Isolated Blurt Thread Again

What'd you say to Bellysores to get him all riled up, Ogg? He's starting threads in your honour. :D

I've just fitted clips to my walker to hold my walking stick but Murphy's Law applied. If there is a possibility of fitting the pieces the wrong way round - I did, and had to take them off again to get them to fit properly.

Why didn't I read the instructions first?

There weren't any...

Just the same for my Hearing Aid. . . .

It's "intuitive." At least that's what I've been told for every new program-based device I've purchased in recent years. I've deduced that "intuitive" means how it works is obvious to the people who designed it, but they really have no way of describing how actually to do it.

I ran into a related problem as head coach for a youth soccer club. We had many ex-players as volunteer parent-coaches who knew how to dribble, kick, head, and everything else, but no awareness of how they actually did those things. As a result, they were totally incapable of teaching skills to the kids.

What'd you say to Bellysores to get him all riled up, Ogg? He's starting threads in your honour. :D

I suggested that President Trump's actions and policies weren't all bad...

And that some in the UK actually approve of him.

I suggested that President Trump's actions and policies weren't all bad...

And that some in the UK actually approve of him.

Even though you may be right, Og, many of us don't think the good is worth the price to be paid for his rule. On a practical level, the bad far outweighs the good. On a higher level, most of us actually do prefer democracy to dictatorship. I do believe tomorrow is the sixth of June, and we should remember what struggle that date represents. It would dishonor those who fought and those who died fighting to now accept the rule of a narcissistic tyrant.

According to the Trumper hisself, there were thousands of Brits showering him with adulation. At least that's what he thought the offal and fecal and all that was thrown at him was called.

I just figured out why his hair is the color it is. Golden showers. :D

According to the Trumper hisself, there were thousands of Brits showering him with adulation. At least that's what he thought the offal and fecal and all that was thrown at him was called.

He probly thought Baby Trump was a shout out to his diaper fetish. :)

Can't you guys do a better job at containing KeithD? He's littering up the GB again.

Kthxbai

How do you know? It is the GB after all. From what I've seen, it stays knee deep in litter. Some of it is even cat litter. :eek:

How do you know? It is the GB after all. From what I've seen, it stays knee deep in litter. Some of it is even cat litter. :eek:

Exactly. :)
That's how bad it is. :mad:
Hard to make an impression at the dump but 's Lit's new owner can. Quite remarkably so, too! Smh.
But I get it, herding KeithD is like herding cats.... :cattail::cattail:

Hate to be a rebel and run...but don't want to break any ISO rules. 🏃

Shhh. Keep it down, no giggling allowed. :mad:
You might upset Electric and/or Brambles. Nice guys and all but stoic to a fault.
;) :rose:
Eh, what's this, mentioned in despatches? EB back-reads the relevant posts and grins.

Now why am I not surprised about that? Typical large scale IQ loss when otherwise intelligent people depart from the AH and go to their other stomping ground, the GB or the Political Board. What is it with those folk, are they really as dumb as they look when they do that? Arguing with morons, what does that make them?

Carry on :).

Credit card woes...

I've just received an email from one of my credit card providers. In future, for online purchases I have to use a mobile app or answer a call on my landline.

This is apparently for increased security to avoid online fraud.

There are three problems with that:

1. Although I have a basic mobile I only use it for emergencies because my fingers won't work the keys, nor can I hear it except faintly when it is on the loudest setting.

2. I cannot hear my landline clearly either despite loudness enhancements. I have to ask my wife to listen and speak for me.

3. My voice is indistinct - reason being investigated and I have been referred to a speech therapist. When I rang the helpline it asked me to say my sixteen digit card number but it took me five attempts before it understood the digits. When I finally got through the customer advisor said 'Don't bother. We won't stop a payment or call you unless we suspect fraud. We just want people to use the app because it is easier for us' - NOT easier for the customers! particularly aged and disabled users like me.

I've just received an email from one of my credit card providers. In future, for online purchases I have to use a mobile app or answer a call on my landline.

This is apparently for increased security to avoid online fraud.

There are three problems with that:

1. Although I have a basic mobile I only use it for emergencies because my fingers won't work the keys, nor can I hear it except faintly when it is on the loudest setting.

2. I cannot hear my landline clearly either despite loudness enhancements. I have to ask my wife to listen and speak for me.

3. My voice is indistinct - reason being investigated and I have been referred to a speech therapist. When I rang the helpline it asked me to say my sixteen digit card number but it took me five attempts before it understood the digits. When I finally got through the customer advisor said 'Don't bother. We won't stop a payment or call you unless we suspect fraud. We just want people to use the app because it is easier for us' - NOT easier for the customers! particularly aged and disabled users like me.

Hey Og, in the US I know there is something called a TYY phone for those with hearing loss or speech issues that will use text to communicate. Surely your socialized medicine should pay for this, if its available for low cost over here for those with said issues. At worst could you buy one for your landline use and would at least partially solve some phone issues, both hearing and speaking. Good luck.

Hey Og, in the US I know there is something called a TYY phone for those with hearing loss or speech issues that will use text to communicate. Surely your socialized medicine should pay for this, if its available for low cost over here for those with said issues. At worst could you buy one for your landline use and would at least partially solve some phone issues, both hearing and speaking. Good luck.

Yes, we have a similar device here but I can hear friends and family whose voices are familiar. Most other callers are Indian call centres trying to sell me something or get my bank details. They soon get fed up of shouting at the deaf old coot, particularly as I pretend to be deafer than I am.

Back