~ Lit Radio - Specifically for the PG?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was. I've got another one coming up after Motown.

I do, too! The music...the city? I wouldn't call it love.

*grins* I have never been to the city, so I have no idea if I would love or hate or something between it.

*grins again* I had to read your sentence thrice to get it. I was listening for a song "I wouldn't call it love".

sing it James....oh ya...This Canadian is digging these songs.:heart:

Love me some James Brown.

Now let Junior blow for you, baby.

*grins* I have never been to the city, so I have no idea if I would love or hate or something between it.

*grins again* I had to read your sentence thrice to get it. I was listening for a song "I wouldn't call it love".

Yeah...it's nice enough, but it's been shitty weather every day. Pissy actually. with a smatter of shitty.

I need to write that song. :D

The Motown sound can be heard in a lot of today's music. It influenced a lot of artists, today's stuff isn't nearly as smooth though.

Hey, are you a Dylan fan? I'm really digging the New Basement Tapes now. So many good songs. I love Marcus Mumford's voice so my favorite at the moment is When I Get My Hands On You.

Hey, are you a Dylan fan? I'm really digging the New Basement Tapes now. So many good songs. I love Marcus Mumford's voice so my favorite at the moment is When I Get My Hands On You.

Love Dylan. The next 4 coming up, including Marcus. :D

Can you name my three favorite Robert Zimmerman songs that I'll be playing?

:( No, but I'll gladly learn what they are :)
Ooh, Hurricane!

Wonder if Beyond Here Lies Nothing is one of them...

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes
I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose
I offered up my innocence and got repaid with scorn
"Come in" she said
"I'll give you shelter from the storm".

She was married when we first met
Soon to be divorced
I helped her out of a jam, I guess
But I used a little too much force

This actually happened.

From Peter Coyote's, Tracking Bob Dylan
I felt like I was hearing a headline, and decided at that moment, that for all his surrealistic affections, Dylan was a very literal chronicler of an absurd world. It was not his lyrics, but his subject matter which was bizarre, and much could be learned by paying attention.

Eh hem! Love Chris, but no Marcus?

Edit: Now I'm crying and it's not even the right song, lol

Ok, ok, they were crocodile tears :rolleyes:

Last edited:
From Peter Coyote's, Tracking Bob Dylan
I felt like I was hearing a headline, and decided at that moment, that for all his surrealistic affections, Dylan was a very literal chronicler of an absurd world. It was not his lyrics, but his subject matter which was bizarre, and much could be learned by paying attention.

Very complex man. I'm going to have to put that one on my reading challenge list. :D

ahh...another one of my favorites. ya baby :heart:

I really like this one...

Marcus Mumford next. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back