The Mud Slingin' thread

I think Literotica must've been a fun site some 10 years back, without all this backstabbing and rigging shit...

What makes you think there wasn't backstabbing and rigging shit going on Literotica ten years ago? :eek:

What makes you think there wasn't backstabbing and rigging shit going on Literotica ten years ago? :eek:

Because the real old farts here claim it all went down hill when not just scouries but anyone arriving 2006 and after no one before that ever caused trouble here:rolleyes:

I was here. I know. The group that was here when I arrived was more civil by miles over the group here now. It was a tight knit community that took care of it's own. There was even a newbie thread that explained everything and where any and ll questions would be answered politely.

The difference was night and day. A lot of them had been here from the very beginning. I was a newbie and learned a hell of a lot in a short period of time. I met a bunch of them in person and what you saw on here was who they were. I miss all of them.

Maybe I should haul up a bunch of the old threads and let you see for yourself.

Because the real old farts here claim it all went down hill when not just scouries but anyone arriving 2006 and after no one before that ever caused trouble here:rolleyes:

I came to the AH in Feb. 2007 so I guess that means I'm one who causes trouble here.

I did some reading of the forum for a couple of years before even signing up with Literotica because the place was such a snake pit (and I posted stories for a year before braving the forum--started on the forum because two of the forum devas at that time were raking a newbe over the coals--and so I've been a target ever since). Some broad (who occasionally still gets mentioned) hazed anyone who asked "The Question" (how long to get posted) mercilessly and had friends who piled on (when newbes were asking because actual times had nothing to do with what was claimed in the FAQs). There was one clique of super cool intellectuals who condescended to everyone but themselves. There was a group who actually met someplace every year and then posted insider jokes to the forum for the rest of the year. And there were Jennie Jackson who told anyone who asked for feedback that their story was shit and Elfin. O. who told everyone it was illegal to write in the first person (although neither could tell the difference between voice and tense). Oh, and roving bands of vigilantes who ganged up on anyone not bowing and scraping to one of them. And Scouries was already giving sales stats and talking about his Literotica royalties.

Oh, and there was Amicus.

Doesn't seem like all that much has changed--at least radically.

Last edited:
I came to the AH in Feb. 2007 so I guess that means I'm one who causes trouble here.

It wasn't who got here, it was who left. Most left because of the political crap and the Presidential bullshit that certain people brought in from the GB among other places. Real life got in the way of others.

It wasn't who got here, it was who left. Most left because of the political crap and the Presidential bullshit that certain people brought in from the GB among other places. Real life got in the way of others.

Life happens. People join, and they leave. Some stay longer, some return.

:rose:

I did some reading of the forum for a couple of years before even signing up with Literotica because the place was such a snake pit (and I posted stories for a year before braving the forum--started on the forum because two of the forum devas at that time were raking a newbe over the coals--and so I've been a target ever since). Some broad (who occasionally still gets mentioned) hazed anyone who asked "The Question" (how long to get posted) mercilessly and had friends who piled on (when newbes were asking because actual times had nothing to do with what was claimed in the FAQs). There was one clique of super cool intellectuals who condescended to everyone but themselves. There was a group who actually met someplace every year and then posted insider jokes to the forum for the rest of the year. And there were Jennie Jackson who told anyone who asked for feedback that their story was shit and Elfin. O. who told everyone it was illegal to write in the first person (although neither could tell the difference between voice and tense). Oh, and roving bands of vigilantes who ganged up on anyone not bowing and scraping to one of them. And Scouries was already giving sales stats and talking about his Literotica royalties.

I remember when you first started posting here but it was in the feedback forum. That is where you ran into Jenny Jackson. I hate to say it but the forums were going down by then. I got here at the very tail end of the real old guard. Ogg was more typical of the original group than Jenny by a long shot.

I remember when you first started posting here but it was in the feedback forum. That is where you ran into Jenny Jackson. I hate to say it but the forums were going down by then. I got here at the very tail end of the real old guard. Ogg was more typical of the original group than Jenny by a long shot.

