me stand tremblingly before you.
Lion, I would be taken by you to the bedchamber.

Bridegroom, let me caress you,
My precious caress is more savory than honey,
In the bedchamber, honey-filled,
Let me enjoy your goodly beauty,
Lion, let me caress you,
My precious caress is more savory than honey.

Bridegroom, you have taken your pleasure of me,
Tell my mother, she will give you delicacies,
My father, he will give you gifts.

Your spirit, I know where to cheer your spirit,
Bridegroom, sleep in our house until dawn,
Your heart, I know where to gladden your heart,
Lion, sleep in our house until dawn.

You, because you love me,
Give me pray of your caresses,
My lord god, my lord protector,
My Shu-Sin, who gladdens Enlil’s heart,
Give my pray of your caresses.
Your place goodly as honey, pray lay your hand on it,
Bring your hand over like a gishban-garment,
Cup your hand over it like a gishban-sikin-garment

It is a balbale-song of Inanna.

World's oldest love poem. Written approx. 2000 BCE.
Almost four thousand years old!
Would have put it in the poetry forum but that board is cutthroat, makes the GB look like a child's playground. :D
Hope you enjoy it.

Bridegroom, dear to my heart,
Goodly is your beauty, honeysweet,
Lion, dear to my heart,
Goodly is your beauty, honeysweet.

Your place goodly as honey, pray lay your hand on it,
Bring your hand over like a gishban-garment,
Cup your hand over it like a gishban-sikin-garment

It is a balbale-song of Inanna.

There's a poem from ancient Egypt probably as old, if not older. See Here.

There's a poem from ancient Egypt probably as old, if not older. See Here.

I think the difference is the Sumerian poem is a love poem, the world's oldest love poem, Harper Hymns are funerary texts, even tho they read as love songs/poems.I enjoyed reading them. Maybe that's the distinction the article's author was using to classify it as 'the oldest'. Both written around the same time.
Thanks for the link. I was unaware of Harper's Hymns.

The wiki article about the aforementioned hymns is quite fascinating, I especially liked how ancient Egyptian hymns, songs and poems were classified.

World's Oldest...:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ancient.eu/amp/2-750/

ETA second link doesn't work, sorry for c&p.

The distinction between songs, hymns and poetry in Ancient Egyptian texts is not always clear. The convention is to treat as songs those poetic texts which are depicted with musical instruments. If the songs are seen to have a clear connection with temple cults and festivals then they are commonly described as hymns.[5] Poetic texts which are found in some tombs which are shown with scenes of labor are compared with songs sung by Egyptian laborers in the modern era and are also therefore classified as songs. Other songs relate to the cult of the dead and are nearly always depicted with harps from which the title "Harper's Songs" is derived.[5] Since the songs are reflections on death, rather than being part of the rituals associated with burial, freer expression of thoughts is encountered in these texts. Songs sought to reassure the owner of the tomb about his fate after death by way of praise.[5] The greater freedom, in the case Harper's Song from the Tomb of King Intef, even went so far as to doubt the reality of an afterlife, lamenting death and advising that life should be enjoyed whilst it could.[5] Miriam Lichtheim viewed this as introducing a more skeptical strand of thought which would be reflected in works such as the Dispute between a Man and His Ba and other Harper's Songs.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harper**7s_Songs

Last edited:

Weather forecast (0730):
"80% chance of heavy rain."​
nshra80.png

Guess what? It didn't rain a goddamned drop— not a single fucking drop.

Christ, these people are worthless (during the summer).

What is the point of having a means of telling your video recorder to switch on to record a TV programme, when the blaggards in charge decide that the game will be broadcast on a different channel (if at all !).

A lot longer if you keep peeking in the oven. :rose: :kiss:

You've been sorely missed.

This is true. One would think I'd have learned patience at this age, but no. Not enough at any rate. :rolleyes:

It's good to see you old friend. :rose: :kiss:

This is true. One would think I'd have learned patience at this age, but no. Not enough at any rate. :rolleyes:

It's good to see you old friend. :rose: :kiss:

Patience is one of the hardest things to learn and even harder to put into practice. Deep breaths sometime helps.

I've finished and edited my first story for Summer Lovin, but have three more part-written entries.

Should I start the support thread now, or wait until the entries for Nude Day are closed?

I've finished and edited my first story for Summer Lovin, but have three more part-written entries.

Should I start the support thread now, or wait until the entries for Nude Day are closed?

I'm gonna vote 'wait'. I might have an idea for a Summer Lovin' entry this year. Maybe. But I'm trying to get another story wrapped up first, and I'd rather not have the distraction. But that's just me.

I stopped writing at Literotica because I opted to experience my sexual kinks in person, rather than just write about them.

I wonder now, however, should I do both?

:devil::heart::confused::D

I stopped writing at Literotica because I opted to experience my sexual kinks in person, rather than just write about them.

I wonder now, however, should I do both?

:devil::heart::confused::D

Oh Yes! I can't wait to subscribe to McKenna's BedBlog!

Back