"Show me your papers" about to begin in Texas. How long will it last?

Conservatives think it’s a good thing for law enforcement to be able stop and question people under subjective suspicion, then presumably search and arrest them if they don’t provide the requested documents?

🤔

Conservatives think it’s a good thing for law enforcement to be able stop and question people under subjective suspicion, then presumably search and arrest them if they don’t provide the requested documents?

🤔
I kind of thought the 1st and 4th amendments were supposed to prevent that???

I kind of thought the 1st and 4th amendments were supposed to prevent that???

They want to rely on the second amendment when law enforcement asks them for unreasonable searches.

It’s hard for them to follow their own logic.

🤔
If you are brown person, then yes.

If you are brown person, then yes.

Since it becomes a precedent of a rights violation it can then be applied to whoever law enforcement decides to focus on.

If you give that sort of power to a sheriff don’t forget that sheriffs are elected officials. They could just as easily use this authority to go after suspected white supremacists.

Since it becomes a precedent of a rights violation it can then be applied to whoever law enforcement decides to focus on.

If you give that sort of power to a sheriff don’t forget that sheriffs are elected officials. They could just as easily use this authority to go after suspected white supremacists.
Of course.

But the members of Face Eating Leopard Party are absolutely sure that the leopards won't eat their faces.

People must show identification documents when voting, this is not onerous.
People must show identification documents when walking in public, this is not onerous.
People must not show identification documents when carrying firearms in public this is AGAINST MY RIGHTS!

They want to rely on the second amendment when law enforcement asks them for unreasonable searches.

It’s hard for them to follow their own logic.
I'd highly advise against using the second, but then again "Darwinism"...

While you doinks are stroking each other off, the 'law' is back on hold.

https://www.nbcnews.com › politics › immigration › appeals-court-blocks-texas-immigration-law-supreme-court-action-rcna144193

Appeals court blocks Texas immigration law after Supreme Court action

Today A three-judge panel of the New Orleans-based 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals split 2-1 in saying in a brief order that the measure, known as Senate Bill 4, should be blocked. The same court is ...

https://www.texastribune.org › 2024 › 03 › 19 › texas-sb-4-illegal-immigration

Texas' new immigration law is blocked again | The Texas Tribune

1 day agoHours after the U.S. Supreme Court had allowed Senate Bill 4 to go into effect, a federal appeals court let an earlier injunction stand. SB 4 lets Texas police arrest people suspected of illegally ...

Back