God

I will believe in a god when over 15 THOUSAND children a day don't die of hunger. What, do they not pray right? If a god made them, why does he let them be just human waste? If there was a god, I would be very pissed at him.

You know I am very upset by these things myself. I explained this somewhere probably better but God created us to have a perfect world in the garden. He however didn't make us robots making us bow and adore him. He loved us enough to give us free will and because of that bad things entered the world when bad choices were made. I struggles with this myself because of abuse I suffered as a child and my seemingly unanswered prayers at the time. Unfortunatley there are consequences to the bad choices. I wish I had answers to every wrong suffered but i don't. I don't know his entire plan. I just try to work each day to help and make life better for as many people as I can. If we all did this it would be amazing. Whether you choose to believe in him or not.

Yeah, this story never happened.

Almost every post you've made has been some old theist chestnut of an argument that was kicked in the teeth 50 years ago. Buy some new books if you want to be taken seriously. And stop reading shit on the Internet.

And, for fuck's sake, check in with Snopes every now and then.

I think you are jealous that I check in with Snopes for fucks sake:D.

I think you are jealous that I check in with Snopes for fucks sake:D.

Well, clearly, you know --- you didn't. Or you wouldn't have told that bullshit Einstein story.

I've popped your entropy argument. I've killed your Einstein myth. Want to try the Prime Mover argument next? I'll kill that, too.

My advice for when I say "Prove it" is -- Try Harder.

Last edited:
So tell me something. Why is it so important for you to make the case that there isn't a God?

Because the two planes that flew into the Twin Towers were piloted by people following God's will.

Irrational people used to have rocks. Today they have jets and explosives. Tomorrow they'll have countries and nukes. It's time to stop coddling theism.

Also, I'm still pissed that Santa isn't real.

Because the two planes that flew into the Twin Towers were piloted by people following God's will.

Irrational people used to have rocks. Today they have jets and explosives. Tomorrow they'll have countries and nukes. It's time to stop coddling theism.

isn't his name "Mohamed"? is he related to God?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN SANTA ISN'T REAL?????:rolleyes: I have proof he's real.
He crawled into bed with me last Christmas eve and told me to be a good little girl again this year. I seem to please him - he keeps coming back.

I hear what your saying. There is no doubt people can take anything to the extreme. It is a scary time for sure.

I hear what your saying. There is no doubt people can take anything to the extreme. It is a scary time for sure.

It's not "extreme". This IS theism. This is theism without the de-fanging constraint of secualrism. It's Judeo-Christian morality in the 14th century. Irrationality is deadly in the hands of the extreme because the moderates shore it up. The problem isn't a few bad apples. It's the overriding philosophy that religious faith is some sort of virtue.

It's not "extreme". This IS theism. This is theism without the de-fanging constraint of secualrism. It's Judeo-Christian morality in the 14th century. Irrationality is deadly in the hands of the extreme because the moderates shore it up. The problem isn't a few bad apples. It's the overriding philosophy that religious faith is some sort of virtue.

Ok. I'll go tell the knitting group that is making baby blankets for the local hospital at church that they are just irrational extremists. Better tell the group that is fundraising to feed the kids who don't have food over the weekend when not in school to knock off that crap. Coat drive to clothe those that would have no warm cloths extreme.

Ok. I'll go tell the knitting group that is making baby blankets for the local hospital at church that they are just irrational extremists. Better tell the group that is fundraising to feed the kids who don't have food over the weekend when not in school to knock off that crap. Coat drive to clothe those that would have no warm cloths extreme.

You're not listening. These are the theists who have been de-fanged by secularism. They are the moderates that shore up the irrational faiths that give cover to the extremists.

Altruism isn't a religious affectation. It's Darwinian.

Thirty plus pages and no proof to back up the claims that a god exits. I'll be back later to continue winning this argument...

Are they decorating the blankets with ancient capital-punishment devices?

I do believe in some of the buddhist practices, but it isn't realy a religion that believes in some "god". I absolutely am an atheist, the idea of some magical god is ridiculous to me

I'm curious to know what Buddhist practices an atheist follows. Care to share?

You know I am very upset by these things myself. I explained this somewhere probably better but God created us to have a perfect world in the garden. He however didn't make us robots making us bow and adore him. He loved us enough to give us free will and because of that bad things entered the world when bad choices were made. I struggles with this myself because of abuse I suffered as a child and my seemingly unanswered prayers at the time. Unfortunatley there are consequences to the bad choices. I wish I had answers to every wrong suffered but i don't. I don't know his entire plan. I just try to work each day to help and make life better for as many people as I can. If we all did this it would be amazing. Whether you choose to believe in him or not.

So you live in America, had some issues, and you are comparing that to all the starving children? Wow...gods WILL? Well he is an asshole then. By the way, he doesn't exist, and if believing in some fairytale makes all the world's problems okay, because of his "mysterious ways", that is seriously fucked up.

I'm curious to know what Buddhist practices an atheist follows. Care to share?

Really, or are you being mean?

I beieve in being kind and compassionate, realizing there are others feeling t.
The way I feel\have felt.

Oh....and not because I'm afraid of a devil, or trying to win the favor of a god, but because it is the right thing to do.

Really, or are you being mean?

I beieve in being kind and compassionate, realizing there are others feeling t.
The way I feel\have felt.

Oh....and not because I'm afraid of a devil, or trying to win the favor of a god, but because it is the right thing to do.

When have I ever been mean to anyone on this board who isn't a flaming ass hole?

I thought you practiced Buddhist meditation.

When have I ever been mean to anyone on this board who isn't a flaming ass hole?

I thought you practiced Buddhist meditation.

Meditating isn't religious. I don't pray, I try to let things go.

And you have never been mean to me, but this place has a weird effect on some people.

Back