When is a story featuring a celebrity not a Celebrities story?

AchtungNight

Lech Master
I am thinking about posting a new story following up on my past work in the Celebrity category. I have a problem however.

I want to make two original characters my main focus. Celebrities will be cameo only. The basic plot is Male Original Character (OC) just got through a bitter divorce with an unnamed woman (How I Met Your Mother style identity, she’s offscreen and not in the story). He wants to resume dating but was mainly a Celebrity Casanova for years before his divorce. So he calls up various celebrities he’s dated before and finds out he can’t date them again. This one is married now, another left her husband but she already has someone else she’s dating, #3 was interested in romance way back when but she’s not interested now. Another is a victim of the Me Too Movement (our main character was not the villain who hurt her, but it’s still a good problem to address), so it’s not a good idea to approach her. Another is a negative influence. If you’ve guessed by now that this is a satire of my own experiences writing about dating celebrities in fiction, you are correct.

Eventually, the main character goes to a Female OC he dated before he was on the celebrity scene, who’s still a friend with occasional benefits for him for over 2 decades, and she gives him relief. They don’t get back together, but it’s enough for the moment. After their sex, she reminds him all the women he’s dated before have certain things in common. He just needs to find another woman with similar qualities and date her. Celebrity is optional, maybe by this point not preferable. Lol.

Bottom line- the male & female OCs are the focus of the story. They get the sex action. The celebrities are all just cameos addressed through phone and email conversations. They are promoted through attention to their lives and careers, sure, but they are not the focus. The main character eventually rejects them once he realizes he needs to move on from wanting to date women he can no longer have. This puts him at temporary uneasy peace. The Female OC then relieves the uneasiness.

In your expert opinion, writers, does this story belong in the Celebrity or Erotic Couplings, maybe Novels, category? I’m thinking of calling it “Mutatis Mutandis” if a title helps abbreviate. It is inspired by Greek tragedies. :) Only MF action, my main character isn’t into any kinks with their own category. I thought about doing phone sex with an old flame for celebrity action but it was funny to include technical difficulties preventing this and encourage readers to use their imaginations. Thus, motivated by his various resentments, the male OC goes to the female OC and gets his relief there.

Advice appreciated.

Edit- Never mind, story scrapped probably. Not flowing well. I write like Kesha, intense emotions fueling my work, kinda funny since I got COVID at one of her concerts a few years back. Crazy enough thinking about dating celebs in fiction vs real life women anyway, maybe I should try that more first? I'm going now. You can all ignore me. I will vent elsewhere. Still interested in your thoughts though, if you care to share them. Bye.

Last edited:
I think the whole point of a celebrity story is it features such celebs having sex.

No celebrity sex, no celebrity sex story..,maybe erotic couplings.

If you have a character meet Steve Harvey because they're on family feud, and the sex scene happens later with Steve Harvey not involved, that can go in any category you want.

It's only when Steve Harvey is a part of the sex either as a participant or a witness that you'd absolutely have to put it in Fan Fiction

My GM stories that include celebrities are still posted to Gay Male

If you have a character meet Steve Harvey because they're on family feud, and the sex scene happens later with Steve Harvey not involved, that can go in any category you want.

It's only when Steve Harvey is a part of the sex either as a participant or a witness that you'd absolutely have to put it in Fan Fiction
Always love a Steve Harvey reference...

Back