What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last July or so, I told y'all of taking in a dog-attacked kitten who was only about 3 weeks old. This is that kitten at the time, attacking one of YK's shoes (while it was on her foot):

This is the same "kitten," (Cricket) 15 months later, same floor, same pair of shoes:

Awwww <3

I'm home from the hospital, surgery went well. Oddly enough, non-op parts of me are sore, and I can't figure out why, but it's kind of that nice, played hard leftovers sort of ache.

Master made it quite clear that he missed me and is happy that I'm home. :D

I'm home from the hospital, surgery went well. Oddly enough, non-op parts of me are sore, and I can't figure out why, but it's kind of that nice, played hard leftovers sort of ache.

Glad it went well - I've had ops on both shoulders so I know how it feels. Wishing you speedy recovery :)

Glad it went well - I've had ops on both shoulders so I know how it feels. Wishing you speedy recovery :)

Thanks! There's nothing like a stay in hospital to remind you how comfy your own bed is, and how nice it is to sleep without near-hourly interruptions!

Awesome day!
I haven't been kayaking all summer! *wishes she had more time*
But I did get to inhale the green on a brisk, refreshing hike in the forest yesterday!
:)

Green and blue and brown: the natural Prozac.

Scooby Doo and the Mystery of the Sore Non-op Sub Parts.

Earth colors. My quintessence of serenity hues.

We are on the same page, my friend!
:D

It was an absolutely glorious day. Crystal water. Sun. Bass. Egrets. Lazy dog. A dragonfly rode for a mile on my thigh. Where was he going? When he zipped away, did he miss his friends?

Humans evolved in nature. We need it.

How was your hike?

I know this one's old, but the song just came on the radio and reminded me...I still find this funny no matter how many times I see it :D

http://youtu.be/Ekr05T9Iaio

I had never seen this before, it definitely made me smile. :)

Besides that, had a good laugh at work with my co-workers - good humor infuses our small working group and that always makes stressful projects easier.

Welcome home and may you have a speedy recovery!

Happy to hear that you're home and surgery went well. Take enough time to let your body recover, k? That kind of thing is a bit stressful...

As I arrived at work this morning, most of the members of the early shift were waiting for me at the door. Wondering what catastrophe had occurred, I got out of the car to be greeted with 'DID YOU GET THE TEXT????'.

When I shook my head, there was groaning, hands thrown up in the air. Apparently the one member of my staff who still smokes had arrived earlier to find that she had forgotten to put her cigarettes in her bag. As she was at the point of stabbing anyone who came within 20 feet of her, and there were still 7 hours of the shift remaining, the missing text was a plea from her co-workers for me to buy some for her on my way in to work.

So I got back in the car :rolleyes:

Holy crap, I just read a wikipedia entry about the English language in Yiddish and understood almost all of it.:eek:

Clearly my dormant German is useful for more than silly children's rhymes from the fifth grade, which seem to be lodged so deep in my brain that even an aneurysm probably couldn't erase them.

(Ich und du, Müllers Kuh usw.)

I made a delivery of print to a local hospital this afternoon at about 3 pm.

Storeman: You don't usually do deliveries, do you? I've not seen your face before.
Me: No, I don't but I was supposed to be having a meeting here this afternoon so I brought them instead of the usual guy. The meeting's been cancelled though.
Storeman: Well, that's great for you then. You'll be able to sneak off home early, won't you?
Me: No, I'll be going back to the office after this.
Storeman: No! Don't bother doing that - just tell the boss you were stuck in traffic and couldn't get back. He'll never know.
Me: But I AM the boss.
Storeman: :eek:

Range of motion is coming back faster (and with less pain) than expected. Whee!

Last edited:
A primary school in a very deprived area of the city, about 15 miles away, had forgotten to order some materials for a course for the children which is starting this weekend. They rang me in a panic yesterday, offering to come to collect the print from me, but as I had another appointment not too far away from them today it was only common sense for me to suggest that I deliver it to them instead.

When I got there, not only was I treated like a long lost friend, there was a little gift wrapped box waiting for me to thank me for helping them out, which contained a set of beautiful bath salts.

Isn't it funny that it's always those who have so little who are the most generous?

3A00A241-6B7B-4ACE-AA4A-BEE82598DBAC-7755-000007B7F4AB94AB_zps7c522612.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back