There were some very interesting people then, yes. But I'll have to say that posters, in general, were quicker to snap the heads off new people in 2007 than folks on the AH forum are now--and I don't remember any long strings of welcoming when someone introduced themselves for the first time. I primarily think, though, that no period is as great or as rough as it's later remembered to have been.

As for this thread, I think Scouries just revels in this sort of attention and platform for him to perform.

Wow!

That was philosophical and poetic to boot :D

Well said, Lynn :rose:

:)

The AH might have changed, but so has the real world. The younger generation today has a different attitude about life than the older generations do, which follows them to the forums.

I don't understand

Why in the bloody hell would an outsider like scouries recieve royalties off this site?

This is a free website, with its main source of income pouring in from the ads (mainly?) I can't see him anywhere in the equation.

He certainly has managed to get a lot of folks indignant enough to argue the silly concept with him over the years. And, apparently, here we go again. :rolleyes:

Really, just leave him alone to stew in his own juice. Pretty please. He's proven again and again that the best way to deal with him is to suck all of the air out of his room and leave him talking to himself.

Why in the bloody hell would an outsider like scouries recieve royalties off this site?

This is a free website, with its main source of income pouring in from the ads (mainly?) I can't see him anywhere in the equation.

Are you serious?

Please tell me you're joking.

:)

The AH might have changed, but so has the real world. The younger generation today has a different attitude about life than the older generations do, which follows them to the forums.

That's right. Ten years ago Facebook and Twitter did not exist or were in their infancy. Social media has eroded the need for AH in the format that existed when I regularly posted. We 'old guard' do stay in touch most days through other channels including a dedicated channel for 'old AH's'. As for me, I write longer works that are unlikely to be of interest to the average AH reader. I also run a Writers Residency programme, we've 45 Residency Guests this past year. I turned my 'hobby' into a business, and I'm still writing. Great old world, isn't it.

Are you serious?

Please tell me you're joking.

I was joking about the ads part, not the scouries part.

Are you telling me that scouries is associated with Lit? If he is, then I'm disabling this account immediately.

I was joking about the ads part, not the scouries part.

Are you telling me that scouries is associated with Lit? If he is, then I'm disabling this account immediately.

Think about your question logically.

You yourself have stated that you believe the source of that information to be a troll and a liar.

Yet you believe that particular statement - which makes no logical sense and is not backed up by any facts or evidence.

Why is that? What makes you believe that single statement from him, even when you consider him to be a liar?

I'm genuinely curious.

That's right. Ten years ago Facebook and Twitter did not exist or were in their infancy. Social media has eroded the need for AH in the format that existed when I regularly posted. We 'old guard' do stay in touch most days through other channels including a dedicated channel for 'old AH's'. As for me, I write longer works that are unlikely to be of interest to the average AH reader. I also run a Writers Residency programme, we've 45 Residency Guests this past year. I turned my 'hobby' into a business, and I'm still writing. Great old world, isn't it.

Social media has changed many things.

And congrats on the business. :rose:

You yourself have stated that you believe the source of that information to be a troll and a liar.

Yet you believe that particular statement - which makes no logical sense and is not backed up by any facts or evidence.

Why is that? What makes you believe that single statement from him, even when you consider him to be a liar?

I'm genuinely curious.

Dear Laurel,

I never believed him - EVER!

That one question you asked was a bit vague. I thought that you were pointing out the fact that this site wasn't making most of its money from the ads.

As for him being genuine, forget about it. It never will be.

Sorry for any misunderstanding I might have caused. :rose:

This is the last post from me on this thread. I think the idea has backfired severely and instead of....

Arrrgh. Let it be.

I want to close this thread....so bad.

The Soulful Bard.

Dear Laurel,

I never believed him - EVER!

That one question you asked was a bit vague. I thought that you were pointing out the fact that this site wasn't making most of its money from the ads.

