What's Crossing Your Mind? - Take III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disowned them all so it’s just me and the kiddo. I don’t miss a single thing about those nightmare people. I only do anything for Xmas at all for my kids sake and that is small. Might tell him to get his gifts from his grands this year cuz I am sick of all that crap. The bad date rape music, fake cheer and faker holiday cards. And the flashing lights just give me a headache. Blah!
I don’t even drink on the holidays. Lol. I would work them if I could.

I’m always on call over the holidays. I have different reasons to not like the holidays but is what it is. I’m happy catching up on sleep.

I’m always on call over the holidays. I have different reasons to not like the holidays but is what it is. I’m happy catching up on sleep.

Glad to know I’m not the only one that hates all that crap.
Most folks don’t even know why they are celebrating. It’s just what they have always done. 🙄

Glad to know I’m not the only one that hates all that crap.
Most folks don’t even know why they are celebrating. It’s just what they have always done. 🙄

I tell peeps to save their money. I stopped buying gifts 20+ years ago. I’m looking for a place to take a trip too

I tell peeps to save their money. I stopped buying gifts 20+ years ago. I’m looking for a place to take a trip too

I recall you saying that. Places always raise their hotel, flight and ticket prices for holiday seasons. I would suggest you take it at another time.

What kinda blade is it? Length? Give up some specs man!

It's exactly this.
Although I added the sharpening service.

I've wanted a rapier for years to add to my collection, but haven't been able to afford a sword for years.
Finally saved up for one and this one caught my eye in my price range.

It's now my 12th sword, a lovely dozen. :D

I recall you saying that. Places always raise their hotel, flight and ticket prices for holiday seasons. I would suggest you take it at another time.

I have enough air miles and hotel points saved up that I won’t need to spend a penny. I need to get away before I go nuts.

It's amazing how well I know a certain body even though I've never been able to touch it.

So the pain has started hitting me as soon as I attempt to get out of bed, now :rolleyes: I’m having to learn ways to make changes to avoid hurting as much as I can

It really is impossible to describe when someone is chemically made for you. And to say the odds are astronomically low is an understatement.

Last edited:
Just remembered that this time last year I posted on social media, asking people advice on which stores they thought would do the best Black Friday deals on phones, as it was the only way I could afford a new one. Then, someone turned up at my workplace and surprised me by giving me their old iPhone for free.

As it’s an old model, it’s becoming increasingly incompatible with apps I need for work, so it’s time to start looking again. Except, this time I have the money, plus a big discount, and although it was amazing and I was so grateful for the free phone, this time I am proud to be doing it for myself :D

The possibilities for art and creation in my brain are so infinite and barely tapped. If only time allowed....

It's exactly this.
Although I added the sharpening service.

I've wanted a rapier for years to add to my collection, but haven't been able to afford a sword for years.
Finally saved up for one and this one caught my eye in my price range.

It's now my 12th sword, a lovely dozen. :D

Very cool! It’s so shinny! And yeah if you want them sharp you gotta pay extra or take it somewhere. What use is a dull blade... none!

I have enough air miles and hotel points saved up that I won’t need to spend a penny. I need to get away before I go nuts.

Well I hope you find someplace. I know how it feels to need to release and recharge. That’s why I have my spa days. I can’t get away but I can close out the world for a few hours and not think. The human brain needs that sometime.

Very cool! It’s so shinny! And yeah if you want them sharp you gotta pay extra or take it somewhere. What use is a dull blade... none!

Well that website offers the sharpening service, so I took it. :D

It's just as shiny irl, and plunges into things well. :D

You're right, there is no use for a dull blade.
Even if it's only a mediocre edge, I need an edge to my edged weapon.
Even if they are only for looking at and holding, I like my swords to have some sense of actual sword danger.

Still, I am well pleased with my purchase.
Time to start planning which one I want next!
And then save forever for it... -_-

Well that website offers the sharpening service, so I took it. :D

It's just as shiny irl, and plunges into things well. :D

You're right, there is no use for a dull blade.
Even if it's only a mediocre edge, I need an edge to my edged weapon.
Even if they are only for looking at and holding, I like my swords to have some sense of actual sword danger.

Still, I am well pleased with my purchase.
Time to start planning which one I want next!
And then save forever for it... -_-

I can’t even have a sword in the house. My kid is special needs and I can’t even keep a pen from disappearing into his room! Not gonna try a sword, but oh it would be nice.

It was a joy to be outside in shorts today
(And my winter coat, and gloves. But at least it is above freezing)

I really wish that we could have had a nice long Autumn.

It was a joy to be outside in shorts today
(And my winter coat, and gloves. But at least it is above freezing)

I really wish that we could have had a nice long Autumn.

You and me both. It’s my favorite season but it kinda got skipped this year. No bonfires, no hot apple cider by the bonfire. No time for Apple picking or pumpkin hunting. 😭

A light isn’t functioning in the other room - I think I have the wrong lightbulb (if that’s the problem) my mum knew so much, I wish she better prepared me for her sudden departure. I don’t know if she was as stubbornly independent as I am, but I tend to tackle everything myself

A light isn’t functioning in the other room - I think I have the wrong lightbulb (if that’s the problem) my mum knew so much, I wish she better prepared me for her sudden departure. I don’t know if she was as stubbornly independent as I am, but I tend to tackle everything myself

I have no choice but to. No one has ever helped me with shit in my life. Well as a adult. I am not a people person as a result. Why bother. Just know that she gave you enough and that feeling of lost is just you grieving her. Your smart enough to figure out the lightbulb issue. Lol just do it tomorrow when your not drinking.

You and me both. It’s my favorite season but it kinda got skipped this year. No bonfires, no hot apple cider by the bonfire. No time for Apple picking or pumpkin hunting. 😭

Considering that we barely had a spring, I was fatuously hoping for some cosmic balance to things, or at least that our climate issues meant that the seasons were just offset by a month or two. Instead we had snow on Halloween and freezing temps thereafter.
:-/

Unless the lightbulb is DC (direct current) instead of AC (alternating current) a bulb generally works or it does not.

If the bulb is dim or flickering it could be a bad bulb or bad wiring in the lamp.

Sorry to hear that you are so unexpectedly on your own.

I have no choice but to. No one has ever helped me with shit in my life. Well as a adult. I am not a people person as a result. Why bother. Just know that she gave you enough and that feeling of lost is just you grieving her. Your smart enough to figure out the lightbulb issue. Lol just do it tomorrow when your not drinking.

Thank you so much. Yeah, I bought a step ladder, but don’t think I should climb it now to look at anything :D I’ve always taken care of everyone else, it’s hard to adapt to only taking care of myself!

Considering that we barely had a spring, I was fatuously hoping for some cosmic balance to things, or at least that our climate issues meant that the seasons were just offset by a month or two. Instead we had snow on Halloween and freezing temps thereafter.
:-/

We did get balance. Short spring and a equally short fall. Might not be the balance any of us hoped for but it’s as balanced as it has been for years now. Yeah global warming. 😒

Unless the lightbulb is DC (direct current) instead of AC (alternating current) a bulb generally works or it does not.

If the bulb is dim or flickering it could be a bad bulb or bad wiring in the lamp.

Sorry to hear that you are so unexpectedly on your own.

That will only confuse her. She is day drinking. Silly man!

Thank you so much. Yeah, I bought a step ladder, but don’t think I should climb it now to look at anything :D I’ve always taken care of everyone else, it’s hard to adapt to only taking care of myself!

Find somewhere to volunteer. You can still help folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back