Your Ford Thread

2013 Mustang

2013-Ford-Mustang-Rear-Sequential-LEDs.jpg

Last edited:
i still have my ford ranger xlt that i use on occasions where my celica gt can't drive in (floods and hauling crap). best pickup known to man. i hate the mustang with passion though- they're loud, slow, bulky and the goons driving them are very bland douchebags. what's more silly are basic models that have been accessorized with racing stripes and spoilers that are suited for japanese cars. i can understand rich collectors desiring the classics, but i don't get why anybody would get any mustang model under 40yrs old.

1017552_404486189697464_862931443_n.jpg

Lousy movie, good car chase, bullshit outcome . . . hence the movie's title. :rolleyes:

The count refurbished one of those 'stangs...

:cool:

My buddy Doctor Bob, who is a life-long Ford guy (I like him anyway), bought one of the anniversary Bullitt 'Stangs when they came out. In his Usual Way, he got black. I reminded him of Henry's dictum, and he just smiled. Best part of that car is, it has almost not badges, so it's hard to tell which model it is.

My very first car was a rusted banana yellow 1970 Ford Maverick I bought for $200. Manual everything. It was like steering a boat. Sometimes I would see people in other cars watching me in amusement as I whipped my white-girl spaghetti arms around the wheel to turn the beast through an intersection.

My very first car was a rusted banana yellow 1970 Ford Maverick I bought for $200. Manual everything. It was like steering a boat. Sometimes I would see people in other cars watching me in amusement as I whipped my white-girl spaghetti arms around the wheel to turn the beast through an intersection.

Did you notice that I c&p'ed your food thread title and changed one letter?

Mom inherited her mother's '66 Country Squire wagon. What a fucking sled. It had a 352 engine better suited for anchoring boats. The steering and suspension were bad and the brakes were worse. Of course, I was a teenaged boy, so I only knew two throttle positions - idle and floored. I had that thing up to 90mph one night on a four-lane with painted median and hit the breaks, and swea-to-Sweet-Baby-Jeebus I needed all five lanes to keep that thing shiny side up. Good times.

Dad had a '73 Pinto which was a pretty good car, all in all. Of course, the master cylinder broke off one night. Seems it required two fastening screws and the assemblers had only installed one . . . . :eek:

I had an old Suburban when Junior was learning. He skeert the beejeebus out of me cutting corners in town. I had to tell him, drive straight for awhile into the intersection and then turn.

He learned stopping distances on his mother's car. Oops.

Rick.gif

Today I'll be spending another couple of hundred on my Ford XD.
The uni joints (now 20 yrs old!) really need to be replaced before I do the drive to Queensland.

When we moved to Melbourne in 1960, our next door neighbour had one of these:

ford-galaxie-fairlane-500-1959_MLB-F-2700173610_052012.jpg

It was a shock after the ancient wrecks running around in London.

The second car I ever owned (the first being a 1948 Oldsmobile straight 8 2 door sedan) was a 1959 Ford Fairlane 4 door. It looked much like the picture, except mine was brown and white. It was an ex-FBI police interceptor. It had a 352 big block with a four barrel holly and really tall gears. The damn thing wouldn't even spin a tire, but I buried the speedo past the 120 mph mark several times. Like many young, stupid kids I was going to fast down a winding road and wrapped it around a tree.

My third car was another 1959 Fairlane four door. It was bright yellow with a two speed Ford-O-Matic trans and a 312 with a two barrel carb. A nice cruiser. I left it at my oldman place when I got drafted. He sold it for $50.00 to buy beer.

0013-1959-ford-galaxie-2.jpg

Comshaw

Back