As for him being genuine, forget about it. It never will be.

Sorry for any misunderstanding I might have caused. :rose:

This is the last post from me on this thread. I think the idea has backfired severely and instead of....

Arrrgh. Let it be.

I want to close this thread....so bad.

The Soulful Bard.

:rose: :rose: :rose:

No worries! :D

The site doesn't make most of its money from banners displayed on the story side. It makes ALL of its money from banners displayed on the story side. This is true for every site on the Internet that doesn't charge a membership - and also true of some that do.

The forum is ad-free. :rose:

I'm genuinely curious.

Truthfully Laurel?

Scouries has done more than enough in my time here to be "blown up" yet he stays. I have seen people get their posts and threads deleted and warned about their account for a fraction of what he has done.

Yet he stays. Malware infested links that can cause issues for the other users, hotlinking pics, harassment. At one point a year or two ago he was on a kick that TX Rad was racist and was posting disgusting pictures of lynchings and hangings and Concentration camps repeatedly throughout the AH threads.

People reported those posts left and right, yet not one was ever removed and again he is still here.

Asylum Seeker had his account along with his 300+ stories here wiped because he was a nuisance in the EH, but scouries is still here.

So that is an explanation many here would like to hear.

The Selene Kitt thread alone should have been the end of him

So.....there is far more than a few people here who wonder exactly what "Jim" has going here that allows this to continue.

So now in reading your post what I find interesting is that the place sounds like it was worse when you got here than in my time.

But that's no surprise. On sites like this new comers are always the problem "Kids these days"

In my time here is seems most-not all-but most of the politics stay in the GB. If someone would make an effort to move Jack Luis's current events posts to the GB along with the occasional one from Allan Chardon there would be even less.

Sure there is bickering here, but not a fraction of what you find in the cesspools of the GB and playground where all the cyber jackals gang up on people in the manner you describe this forum once had under the guise of freedom of speech:rolleyes: Those are the type that would try to cyber bully someone into suicide and think its funny.

One thing that has not changed, nor will it ever, its par for the course, are cliques and also a handful who think they have redefined or created writing here and all must bow to them. That is still here, but I think this "generation" seems better with ignore and letting shit slide.

Like you I did not start posting until after a years of writing and I'm glad because although there is a lot of very good advice to be had here from experienced people everything is opinion based on what works for them and some leave it at that others say "you must" so I am glad I learned a decent amount on my own.

You look at the questions asked here these days (and maybe back) its "will they like this? Should I do this?" I'm am happy I never worried about that and I think sometimes people take this forum and what is said here as the be all end all when all it is is a place for advice.

I'm fairly troll proof JBJ does not bother me at all, scouries is fun to screw with and whether you believe it or not I never took any of our arguments seriously. It was amusing and something to pass the time at the time.

All in all if someone were to finally blow up scouries-and yes he could come back, but all his precious threads and BS go with him- this place would be a lot quieter.

So In my post above this one I have asked the question many have already asked.

Truthfully Laurel?

Scouries has done more than enough in my time here to be "blown up" yet he stays. I have seen people get their posts and threads deleted and warned about their account for a fraction of what he has done.

Yet he stays. Malware infested links that can cause issues for the other users, hotlinking pics, harassment. At one point a year or two ago he was on a kick that TX Rad was racist and was posting disgusting pictures of lynchings and hangings and Concentration camps repeatedly throughout the AH threads.

People reported those posts left and right, yet not one was ever removed and again he is still here.

Asylum Seeker had his account along with his 300+ stories here wiped because he was a nuisance in the EH, but scouries is still here.

So that is an explanation many here would like to hear.

The Selene Kitt thread alone should have been the end of him

So.....there is far more than a few people here who wonder exactly what "Jim" has going here that allows this to continue.

Really, LC? You honestly believe AS had his account/stories wiped because he was a nuisance on the EF?

Back