NASCAR....How bad have you got it?

It has started over in Alabama. Ice Bowl for dirt tracks. Really big event at Talladega Short Track, January 7th thru the 10th. About 50 minutes from my where I live.

Click on Ice Bowl

http://www.talladegashorttrack.com/schdeule.html

Might end up being a mud bowl with as much rain as we have been getting around here.:(

NASCAR starts in February:)

Last edited:
It has started over in Alabama. Ice Bowl for dirt tracks. Really big event at Talladega Short Track, January 7th thru the 10th. About 50 minutes from my where I live.

Click on Ice Bowl

http://www.talladegashorttrack.com/schdeule.html

Might end up being a mud bowl with as much rain as we have been getting around here.:(

NASCAR starts in February:)
Thank You Sweetie.:rose:
I tend to lose track of time.

7 weeks and 3 days until the 500... Not that I'm counting or anything! :nana:

2016 Cup Schedule

Since we're jumping the season a bit here, I thought I'd post the 2016 Cup Schedule, thanks to Jayski. Some of the times have to be tweaked a bit, but the dates and tracks all seem to be there. No new tracks this year, and that waste of a good date in NH is still there. Worst track on the schedule, and they still get 2 dates, pissa..... At least Darlington is back to Labor Day, where it belonged:

http://www.jayski.com/news/pages/story/_/page/2016-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-Schedule

Since we're jumping the season a bit here, I thought I'd post the 2016 Cup Schedule, thanks to Jayski. Some of the times have to be tweaked a bit, but the dates and tracks all seem to be there. No new tracks this year, and that waste of a good date in NH is still there. Worst track on the schedule, and they still get 2 dates, pissa..... At least Darlington is back to Labor Day, where it belonged:

http://www.jayski.com/news/pages/story/_/page/2016-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-Schedule

My fault fishy! :heart:

I miss you keeping me up to date :)

7 weeks from today!

Boogity Boogity Boogity

I only get to see the odd race due to the support work that can pop up on weekends.
But I only have basic DISH so once the first part of season is done
& they shift off the regular channels I can't always access the races. :rolleyes:
So I try & watch the thread to see what happened & who is messing with who.
Fishy & Slinger will usually comment on anything major so I am up on something or what to look up.

I only get to see the odd race due to the support work that can pop up on weekends.
But I only have basic DISH so once the first part of season is done
& they shift off the regular channels I can't always access the races. :rolleyes:
So I try & watch the thread to see what happened & who is messing with who.
Fishy & Slinger will usually comment on anything major so I am up on something or what to look up.

Those two are even more dedicated than me!!

Looks like we are going to go to Cali Speedway again this year. Love that track!!!

Those two are even more dedicated than me!!

Looks like we are going to go to Cali Speedway again this year. Love that track!!!

Girl keep me up to date on anything wild that happens!
Don't have any one special driver I just am amazed at the soap operaness of it all.

A Jeff Gordon fan here, will now be rooting for Chase Elliot.

Chase is one lucky, young driver, to be taking over Jeff's #24. He's going to get the same cars that Jeff got, capable of running up front on any given weekend. He's also getting Jeff's crew chief for the past 5 years, Alan Gustafson. He has 20 Cup wins, 11 of them were with Jeff. Do I think Chase will win in 2016, not really. Unless he can help he crew set up his car like Jeff could, and the 48 team can, I don't see him taking the checkers in 2016. But that's just me, I'd be happy to eat my words, and see him win his 1st year.

NASCAR has never clicked for me. I've been to 2 races - one at Dover International and one at MIS. Meh.

Not
A
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

I have NO use for "the sport" at all...

So you know jackshit about it.

imagine driving a car in Talladega. Well not you, cause like me you don't have the balls to do it.. but just imagine.

You are in a car in among 42 other cars all in a space about the size of a football field. You can sometimes be 5 wide. You're travelling at speeds of over 200 mph. In each corner, and there are 4, you pull 2.5 Gs. You're being buffeted by all the wind, cars inches from you, some bump drafting you by banging into your car from behind. You absolutely cannot make a mistake or risk taking out other cars, and causing grievous injury or death.

The banking on the corners is around 33 degrees, which is difficult to even walk up. You are on such an aerodynamic edge, that if someone could run along side your car, they you spin you out just by pushing the fender.

You race around for 500 miles, praying for the Big One to never happen. Typically, it happens once a race.

These men and women are athletes, and this more a sport than many. Anyone that thinks different after being educated about the realness of it, is just an idiot. Say you don't like it, say it's boring to you...that's fine.. but not a sport is just ridiculous.

Talladegas top 15 wrecks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJ8gIZMa2g

NASCAR has never clicked for me. I've been to 2 races - one at Dover International and one at MIS. Meh.

Those are two of the most boring races in Nascar... Go to the night race at Bristol.. or even the spring race. That'll change your entire perception. I promise.

The Fantasy team needs a new mod

Your welcome Starry :kiss:

So, we're going to need someone new to step up, and start the Yahoo fantasy game this year. Scott just doesn't have the time, and has given it up. Once you start it, and get people signed up, there isn't a lot more to do. Plus, there are probably 10 or more people on last years team that you could recruit, saving a bunch of time. Anyone up for it ?????

20 minute caution?

As if there weren't enough "debris" cautions now they're going to throw a caution in the Truck Series if the racing goes 20 minutes. I think they're trying it in Trucks and will move it to Cup in a year or so. I'll be spending my money at the local short tracks from now on....

Back