What made you who you are today ?

My parents who I now realize I was blessed to have. They were amazing, supportive, and helped me get through a time in my life that no teenager should have to cope with. Even when I don't believe in myself, they are still on the sidelines cheering me on. They've taught me the love of family and the importance in fighting for your family.

My ex. Even though I hate him for the many ways he abused me, I know now I was a victim. I'm not completely healed from our time together. I don't know that I ever will be. However each day forward is one away from my past. Our relationship made me a strong woman and realize that I shouldn't settle in life.

My grandparents. Married for almost 65 years, they taught me the meaning of true love. How they needed each other right till the very end is some thing I will never forget.

Those are the top three things that I credit for making me the strong willed, independent, kind hearted, compassionate woman I am today. Even though I have my horrible, moody, bitchy, bratty moments, I know my core is good because of the above.

My parents who I now realize I was blessed to have. They were amazing, supportive, and helped me get through a time in my life that no teenager should have to cope with. Even when I don't believe in myself, they are still on the sidelines cheering me on. They've taught me the love of family and the importance in fighting for your family.

My ex. Even though I hate him for the many ways he abused me, I know now I was a victim. I'm not completely healed from our time together. I don't know that I ever will be. However each day forward is one away from my past. Our relationship made me a strong woman and realize that I shouldn't settle in life.

My grandparents. Married for almost 65 years, they taught me the meaning of true love. How they needed each other right till the very end is some thing I will never forget.

Those are the top three things that I credit for making me the strong willed, independent, kind hearted, compassionate woman I am today. Even though I have my horrible, moody, bitchy, bratty moments, I know my core is good because of the above.

Yeah, I know for a fact you're as golden as they come, Lex. :rose:

Whiskey and God
Not enough of one
~too much of the other
(not really, but i always wanted to say that)
The truth is i've been fucked from the womb. No blame required.

Unimaginable inherited wealth and a healthy contempt for my fellow man. Plus intimidating personal beauty and vast tracts of land.

Unimaginable inherited wealth and a healthy contempt for my fellow man. Plus intimidating personal beauty and vast tracts of land.
The singular best answer I've heard thus far.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall, listening to you and your shrink.

I usually (hokay, always) just post to crack jokes. I have no jokes here. Yours has been a difficult road. I can't imagine it, nor can many Litsters. Saying "hang in there" would be trite, but I don't know what else to tell you.

Thank you, Munky. Just having this place helps me. I like to blow off steam and chat with people and make new friends, even if it is just cyber.

The singular best answer I've heard thus far.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall, listening to you and your shrink.

Thank you, but I am far too well adjusted to require a shrink. If I need to talk I hire a friend.

can you adopt me?
Not until you learn to capitalize, young lady. In a family like mine you must learn to value capital.

I'm a good girl, I've never needed a lawyer before. :D

Dear Lord. SO much to learn.

But I must stop hijacking the thread - apologies for taking up so much space in a lovely and often heartfelt series of responses. Sorry, Elli, but I don't think anyone else is interested in our legal affairs. If only Lit had some sort of private messaging system one could use to continue a discussion without disturbing others...

Dear Lord. SO much to learn.

But I must stop hijacking the thread - apologies for taking up so much space in a lovely and often heartfelt series of responses. Sorry, Elli, but I don't think anyone else is interested in our legal affairs. If only Lit had some sort of private messaging system one could use to continue a discussion without disturbing others...

pfff, you know where my box is :rolleyes:

My parents. My father for his work ethic. My mother for her love of education.

I had lost my Mother when I was a child. My Dad found his escape in Alcohol, leaving me with a twin sis and a younger bro to fend for ourselves. I had learned to be independent from a young age and not to expect anything but abuse from a stoned father figure.

My sis ran away from home after finishing school, leaving me to take care of a sibling who still had a college to look up to. Then my Dad died because of alcoholism. My sister didn't even come to his funeral, and I really hate her for that.

Even today, all she gets out of me is a monosyllabic answer on the phone.

I took up a shitty job, did overtimes and got into smoking and alcohol to get rid of the pain. My brother's dream to become a doc was the only thing that kept me from chugging down the bottle of sleeping pills.

Things got better after my brother earned a full scholarship. I left that work, dumped that apartment and moved away to a new place. I got a new job and found an amazing guy who respected me for the person I am.

I learned to be independent and stand on my own feet. I learned not take abuse from anyone in my life. I had suffered enough to have the patience for another. Sure, my life might not be an ideal case of everything nice, but I wouldn't be the person I'm today if not for those very events.

I had lost my Mother when I was a child. My Dad found his escape in Alcohol, leaving me with a twin sis and a younger bro to fend for ourselves. I had learned to be independent from a young age and not to expect anything but abuse from a stoned father figure.

My sis ran away from home after finishing school, leaving me to take care of a sibling who still had a college to look up to. Then my Dad died because of alcoholism. My sister didn't even come to his funeral, and I really hate her for that.

Even today, all she gets out of me is a monosyllabic answer on the phone.

I took up a shitty job, did overtimes and got into smoking and alcohol to get rid of the pain. My brother's dream to become a doc was the only thing that kept me from chugging down the bottle of sleeping pills.

Things got better after my brother earned a full scholarship. I left that work, dumped that apartment and moved away to a new place. I got a new job and found an amazing guy who respected me for the person I am.

I learned to be independent and stand on my own feet. I learned not take abuse from anyone in my life. I had suffered enough to have the patience for another. Sure, my life might not be an ideal case of everything nice, but I wouldn't be the person I'm today if not for those very events.

Good for you !! Adversity does make
Us stronger...you do pay a price for that strength though ,
You lose a little of your inner happiness IMHO

My strict religious upbringing shaped me because my parents expected perfect marks throughout school & university. Not much of a social life until high school ended which sucked but I was an honor student every year. I feel I missed out on things but career wise it was a positive.
----------------------
My husband joining Lit. changed our sex lives and brought this prude out of her shell. I use to hate attention but am much better with it now most days. Work & sex don't really mix with me. I don't want to lose any respect I've gained, so everyone thinks I'm so straight it has become comical to me.
-------------------------
Getting stage 4 cancer and beating it this year has made me so much stronger mentally. Still working on the physical part. I disappeared off the boards from late Feb. till May. I appreciate things so much more but am very emotional and cry a lot with things I normally wouldn't. I cry while doing cardio sometimes which might sound weird.

Those 3 things have made me who I am and now I'm crying. :eek:

L:rose:

You are heroic Leigh...God bless you
:rose::heart:

Back