πŸ†β€οΈβ€πŸ©ΉπŸ† Dicknations for Sassy! Updates & Get Well Wang πŸ†β€οΈβ€πŸ©ΉπŸ†

Everything went good today. The first step is he wants me to have new scans to make sure it has not spread anywhere. Then if I decide that I want to do it it'll take a couple weeks to get everything going and then get new tattoos and get ready. I will probably have about 6 weeks of radiation.

He said because I had it in my lymph nodes or at least some of them he thinks that if I am willing to fight and go through it that it could be worth it. I will have side effects and it is definitely different than what I went through with the breast cancer I will have to take a chemo pill while I do this radiation.

I got to try on some wigs today. This hospital has a free service where if you're getting treatment then you can take a wig for free. So I got one that's a little later than I wanted I'm not sure if I'm going to end up keeping it it's kind of a reddish color. My daughter really wanted brown. But it's kind of the style that I wanted maybe just a hair longer. I might also bring my daughter with me and look through them again because she said if I didn't like that one that I could always bring it back and get a different one.

So scans then decide if I think I can handle it.
I'm in a lot of pain. So I'm eating lunch and taking a nap.

❀️❀️❀️

Last edited:
Oh, Sassy I’m so sorry that the pain continues to be kicking your arse.

I hope you can make a decision about more treatment that is right for you, and how you want to live.

The wig sounds like a bit of fun though, to see yourself in a way you haven’t in a good while. I wonder if you can dye them like real hair and extensions?!

Everything went good today. The first step is he wants me to have new scans to make sure it has not spread anywhere. Then if I decide that I want to do it it'll take a couple weeks to get everything going and then get new tattoos and get ready. I will probably have about 6 weeks of radiation.

He said because I had it in my lymph nodes or at least some of them he thinks that if I am willing to fight and go through it that it could be worth it. I will have side effects and it is definitely different than what I went through with the breast cancer I will have to take a chemo pill while I do this radiation.

I got to try on some wigs today. This hospital has a free service where if you're getting treatment then you can take a wig for free. So I got one that's a little later than I wanted I'm not sure if I'm going to end up keeping it it's kind of a reddish color. My daughter really wanted brown. But it's kind of the style that I wanted maybe just a hair longer. I might also bring my daughter with me and look through them again because she said if I didn't like that one that I could always bring it back and get a different one.

❀️❀️❀️
Love love love to you, Sassy!:heart:

Oh, Sassy I’m so sorry that the pain continues to be kicking your arse.

I hope you can make a decision about more treatment that is right for you, and how you want to live.

The wig sounds like a bit of fun though, to see yourself in a way you haven’t in a good while. I wonder if you can dye them like real hair and extensions?!
Thank you. 🌹
Technically no. No dying because it's synthetic. She also said to be very careful with heat styling.
But my daughter wants to go back with me and help me look some more.
And yes. It was weird seeing that much hair on me. I got it cut short when i started chemo to kind of prepare myself.

Last edited:
So sorry about the sustained pain, Sassy. That kind of thing is just so wearing.

Great news on the appointment, and the wigs sound like a ton of fun! Nice, too, that you can shop and swap. Gives you time to find exactly what you want for the end of summer wedding. πŸ’

So sorry about the sustained pain, Sassy. That kind of thing is just so wearing.

Great news on the appointment, and the wigs sound like a ton of fun! Nice, too, that you can shop and swap. Gives you time to find exactly what you want for the end of summer wedding. πŸ’
Yeah. With my coloring, I've always looked good with reds and as soon as I put it on. The lady said she loved that one on me. But I'll show my daughter it tomorrow and will get real honesty. I love taking her shopping. She won't lie. πŸ˜›

Yeah. With my coloring, I've always looked good with reds and as soon as I put it on. The lady said she loved that one on me. But I'll show my daughter it tomorrow and will get real honesty. I love taking her shopping. She won't lie. πŸ˜›
Daughters and best friends. :p

❀️❀️❀️
Thanks for the update Sassy
Get your well deserved rest
If there’s one woman on Lit that knows how to fight
It’s you
Hugs

Hi Sassy, I’m just reading up on your journey. You’re putting up one hell of a fight, my dear. All the misery and pain you’re having to endure. I think the wig is a great idea, and taking your daughter along to help you pick one out. Although if YOU like the red one, get the red one.
Much love to you, Sassy.

