30 in 30 Companion Thread

Dancing Banana Sentence
:nana: Give me your yellow sway and wiggle guaranteed to make me giggle
This could percolate into a week long mini-challenge. Who's in?

Modified American Sentence (mostly Illustrated Poetry, to paint the other 983 words in our stories)

Include an Illustration and an American Sentence ... enter as often as you like... no "talk" thread will be opened since I think every post should be an American Sentence, comments, challenge responses and general kibitzing notwithstanding.

What thinkest thou, the quorum?

Modified American Sentence (mostly Illustrated Poetry, to paint the other 983 words in our stories)

Include an Illustration and an American Sentence ... enter as often as you like... no "talk" thread will be opened since I think every post should be an American Sentence, comments, challenge responses and general kibitzing notwithstanding.

If I remember how to use whatever Paint program I have, sure I'll put something together. (There's a reason I have only ever done one Illustrated Poem here. :eek:)

:cool:

butters said:
... a pink-faced inn bends from its waist
a slow, polite bow
to fall face-first
in drunken etiquette
stiff vomit of table and chairs
mops, beds, brushes
bodies and bricks...
terrible/horrifying image but portrayed so wonderfully :cool:

I think that sounds like fun. :)

If I remember how to use whatever Paint program I have, sure I'll put something together. (There's a reason I have only ever done one Illustrated Poem here. :eek:)

Perhaps, if you were to ask some kind soul, they might be willing to put your sentence on an image for you. :D

Dancing Banana Sentence
:nana: Give me your yellow sway and wiggle guaranteed to make me giggle
:D:D:D
terrible/horrifying image but portrayed so wonderfully :cool:
i hope it caught that kind of slo-mo grace that seems so remarkable in a scene of emotional horror... anyways, tried to write how i saw it in my head and that included seeing the bodies almost as inaminate objects, inserted amidst the other wreckage. despite the emotional awareness of what we're looking at when we see this kind of footage, i think (in hindsight) there's some kind of protection our brains use to disance/buffer the emotional response.

yeah, you can tell i'm tired when i'm talking like this :rolleyes:

Really enjoying reading the glorious mishegoss that is the current 30/30 explosion. You're all doing great, but I have to single out Harry's latest nota sonnet (although any day at Wal-Mart feels like the end of the world to me), Trix's sly take on William Carlos Williams plums poem and Calli's 2-4, which is just lovely.

Really enjoying reading the glorious mishegoss that is the current 30/30 explosion. You're all doing great, but I have to single out Harry's latest nota sonnet (although any day at Wal-Mart feels like the end of the world to me), Trix's sly take on William Carlos Williams plums poem and Calli's 2-4, which is just lovely.

Thank you so much! :rose:

Every day I'm impressed by the pieces that are being posted in the 30/30.

butters, I particularly liked flash flood; it was really evocative and created such a vivid picture.

sorry guys I have been distracted in reality as of late :( ...but I spent some time catching up on you guys writing and was making notes this morning to make comments and misc ...and well my hand started hurting heh cause you al have been nocking them out of the park!

Trix I see you are knocking out your book title challenge ...enjoyed 1-3 with the dreams of eded to fit ...and 1-5 ...are the poems about the book hun or just the title? ...think they are going with the stories right and can relate to 1-7

champ. 1-3 painfully understood this one dear! ...this one could be taken in both happy and sad directions pending on the reader ...well put hun! and 1-4 liked the boulders and past bluffs and changing states ...I am entering that thought deeply atm

Lyri 2-3 very good liked this one a lot :p ! and 2-5 painfully understood this one!

butters 2-3 liked the "hoist the prize clear" think this line made the poem for me! and 2-4 loved the consequences in this one...well worded !

todski 2-2 like how this one had an interesting twist in it hun! kind of uplifting :p and 2-3 sanity is a joke yes this one is very well worded! ...on another note I really liked the one you read on the lets hear it page to :p

harry 1-13 was definitely very straight forward and to the point ...not sure if your bday is coming up but if it is Happy bday :p ...also enjoyed 1-14 the Walmart one that one was very deep in statements as well!

Piscator 1-1 such a little seeming poem but packs a powerful punch with its meaning! and 1-2 is horrible ...Not the poem ...the poem isn't horrible ...but the light of what it is talking about :p

Remec 8-30 really liked the "wild boy child" line in this one! and 8-29 was very beautiful as well!

Ange loved your 1-21 the middle stanza was for me very real and powerful! also 1-28 loved the shadowed yesterdays! Always well worded!

ok I would make more cementations but I have to well get ready for work now!!! Keep up the writing everyone ...there are so many good ones here I didn't have time to mention all of them ... Good jobs! :)

Last edited:
Trix I see you are knocking out your book title challenge ...enjoyed 1-3 with the dreams of eded to fit ...and 1-5 ...are the poems about the book hun or just the title? ...think they are going with the stories right and can relate to 1-7

Thanks Sin, glad you're enjoying some of them, but it's not book titles this time around...

Had a bit o' fun with that one :D

Thanks Sin, glad you're enjoying some of them, but it's not book titles this time around...

Had a bit o' fun with that one :D

I loved when you used plum as an adjective. It was the biggest hint in the poem but it was sneaky. I just love doing that kind of stuff when I write. :D

Thank you. It was so nice of you to take the time to read and comment on so many of the poems. :)

I read them all hun :) ...always ! ...just been well distracted in real life ...theres ALOT of good poems in there I didn't have time to comment on all of them!

sorry guys I have been distracted in reality as of late :( ...but I spent some time catching up on you guys writing and was making notes this morning to make comments and misc ...and well my hand started hurting heh cause you al have been nocking them out of the park!

Piscator 1-1 such a little seeming poem but packs a powerful punch with its meaning! and 1-2 is horrible ...Not the poem ...the poem isn't horrible ...but the light of what it is talking about :p

Thanks Sin.

I apologize for not making more comments on this forum but putting out a poem a day is more than enough.

I am thoroughly enjoying this round with you creative beasts. It has given me reason to go through the photos of my journeys over the past year or so and do something with them.

And I'm with butters on the Wows.

And thank you Sins. Some dates are harder to work through than others.

:rose:

I still have to give some concentrated attention to the thread but on a quick look you lot are kicking it! :)

I still have to give some concentrated attention to the thread but on a quick look you lot are kicking it! :)

They really are! Read at one's own risk though as P'tor's trees just flashed me and tods dragged me into a pretty unpleasant bathroom scene lol. Both those images/poems are great reminders to me that feeling shock or disgust as a reader means the poet did his (or her) job right.

Otoh there's nothing a'tall wrong with simpler, more innocent scenes. I am quite taken with P'tor's oatmeal poem (though I'm still not sure who got the blueberries). There's a feeling of purity reading it: the tone of love and acceptance really shines. And it's just oatmeal. :)

Liricalli 2/10 I've made it a rule never to go to the grocery when I'm hungry :eek:

Back