New Mexico county declares state of emergency over surge of illegal immigrants crossi

Yup. True.
That’s why congress needs to live down here.
They can find their own places to live.
They can supply their own transportation.
They can pay for their own security, and defend themselves.
And not on the taxpayer dime.
All the same things us peasants have.....nothing more, and nothing less.

Move the bastards to our backyard. Their homes and places of work in DC and in their states, are surrounded by walls, and armed guards.
Ours....are not.

You whine a lot.

So CBP has opened two new detention centers down in Texas. Tent cities as it were.

WTF??? $37 million for tents for 1000 people?

Probably stocked with food, wide screen TVs, and laptops. It probably has a big fully staffed Legal Rights (Human Trafficking) Center nearby sucking up 80% of that 37 million as well.

Probably stocked with food, wide screen TVs, and laptops. It probably has a big fully staffed Legal Rights (Human Trafficking) Center nearby sucking up 80% of that 37 million as well.

If you worked harder and smarter, you'd have those things too, vettebirther.

Run by highly efficient gov’t folks....like those that run other highly efficient gov’t facilities.

I wasn’t surprised at the price tag.

Last night the city council voted to spend the $250K anyway. The spokesman for the council said, "This is only a one time emergency spending measure." Right. As part of the package is an allocation for a full time city position for an "Immigrant Affairs Counselor." So why is a full time city position required for a "one time emergency spending measure"? I guess we're going to find out how stupid the voters are.

Meanwhile up in Santa Fe the council passed a resolution to direct donations to their "Community Funding" site. That particular site is dedicated to community needs for Santa Fe city and county, there is NO dedicated donation site. So much for the Hollywood crowd up there.

Last night the city council voted to spend the $250K anyway. The spokesman for the council said, "This is only a one time emergency spending measure." Right. As part of the package is an allocation for a full time city position for an "Immigrant Affairs Counselor." So why is a full time city position required for a "one time emergency spending measure"? I guess we're going to find out how stupid the voters are.

Meanwhile up in Santa Fe the council passed a resolution to direct donations to their "Community Funding" site. That particular site is dedicated to community needs for Santa Fe city and county, there is NO dedicated donation site. So much for the Hollywood crowd up there.

State and county officials have no business being involved in "Immigrant Affairs," that is strictly the purview of the federal government. My state wants to have its own immigration and foreign policy which is completely at odds with the Constitution. Our leader, Governor Newsome of Central America, needs to be arrested. :(

Ahhhhh!
A new worthless bureaucracy is born! :confused:
Hope they come up with a catchy alphabet name.....

Sheesh.....

Yup. True.
That’s why congress needs to live down here.
They can find their own places to live.
They can supply their own transportation.
They can pay for their own security, and defend themselves.
And not on the taxpayer dime.
All the same things us peasants have.....nothing more, and nothing less.

Move the bastards to our backyard. Their homes and places of work in DC and in their states, are surrounded by walls, and armed guards.
Ours....are not.
You seem displeased with your neighborhood. Maybe you should move.

Nope.
Just disgusted with the bunch of do-nothing politicians.

You should be familiar with do-nothing. It’s what you do......nothing.....past stupid-ass comments.

You seem displeased with your neighborhood. Maybe you should move.

State and county officials have no business being involved in "Immigrant Affairs," that is strictly the purview of the federal government. My state wants to have its own immigration and foreign policy which is completely at odds with the Constitution. Our leader, Governor Newsome of Central America, needs to be arrested. :(
California has had border checkpoints on all sides for decades.

For produce and plants, not people, it’s been a total failure too....CA has some of the worst pest and disease problems in the union.

Yeah the dumb fucks stand there for minimum wage and wave people through in automatic fashion. Might as well be robots with yellow and green lights, others aren't even manned.

Lot of money spent looking for illegal oranges, and contraband bananas.

Yeah the dumb fucks stand there for minimum wage and wave people through in automatic fashion. Might as well be robots with yellow and green lights, others aren't even manned.

Most of the time they don't bother to look.

If you are Joe Kenworth, and your BOL shows any type of produce.....they will actually look, although, not always.

Joe Schmo from Arizona or Utah....probably not. And yeah, they seldom look.....they just ask.

If you are Joe Kenworth, and your BOL shows any type of produce.....they will actually look, although, not always.

Joe Schmo from Arizona or Utah....probably not. And yeah, they seldom look.....they just ask.

I've driven across the California border dozens of times at different locations and have never been stopped or questioned.

I've driven across the California border dozens of times at different locations and have never been stopped or questioned.

I used to drive an 18 for a friend of mine on my days off to help him get his business going.

You had to stop, show them your BOL, and depending on what kind of produce it was, they may or may not inspect it.
We had to unload about 10,000 lbs of oranges one time, cause the bug inspectors didn't like them. Not because of bugs, but some were a little dry inside. (Happens when they freeze a bit on the tree.)

In a pickup or car.....and I had AZ plates by the way, I'd guess about 1 out of 10 times they would ask if we had any produce on board.

Law of averages.

The most recent court decision, from the 9th of all places, is gong to be a game changer. We don't have to let any of them in at all. They can cool their heels in Mexico and Mexico isn't going to like that worth a shit.

Further, Tomatoes of all things are tied up in this ball of wax. It seems that the latest trade agreement allows us to levy an import duty on Mexican tomatoes, a $3 billion a year industry for them. So the Trump admin has some leverage there as well.

According to one CBP source even those that didn't request asylum are (were) being released into the interior for the simple reason that there was no more room to house them. They had overwhelmed the system. According to that source only 9% were actually requesting asylum. Which to my mind is an indication as to how well informed the cockroaches are with regard to our laws, policies, and predicament.

Back