Your favorite TED-talks, podcasts, etc.?

It's hosted by Beth Presswood, Jenn Peeples and Tracie Harris, sometimes with guests.

They're also involved in the Atheist Experience TV-show. Youknowtheone, with Russel Glasser and Matt Dillahunty (Beth's husband). Also recommended.

Cool!

There are a bunch of skeptical podcasts I'd like to check out as well but I haven't had enough time. I tend to listen to comedy/storytelling podcasts.

Speaking of which, check out the Risk! show kinky folks.

Cool!

There are a bunch of skeptical podcasts I'd like to check out as well but I haven't had enough time. I tend to listen to comedy/storytelling podcasts.

Speaking of which, check out the Risk! show kinky folks.

Checking that one out right now.

Just finished watching this documentary about chemical communication in plants. Fortunately pretty pop sciency, not very woo.
What plants talk about.

Theres this awesome show called Caustic Soda on iTunes where a bunch of guys in the film industry talk about random gross or unpleasant topics and their effects on society. Its really interesting though the Explicit tag really is there for a reason.

There was one, I can't remember who hosted it, but it was about the correct way to tie shoes. A total eye opener, lol.

Not sure if it's on topic but I liked the Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham (creationist guy).

I love that talk too! His poor sister...

One of my favorite ted talks is the following:

http://www.ted.com/talks/jk_rowling_the_fringe_benefits_of_failure.html

Though the killing creativity talk always inspires me.

Man, she is good in the serious parts, and also so funny around them!

"This liberating discovery enables me to proceed without fearing I might inadvertently influence you to abandon promising careers in business, the law, or politics for the giddy delights of becoming a gay wizard."

Theres this awesome show called Caustic Soda on iTunes where a bunch of guys in the film industry talk about random gross or unpleasant topics and their effects on society. Its really interesting though the Explicit tag really is there for a reason.

Ohh have to find that! There goes my afternoon :D

There was one, I can't remember who hosted it, but it was about the correct way to tie shoes. A total eye opener, lol.

There you go: Terry Moore, how to tie your shoes.

That was a very interesting one. Let me respond with:

Mary Roach: 10 things you didn't know about orgasm.

It has... things about... pigs. Really. :eek:

Not sure if it's on topic but I liked the Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham (creationist guy).

Bill Nye!

Now I've tried in vain to find the Colbert Report clip where the global warming debate is done realistically. With a skeptic, supported by two others, and Bill Nye the science guy plus ninety seven scientists...

:heart:

Last edited:
Back