NASCAR....How bad have you got it?

That's my boy!!!!

Way to go HARVICK!!! OMG what a race!!

Yeah...it was quite intense..

I didn't think much of harvicks pussy push on Kes recently...but I have to admit, I thought he was as deserving of the championship as anyone. Logano too. I like Newman and it was cool seeing him give it his all, but not even winning a race is a black spot on the new format IMO.

No JJ and no toyoto tho. Always a good thang!!

Yeah...it was quite intense..

I didn't think much of harvicks pussy push on Kes recently...but I have to admit, I thought he was as deserving of the championship as anyone. Logano too. I like Newman and it was cool seeing him give it his all, but not even winning a race is a black spot on the new format IMO.

No JJ and no toyoto tho. Always a good thang!!

Harvick IS a pussy!

Maybe you should offer to fly halfway to him to kick his ass. That'd show 'im!

I stopped caring about NASCAR when they implemented their 1971 rule change on "aero cars".
Worse was when the ruled against progress in 1964 against the 427 SOHC Ford FE enngine, they not only set racing back but set up the disaster that was the American Automotive Industry through the 70's and 80's.

Last edited:
I kind of liked those "winged birds" from the 70's, even though we never got to see live racing back then. Just think of all the good racing at Dega and Bristol that you guys missed over the years !!! I think any of the 4 "finalists" on Sunday would have been good Champions, and represented NASCAR well.

http://www.stockmopar.com/plymouth-superbird.html

Worse was when the ruled against progress in 1964 against the 427 SOHC Ford FE enngine, they not only set racing back but set up the disaster that was the American Automotive Industry through the 70's and 80's.

Has anyone else seen the video of the new tracking system NASCAR will implement? It uses cameras to watch the pit lane and if someone has an infraction (out of the box, crosses a box, etc) it flags the content so a person can review in case there are extenuating circumstances.

This isn't the video I saw but it gives an overview of what will take place. Take note at the end of the video about the comment regarding lug nuts. Sorry for the *&#! commercial at the beginning:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2015-01-15/nascar-officiating-new-system-video-pit-stops-violations-pit-crews-penalties

As always, what happens when, not if, the system goes down? Will there be officials ready to jump back into the pits until the system comes back up?

Oh Yah !!

Considering we just got 30 plus inch's of snow a day and a half ago, I'm kind of surprised I saw anything related to Nascar. Why, oh why, didn't I move to Florida when I had the chance. I'm not sure that I'll be liking the new method Nascar has unveiled, replacing the officials on pit road, with camera's. I'm sure a bunch of fans will leave the sport. Nascar will find a way to bring in more fans, they usually do. Is it really only 26 days to The 500, yeehaaaaa :D

Hey Fishy...you all ready for the new season??? :rose:

Considering we just got 30 plus inch's of snow a day and a half ago, I'm kind of surprised I saw anything related to Nascar. Why, oh why, didn't I move to Florida when I had the chance. I'm not sure that I'll be liking the new method Nascar has unveiled, replacing the officials on pit road, with camera's. I'm sure a bunch of fans will leave the sport. Nascar will find a way to bring in more fans, they usually do. Is it really only 26 days to The 500, yeehaaaaa :D

Come on down!
We still have space for more people.
Although we were the same temps as Seattle the other day.
That's just wrong on so many levels! :eek:

Debating who I'll pull for this year with Edwards going to Gibbs. Do I stay a Roush fan and pull for a mediocre Biffle or make the switch and pull for my fellow Michigander Kesolowski? Decisions, decisions.

Not sure about 2015, but I'm betting in '16 Hendricks replaces Gordon with Chase Elliott - I hope the kid does well.

It was announced today that Chase will take over the 24 when Gordon leaves at the end of this season.

That's a helluva coup for Hendrick... I think Chase will be very successful and I'll continue to root for him tho I don't care much for hendrick..

I had to toss my Carl Edwards hat in the garbage... I don't blame him for leaving,but no way i ever root for a toyoto.

I know he's not all that popular, but I like Bucky Keselowski.. hope for better things this year from him.

It was announced today that Chase will take over the 24 when Gordon leaves at the end of this season.

As a long time Gordon fan, I'm very excited Chase is going to the #24. As I thought he would. I've been following Chase the past couple of season and not only is he going to be a great driver, but he's got a good head on his shoulders.

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity! Let's go racing boys!!!

Loved the opening ceremonies today. Love that Gordon had his kiddos with him.

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity! Let's go racing boys!!!

Loved the opening ceremonies today. Love that Gordon had his kiddos with him.

LOVE those Thunder Birds... :rose:
and having a real eagle as part of the opening fly over was awesome!

LOVE those Thunder Birds... :rose:
and having a real eagle as part of the opening fly over was awesome!

NASCAR just knows how to do it!!

34 to go!! Waiting on the big one.

I love DW. He gets so excited. He's not a boring commentator like in so many other sports. You can feel his emotion.

Last edited:
Back