Wow! They rejected my story, an essay, actually. What happened to freedom of speech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full circle from the initial response to the OP.

Duh. Way to act smart in a condescending tone. What's wrong with a voice of agreement? Only voices of dissention are allowed? What?

Though I am amused at how safebet ran with your response.

To the Op of the thread:

Shut up, and quit whining about the problems with democracy, or complaining about something you have no control over.

Also, I like how you blame market crashes on people who have nothing to do with forcefully floating businesses against the laws of a capitalist free market.

Not to mention, anger solves nothing.

Yoda (Lucas) once said: Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

So because you are scared, you've become angry, and all Republicans must suffer. Way to show the truth from fiction.

Either politcal party can be wrong, both can be wrong. Both are wrong most of the time. Accept it, move on, quit vomiting verbally or in literary form.

Only stupid people believe opinions as facts.

Duh. Way to act smart in a condescending tone. What's wrong with a voice of agreement? Only voices of dissention are allowed? What?

To the Op of the thread:

Shut up, and quit whining about the problems with democracy, or complaining about something you have no control over.

Also, I like how you blame market crashes on people who have nothing to do with forcefully floating businesses against the laws of a capitalist free market.

Not to mention, anger solves nothing.

Yoda (Lucas) once said: Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

So because you are scared, you've become angry, and all Republicans must suffer. Way to show the truth from fiction.

Either politcal party can be wrong, both can be wrong. Both are wrong most of the time. Accept it, move on, quit vomiting verbally or in literary form.

Only stupid people believe opinions as facts.

One day they'll be a reckoning and all those who have taken advantage of those who can't watch over themselves will be judged.

The only way that Mitt Romney will become our president is if he runs with Jeb Bush and Papa Bush fixes, yet, another election.

Capitalism is not stealing from the poor and the middleclass to give to the rich. Somewhere along the way, free enterprise and capitalism twisted to make those in power and so empowered not care about anyone but themselves.

It's time we all stood up against those who have ruined this country by making the 1% richer at the expense of the other 99%. For you to support a Republican ticket shows me how thick your skull really is.

Do us all a favor and bash your head against the wall. Maybe then, you'll have sense enough to see what an idiot you are.

One day they'll be a reckoning and all those who have taken advantage of those who can't watch over themselves will be judged.

They haven't been judged in two thousand plus years of human history. I'm glad you said it though, so that now it can happen. Also, this sounds a lot like ethnic cleansing.

The only way that Mitt Romney will become our president is if he runs with Jeb Bush and Papa Bush fixes, yet, another election.

It's time we all stood up against those who have ruined this country by making the 1% richer at the expense of the other 99%. For you to support a Republican ticket shows me how thick your skull really is.

You assume I give a shit about Republicans. In fact, all you have done is assume or slander. The validity of your arguments rely entirely on opinion.

You are saying that an individual could never be elected by the majority of the population. Like this could not happen because you know the minds of ever registered American voter.

Did you gain this information from a +/-4% poll cross-sectioned by a news organization sponsored by commercial interests?

Capitalism is not stealing from the poor and the middleclass to give to the rich.

No. Wrong. More assumptions. Capitalism is stealing. It's making more money in a free market system by getting other people to give theirs up. Taking something from someone else is the definition of stealing.

Poor people can always make more money, they just don't, that is why they are poor.

To be considered poor in the United States is to own a flatscreen TV and a cellphone. That really does sound like a tragedy. Oh the horror. Poor people can go to college for free. They get free housing. They get free food. They don't even have to get jobs.

They shouldn't be called poor, they should be called lazy or stupid.

The only entity that 'steals' in a way that could be considered theft from the middle-class, is the federal government. They call it taxing. Republicans do this. Democrats do this. Government does this. The current government blames the other politicians who used to be in government. It has been this way since the 1800s. Read a book about history instead of one full of opinions of the awful Bush family. Then make some decisions for yourself, based on your own feeling.

Honestly, the middle class is not even the middle class. This argument you have is based purely on stereotypes.

It's obvious that you are simply agreeing with people who whine a lot.

Somewhere along the way, free enterprise and capitalism twisted to make those in power and so empowered not care about anyone but themselves

This happened right about the same time that Homo Sapiens became sentient and formed civilization. I would like you to show me an example of this not happening.

