What's Crossing Your Mind? - Take III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that we barely had a spring, I was fatuously hoping for some cosmic balance to things, or at least that our climate issues meant that the seasons were just offset by a month or two. Instead we had snow on Halloween and freezing temps thereafter.
:-/

Unless the lightbulb is DC (direct current) instead of AC (alternating current) a bulb generally works or it does not.

If the bulb is dim or flickering it could be a bad bulb or bad wiring in the lamp.

Sorry to hear that you are so unexpectedly on your own.

It turned on last night, I just flicked the switch, and nothing is happening, so I’m not sure if it’s the bulb or something else. In my personal experience, bulbs fade, but this one is sudden. I remember my mum dealing with fuse problems, where she had to handle one, I don’t know which is happening now tbh. I’m having to learn DIY to fix a lot! I think it’s the bulb, as lights in other rooms are turning on

All wiring was replaced two summers ago

It turned on last night, I just flicked the switch, and nothing is happening, so I’m not sure if it’s the bulb or something else. In my personal experience, bulbs fade, but this one is sudden. I remember my mum dealing with fuse problems, where she had to handle one, I don’t know which is happening now tbh. I’m having to learn DIY to fix a lot! I think it’s the bulb, as lights in other rooms are turning on

All wiring was replaced two summers ago

I know bupkis about electrical. But I will send you another hug! 😂

Sounds like the bulb, or maybe the lamp.

If other lights are on in the room it is most likely not a fuse or a breaker.

Swap out the bulb; that is the easiest way to isolate the problem
:)

I can’t even have a sword in the house. My kid is special needs and I can’t even keep a pen from disappearing into his room! Not gonna try a sword, but oh it would be nice.

They do sell unsharpened swords, and there's always ones that are decorative only.
They don't have to be "battle ready" as most websites call them.
My first sword, before I was really into it, was a $50 fantasy looking thing.
No edge and even the tip is rounded.
I know we were just talking about how the fun of it is that it's a real weapon and really sharp, but there are alternatives, especially if you're just using it as a display item anyway.
They can come blunt with a "false edge" that looks real, but isn't exactly a weapon.

That might still be too dangerous to be around a special needs child, I have no idea, but it's something to consider just for looks.

They do sell unsharpened swords, and there's always ones that are decorative only.
They don't have to be "battle ready" as most websites call them.
My first sword, before I was really into it, was a $50 fantasy looking thing.
No edge and even the tip is rounded.
I know we were just talking about how the fun of it is that it's a real weapon and really sharp, but there are alternatives, especially if you're just using it as a display item anyway.
They can come blunt with a "false edge" that looks real, but isn't exactly a weapon.

That might still be too dangerous to be around a special needs child, I have no idea, but it's something to consider just for looks.

If I am gonna spend that kinda money on a sword it is gonna cut things. I do have my eye on some of those nifty throwing knives. I always wanted to learn how to use those. 😇

If I am gonna spend that kinda money on a sword it is gonna cut things. I do have my eye on some of those nifty throwing knives. I always wanted to learn how to use those. 😇

Are we thinking katana? Longsword? Claymore? Or something more like a rapier or a xiphos?

Blood, neurotransmitted pulses......fuck im bored 😭
Come on 5 o'clock

Oddly, I've never been into knives despite being into swords.
Maybe it's the fantasy medieval anime nerd in me, but I need a real sword. :devil:
That being said, the one sword I have is shorter than some knives.
It's the tanto of my 3-piece katana set, but that's a bit of a debate for at what point does a sword become a knife and vice-versa.
I count it as a sword despite it's length, since it's a side piece to the wakizashi.
It's similar in use to a main gauche in combination of a rapier.
Things constructed like swords, but are knife length.

Anyway, got side tracked.
Just hang your real sword high enough on the wall that your child cannot reach it?
That would be my solution if I were in your position.
That or only display your swords in a case, but that would be expensive.

I want to do that on day if I have real money.
A whole room of swords, some under glass like a museum or jewelry store. :D
Maybe if I ever have money for a REAL antique, I'd also get a display case.

But, yeah, you could probably find a locking display case to keep the sword out of your child's hands.

Likeable me, I just re-read your post and realized that I utterly failed at reading comprehension.
I saw "other lights" not "other rooms."

Find the breaker box, and if the fuse/breaker is NOT tripped, swap out a bulb from a working lamp.

Likeable me, I just re-read your post and realized that I utterly failed at reading comprehension.
I saw "other lights" not "other rooms."

Find the breaker box, and if the fuse/breaker is NOT tripped, swap out a bulb from a working lamp.

I think I know where that is, I will take a look at it in a few hours. It’s just after 5am and I keep waking people up! I didn’t realise how noisy certain tasks were, until doing them in the dead of night! I don’t have any bulbs that aren’t in use, there’s one in each bedroom, the kitchen and bathroom have a completely different type of bulb.

Thanks for the advice! :)

Surprise that I'm actually in a pretty good mood despite some shitty relationship developments. Not gonna let it get me down!

I rise from the ashes of near defeat every fucking time by the grace of god because no one else is in my corner. Thank you Jesus!

Wondering why I am standing in this corner with towel, bucket, water and a mouthpiece. Wait!!! “Lead! Your mouthpiece!!””

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back