❀️❀️❀️
Sorry you are going through so much pain. I hope that the scans are good. :heart: :rose:

@SassySheDevil I’m so sorry that you’re still in so much pain, especially since the meds themselves can be awful. I’m glad to hear that you’re catching up on sleep and letting other people help you though! The best thing you can do for your loved ones is put all your energy into resting and healing and try not to focus on the stuff that doesn’t matter or you can’t control.

Looking forward to your daughter’s wedding and trying on wigs sound like fun though! I’m looking forward to pictures 😍

Thanks for the update Sassy
Get your well deserved rest
If there’s one woman on Lit that knows how to fight
It’s you
Hugs
Sometimes it is hard. When I feel no relief. It's hard. When I see no improvements. It is hard. But I'm trying like hell. I had my grandson yesterday and if there ever was a reminder as to why. He's a big one.
Hi Sassy, I’m just reading up on your journey. You’re putting up one hell of a fight, my dear. All the misery and pain you’re having to endure. I think the wig is a great idea, and taking your daughter along to help you pick one out. Although if YOU like the red one, get the red one.
Much love to you, Sassy.
I've found a couple that don't look bad. It's just weird seeing me with hair again. Now that I'm not adding color to it. It is going grey. :cry:
Sorry you are going through so much pain. I hope that the scans are good. :heart: :rose:
Thank you. I have to call tomorrow to set them up now that the referral went through.
T@SassySheDevil I’m so sorry that you’re still in so much pain, especially since the meds themselves can be awful. I’m glad to hear that you’re catching up on sleep and letting other people help you though! The best thing you can do for your loved ones is put all your energy into resting and healing and try not to focus on the stuff that doesn’t matter or you can’t control.

Looking forward to your daughter’s wedding and trying on wigs sound like fun though! I’m looking forward to pictures 😍
I sat in the middle of a parking lot today crying. It was one of the first days I'd been out to do some normal shopping. But I have to plan those trips, so I don't take my pain meds. My life has turned into planning everything, but also never knowing when I'm going to feel good enough to do things. I'm becoming an expert at hiding my pain.
Thanks, most are saying keep it this way daughter says grow it back, and wife said divorce time. Lol. She's gone to get sunscreen this evening
I think it looks great.!!

Since life is being unfair and lessening your hair, in honor of you kicking cancers butt. I've shaved mine, and no not my butt or cancers, just my head.
If there ever was something else to make me cry. That was it. 😭 You are such a sweetheart. I truly appreciate that. My kids all dyed their hair (little strands) for me. I told my son not to shave his hair. He has perfectly thick beautiful hair.
Thank you CC. That really means a lot to me. :heart:

If there ever was something else to make me cry. That was it. 😭 You are such a sweetheart. I truly appreciate that. My kids all dyed their hair (little strands) for me. I told my son not to shave his hair. He has perfectly thick beautiful hair.
Thank you CC. That really means a lot to me. :heart:
You're always welcomed Sassy. πŸ«‚πŸ˜˜πŸŒΉ

I have been incredibly emotional lately. I find myself hiding more when I am. I've noticed a lot more change in how friends treat me. They hold back from telling me their shit because they don't want to add to my plate. Yet all I want is to feel normal. I saw this same change with the breast cancer too. It just happened sooner. It's like I am the disease. They are afraid they will catch it.
I feel like I am in decline because I can't find relief. I'm worried about what these pains might be.
I will forever worry with every ache and pain I feel. But I hate depending on pain meds. I hate not being able to go out for simple things. Depending on my family for almost everything. I can't just jump in the car, put the top down and drive over the mountains and enjoy the beauty.

I just want a good cry fest. I just want a normal day once in a while.

Back