Stupid people always want more power because they do not know what genuine power is, because they are stupid. A smart person would have known that already.

This is not political, this is Human.

Do us all a favor and bash your head against the wall. Maybe then, you'll have sense enough to see what an idiot you are.

I don't expect you to understand, you are stupid, and are incapable of understanding. I'm just trying to help you realize that. You can be mean to me if you want. I expect you to, actually, because stupid people always attack things they could never understand. The only reason you don't understand, is because you do not want to.

You are too busy being angry.

Last edited:
I'm sure this has probably been covered by now, but maybe you should go read the First Amendment again. You seem to have a pretty poor grasp of what "freedom of speech" actually means.

I'm sure this has probably been covered by now, but maybe you should go read the First Amendment again. You seem to have a pretty poor grasp of what "freedom of speech" actually means.

For the record, the First Amendment makes no attempt, whatsoever, at defining what "freedom of speech" actually means. The amendment is cited below, in its entirety, for your convenience.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the rights of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

For the record, the First Amendment makes no attempt, whatsoever, at defining what "freedom of speech" actually means. The amendment is cited below, in its entirety, for your convenience.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the rights of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Stop confusing the tea baggers with facts, dude. It's cruel and makes their little pea brains explode.

Keep it up and YOU will have to clean up the mess.

Exactly. And note the word "Congress". The owners of a website can limit your speech anyway they want because it's their property. The First Amendment only applies to governmental bodies. Consider, come on my property and start getting all obnoxious about whether gay people have the right to marry. I maintain they do and if you disagree on my front porch, I'll be well within my rights to throw your body right over the fence.

Exactly. And note the word "Congress". The owners of a website can limit your speech anyway they want because it's their property. The First Amendment only applies to governmental bodies. Consider, come on my property and start getting all obnoxious about whether gay people have the right to marry. I maintain they do and if you disagree on my front porch, I'll be well within my rights to throw your body right over the fence.

The point of my story was not freedom of speech but what the Republicans have done to our country by raping the middleclass.

I thought I'd have more of a receptive and supportive audience, but few have even taken the time to read the story. Best you all bury your heads in the sand and vote for Romney instead of voting for the "Nigga", huh?

Not since Kennedy have we had a President that has tried to do as much for the people by reeling in the credit card bank fees, forcing banks to renegotiate mortgages, and giving affordable healthcare to all without stipulations of lapsing coverages.

How anyone who is not a millionaire/billionaire would vote Republican is beyond me.

Good idea, Lance, but I did that already with Cheney, Laura Bush, Mrs. Obama, and Ruth Ryan, Nolan Ryan's wife in one of the stories that I wrote under my SuperHeroRalph name.

I think this story, as unbelievable as it is, doesn't need any sex. There's enough scandal with Bush, Cheney, and Paulson stealing all of our money.
Yikes! Sex with a republican? Sounds horrible... not sure they even have sex.

:p

Touchy? The tone seemed pretty neutral...just an observation.

My point being that it has absolutely no bearing on a private website, so i'm not sure we actually disagree. There is no "freedom of speech" here, it's speech at the indulgence of the website owners.

I'm a big ol' lefty BTW.

Awesome. Thank you. A+ for both.

The point of my story was not freedom of speech but what the Republicans have done to our country by raping the middleclass.

I thought I'd have more of a receptive and supportive audience, but few have even taken the time to read the story. Best you all bury your heads in the sand and vote for Romney instead of voting for the "Nigga", huh?

Not since Kennedy have we had a President that has tried to do as much for the people by reeling in the credit card bank fees, forcing banks to renegotiate mortgages, and giving affordable healthcare to all without stipulations of lapsing coverages.

How anyone who is not a millionaire/billionaire would vote Republican is beyond me.

F+ for you. Seriously. You lose. You lose twice for assuming racism. Shows what is in your heart.

Touchy? The tone seemed pretty neutral...just an observation.

Ok?

Freedom of speech does not compel anyone to listen to that speech. You are free to speak and the world is free to ignore.

Damn, AH used to be so much more fun once. People calling out people for specific alts, politics all over the place... There is even criticism towards Laurel, and this time it's not even me who's expressing it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back