One interesting thing about yourself

Now you've got me thinking of Yogi Bear running around with a boner. LOL
I could actually claim that as my personal entry to the thread's object - which I've shamelessly concurred to hijack - except I don't really own it so it would be cheating

I had clients who were furries, and we were so disappointed when they showed up at the office without their fur.
I was given the CV for someone once, and instead of a picture of themselves (which is already gauche in the UK tech scene) they'd put a photo of their buff, equine fursona.

i get it. Really, I do. Everyone's on a continuum. I don't judge, much...

But I nearly died. I was struggling to breathe for so, so long. Wow. Talk about not reading the room.

I was given the CV for someone once, and instead of a picture of themselves (which is already gauche in the UK tech scene) they'd put a photo of their buff, equine fursona.

i get it. Really, I do. Everyone's on a continuum. I don't judge, much...

But I nearly died. I was struggling to breathe for so, so long. Wow. Talk about not reading the room.
It was hard to keep a straight face when I was dealing with that guy, too. Since I'd seen pictures of him online dressed as a teddy bear.

Some friends and I once accidentally rode into a Ku Klux Klan gathering late one night on a dead-end dirt road. We did a quick moonshiner's turn and sped away, leaving a bunch of hooded idiots wondering, "Who the hell was that?"

I did some candy striping.

That is so cool, Em. I'm certain that striper-type programs took a big hit with the recent pandemic as hospitals locked-down and risk sky-rocketed, possibly even disbanded entirely. I have encountered none in my recent stays.

During summers between university terms, I would work in a resort town on Cape Cod. One of my jobs was clerking in a grocery store. I had filled two bags of groceries for a gent and delivered them to his car. He gave me a dollar tip (grocery bill was maybe 10 or 12 dollars, so very generous.)

When I got back two of the older workers were grinning to beat the band.

'He give you a tip?'

'Yeah, a nice one.'

'A dollar?'

'Yep.'

'You see the signatures on that thing?'

I squinted and read out two names on either side of George Washington's face: the Secretary of the Treasury and the Treasurer of the US.

'You just met the first one in the flesh, he's the Secretary of the Treasury. He likes to hand out autographs.'

That fellow always got good service from me the rest of the summer.

During summers between university terms, I would work in a resort town on Cape Cod. One of my jobs was clerking in a grocery store. I had filled two bags of groceries for a gent and delivered them to his car. He gave me a dollar tip (grocery bill was maybe 10 or 12 dollars, so very generous.)

When I got back two of the older workers were grinning to beat the band.

'He give you a tip?'

'Yeah, a nice one.'

'A dollar?'

'Yep.'

'You see the signatures on that thing?'

I squinted and read out two names on either side of George Washington's face: the Secretary of the Treasury and the Treasurer of the US.

'You just met the first one in the flesh, he's the Secretary of the Treasury. He likes to hand out autographs.'

That fellow always got good service from me the rest of the summer.
never had anything like that but a guy tried to give me a penny that had been crushed at a carnival lol sort of an invitation

Back