What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, gentlemen of the world. There’s no bigger cue that a woman’s feeling fertile and frisky than when she’s running the vacuum. That is absolutely the optimum time to interrupt her, attempt to explain the menstrual cycle over the roar of the Stubborn Stains and Pet Hair setting, and then ask if she wants to have sex. I strongly recommend you try it.

No doubt that article explains why I had so many siblings. My mother still vacuums her house nearly every day.

I got those extra hours at work, starting next week! And, it's doing something I quite enjoy too. :)

I credit the HSFLA13 initiative for this success. ;) :rose:

Got my photos back from the shoot pre-show. :D

Now I not only have awesome memories of my two minutes fifteen seconds of burlesque stardom, but I have really cool pics of me all done up subbing my favorite corset for the bra and wife beater from the show.

I am completely over the moon right now.

:cathappy:

Sometimes this belongs here; sometimes in the Pissed Off thread:

The dawg is YK's, no doubt about that, ever. However, when YK's at work and I ask the dawg, "Wanna go out?" she plops off the couch and races for the door. When YK is *home,* however, I ask, "Wanna go out?" and she looks at YK and essentially refuses to move until YK gives her *permission* to go out, or *commands* her to "Go with Daddy." Oyyyyyy....

I'm doing an online course and for that I have to watch a bunch of video lectures. The lecturer's from Georgia, has what I consider a very stereotypical southern accent and speaks so slowly that I can actually run the video on double speed.

He also changes the backdrop for each of his lectures, usually they're some famous sights from around the world. And he opens the lectures with classic rock and moshes for a bit before starting his monotonous and slow monologue.

It was getting late last night as I read in my recliner and YK watched something on the tube that I wasn't interested in, so I drifted off to a doze. She woke me and suggested I go to bed. I agreed. The next thing I knew, she was waking me again, as I had managed to get the recliner halfway down (or me halfway up) and fallen asleep again in the process...

My "baby boy" turns 21 today. That makes me feel just a bit old. OTOH, he's become quite the young man....he's sweet, kind, funny, very smart. He's not perfect (gets lost in gaming and forgets to do things, that's my biggest complaint), but he's a good guy and makes me very proud. :heart:

Our youngest cat, the only other male in the household, thinks he's a dog, since most of his "raising" was done by the Corgi. He's also wanted, badly, to go outdoors (like the dog does), so we got him a harness and have started taking him out on a leash. He's not very happy about it, about at the level a young dog would be unhappy his/her first time on harness and leash, but he's adapting. :rolleyes: We have the weirdest animals...

His name is Cricket, and when we took him out this afternoon, he wanted to hunt his namesakes through the grass. Damned cannibal wannabe!

Bought a new satnav a couple of weeks ago, and to relieve the tedium, I've been trying out the different voices.

So I've been through the English male and female, Irish male and female and had worked my way round to American male.

I never realised before that roundabouts aren't popular over the water. Total confusion, bafflement and laughter on my part when he told me to 'go straight at the rotary' :D

You don't know how much fun you're missing not having roundabouts. The rule is that you give way to the driver approaching from the right - the best fun is when drivers arrive at the roundabout at the same time and we all sit there looking at each other, politely waiting for someone else to make the first move.

Bought a new satnav a couple of weeks ago, and to relieve the tedium, I've been trying out the different voices.

So I've been through the English male and female, Irish male and female and had worked my way round to American male.

I never realised before that roundabouts aren't popular over the water. Total confusion, bafflement and laughter on my part when he told me to 'go straight at the rotary' :D

You don't know how much fun you're missing not having roundabouts. The rule is that you give way to the driver approaching from the right - the best fun is when drivers arrive at the roundabout at the same time and we all sit there looking at each other, politely waiting for someone else to make the first move.

Roundabouts are called by different names here: traffic circles and rotaries are two of the most common. Many of the rest are, as you can imagine, unprintable in a family newspaper (not that there's anything wrong with that). They're fairly common in New England, where many of the towns are crowded and space for roads is limited, and much less so in the broader and newer expanses of the midwest and west. I grew up in a town that had two traffic circles so navigating them comes naturally to me. My wife, on the other hand, fears the only one within twenty miles of our house and will drive well out of her way to avoid it. Chacun à sa peur.

That's so weird! We have them here, and they're called roundabouts. I've never heard them called "rotaries" before.

The US South--contrary as ever. :p

Last July or so, I told y'all of taking in a dog-attacked kitten who was only about 3 weeks old. This is that kitten at the time, attacking one of YK's shoes (while it was on her foot):

This is the same "kitten," (Cricket) 15 months later, same floor, same pair of shoes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back