Your favorite TED-talks, podcasts, etc.?

Heyhey, let me add some more!

This week someone told me to check out our Minister of Foreign Affairs. I mean, boring, right? No!

This dude is... something else. He's a Dutch guy who speaks English beautifully, and has an interesting way of thinking about politics.

His TEDx talk was surprising and inspiring. He talks about his vision on Europe's future challenges - climate change, etc - by using, yes, Pirates of the Caribbean as a metaphor! It's a pretty damn great talk.

TEDx Frans Timmermans - Be Like Jack Sparrow: embrace your fears.

He did something like that again with a speech at another conference where he uses Game of Thrones to talk about European society.

Zeitgeist Frans Timmermans - Action This Day: Game of Thrones

Touchy subject... !

Here's something I listen when things don't go well. Buddhist podcast, but very atheist and very accessible. Also: Levine is awesome. Tattooed from head to toe. :heart:

On Loss - Noah Levine

Wow. This was so moving (*sniff*) and so very painfully appropriate for me today. Thank you. :rose:

And yes, he really is beautiful in every way. :)

Wow. This was so moving (*sniff*) and so very painfully appropriate for me today. Thank you. :rose:

And yes, he really is beautiful in every way. :)

Oh! I'm glad I posted that one now. I wondered if anyone could appreciate it, really. :eek: It's niche stuff.

He makes me wanna get tattooed ;)

Anyone like podcasts? I listen to Greg Fitzsimmons and also Marc Maron. I also like This American Life and Savage Love, but I haven't listened to them regularly in a while.

Oh! I'm glad I posted that one now. I wondered if anyone could appreciate it, really. :eek: It's niche stuff.

He makes me wanna get tattooed ;)

It was perfect. Really. Thank you for postin it. :rose:

I'm too indecisive to get a tattoo, but a warm afternoon, a nakedesque artsy friend, and a rainbow pack of sharpies sounds like way more than 50 shades of awesome. :D

Last edited:
Podcasts:

The Paranormal Podcast
Mysteries Abound
Comics Are Great!
Gendercast
New York City History: The Bowery Boys
Deeper Down the Rabbit Hole

...and everything put out by the New Books Network (64 freaking subjects, each with its own podcast).

I've been into iTunes U, also, and am wrapping up the lecture series "Science, Magic, and Religion". I've been chipping away at the oral history series by the Institute for Latino Studies also, I've got "North Korea Under Kim-Jong Un", and probably lots of gender/sexuality series that I haven't downloaded yet. :3

And I haven't heard of at least half the podcasts you guys have mentioned, gotta check those out! Thanks!

Back