Writing Challenge: 50 Words -- With a Twist

Shotgun - pillow - life

It had been a shotgun wedding. They had gotten pregnant their very first time together. Now 30 years later, as he lay his head on the pillow in bed next to her, he realized how fortunate he was. She was the love of his life, no matter how it started.

Alaska - spin - brownie

Alaska - spin - brownie

Laura ate the brownie and her head began to spin and the stranger smiled. “Alaska can be a dangerous place for a young girl like yourself.” His grey whiskers moved into a smirk as his eyes dropped to her chest. His hand touched her knee and she fired the gun.

Miami - dive - mango

Miami - dive - mango
“You could dive.” She offered
“I hate diving” He dismissed.
“Miami has mangos, you like mangos” She grasped.
“I have mangos here.” He retorted.
“You haven’t tried anything new since we married!” She yelled.
“Lesson learned” He laughed.
“I need a boyfriend” she half joked.
“Hope he’s rich” He countered.
Moon - Spiral - Jet

That made me laugh!

Moon - Spiral - Jet

We walked slowly up the spiral staircase in the jet-black night. Clouds covered what light the moon had given when we started hours earlier. No one else had come out to the house at the end of the road, everyone said it was haunted. We were going to find out.

newspaper - synthesizer - skinny

Newspaper - synthesizer - skinny

He knew he would hate it as soon as he heard the synthesizer music playing. He was pretty sure he was the only man not wearing skinny jeans.

“See, isn’t this fun?” his girlfriend asked.

“I’d be having more fun sitting at home reading the newspaper! When can we leave?”

Mature - helmet - pillow

Mature - helmet - pillow

Kevin was a “mature man”, that phrase being only a euphemism for being 50+ . With his gray beard and the helmet with horns he looked every bit the Viking at his daughter’s friend Alexa’s Halloween party. Alexa’s head, laying on his pillow, though, made him feel much younger.

Nightingale – horse – shoe

Nightingale – horse – shoe

The nightingale sang as we rode along. I was holding tight to Ned on the horse his daddy gave him. My bare feet were cold. Afraid they'd make a noise, I had left a shoe under the bed and one on top of the note telling them we were eloping.

shopping - cactus - picture

shopping - cactus - picture
Picture standing alone in a featureless desert, an ocean of sand devoid of dunes or cactus. That’s where I begin, a blank slate. The first few steps are aimless, like window shopping. But as I walk the desert comes to life around me, feeding my soul, like the seasonal monsoons.
Wake - Frame - Rack

Wake- frame - rack

“All-aluminum frame for lightweight stability….rack system for the amplifiers….loud enough that it will wake the dead from a mile away.”

I was skeptical. “Do you think that’s a bit too much for my car?”

The salesman shook his head. “You’ll have the most badass audio system of any Ford Pinto!”

Crop - artificial - peaceful

Crop - artificial - peaceful

“The crop failed” Tom said into the phone, “The artificial pesticides and fertilizers have poisoned the soil.” He listened, then said “OK good bye.” He raised the gun and fired.
The scene was peaceful the next day when his wife found the farmer laying dead in a pool of blood.

saliva - blood - tears

saliva - blood - tears

Drip
The sound against the dead night bangs
Drip
Like saliva from the monster’s fangs
Drip
It taunts me with its haunting calls
Drip
I hear the blood falling off its claws
Drip
The sound grows louder pounding in my ears
Drip
The monster hunting me by my tears
Drip

Forest - snow - hair

Forest Snow Hair

The sky above was dark, snow clouds gathered and blocked the sunlight. The trees swayed in the wind the song of the wolves could be heard for miles and then a sharp shrill cry...her hair was bound in his fist as he took her violently in the dark forest...

Damp Traitor Island

Damp Traitor Island

In tight quarters we were forever crammed.
Satan’s pirates, tasked to collect the damned
Lost souls, traitors, we had all been banned
And a sail we set to make them understand.
Now the seas by fear we did command
Damp graves for those who against the cursed stand

Fruit - Plug - Porch

Fruit Plug Porch

Laying in the water she recalled her youth. Memories flooded her mind, a young woman sitting on her porch at sunset. Looking across the yard to the barn she could see her mother fucking the ranch hand while her father tended the fruit trees. She removed the plug and stood.

Grave Electric Fallow

Grave Electric Fallow

Anne made love as if she were plugged into an electrical outlet. She was insatiable or so it seemed. Except that I new what she wanted most was for my seed to fertilize her fallow soil. I hoped to be successful soon or her over-plowed soil would become my grave.

cloth - whispering - hiccups

Cloth Whispering Hiccups

Sounds of silence greeted him as he walked down the corridor, his heavy footsteps echoed off the walls. Slowly a door opened to the left and whispering could be heard as well as...hiccups? Stepping inside, he felt the cloth of his trousers stretch at the arousing sight before him...

Battle Yearn Cloud

Last edited:
Battle - Yearn - Cloud

Clouds covered the sun on the day of the femdom battles. The fighting was to take place center stage where the combatants now stood, dressed in leather battle armor, each yearning to prove her dominance. No blood would be shed, just lust and pride. The loser was whomever came first.

butterflies - tassles - flexing

Butterflies Tassles Flexing

His heart beat wildly in his chest as the butterflies fluttered in his belly. Watching in awe as the beautiful woman glided across the stage majestically, her muscles flexing as she gripped the pole and spun. She winked at him as she threw him her nipple tassles and danced away.

Furnace Driven Mountain

Last edited:
Furnace - driven - mountain

He was driven by desire, a furnace of heat burning in his heart. He had wanted her for years, but didn’t know the way to make it happen. But this time was different. This time he had prepared. He would climb this mountain!

“I’ll have a DOUBLE ice cream cone!”

Cheek - whiskey - relate

Cheek Whisky Relate

The wind howled across the moors as ran for her life. He tackled her to the ground she yelped and struck his cheek. The fire in his eyes grew and she could smell the whisky on his breath. Her virtue was gone and she could finally relate to her mother...

Scottish spelling of Whisky...we have no e...don't want to be arrested by the grammar police any time soon!

Shell Raven Strawberry

Last edited:
Quick Fix!

The wind howled across the moors as she ran for her life. Tackling her to the ground, she yelped and struck his cheek. The fire in his eyes grew and she could smell the whisky on his breath. Her virtue was gone and she could finally relate to her mother...

Scottish spelling of Whisky...we have no e...don't want to be arrested by the grammar police any time soon!

Shell Raven Strawberry

Shell Raven Strawberry

Shell - Raven - Strawberry

The bandshell became just a background as he watched the raven-haired beauty dancing and singing along to the music that summer night. Near the end he made sure to introduce himself.

On their first date, they had a picnic and strawberry wine and, a year later, he changed her name.

PAPERBAG - SIREN - CHEESE

Paperbag Siren Cheese

The sunlight shone down upon the still water as the young man sat on the shore. He took his bread and cheese from the paperbag as he waited.
The captivating song began and he quickly finished his meal.
The siren slowly rose out of the water and beckoned him forward...

Dragon Sinister Whip

Dragon - Sinister - Whip

The warrior queen squared off against the dragon with a whip in one hand and a shield in the other. The sinister look in the creatures eyes foretold of her fiery death. However, the queen had no need for prophecy, not when there was enchanted dragon's blood coating her weapons.

autumn - microphone - geology

Back