What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a better feeling than slogging through a swamp, and then finally finding firm, dry land?

It is a great feeling. On the day that I first spotted "firm, dry land", ;) I was driving to my niece's t-ball game, when a storm hit. I got to the parking lot and when I got out of my vehicle, this is what I found. The quality is not great. It was taken quickly with my cell phone.

Had breakfast at the old farmer's market with friends then walked about the campus and area where I'll be taking my classes.

All and all it was a really great day.

I love my couple in so many ways. :eek:

I immediately thought of our one-and-only-Mouse when I spotted this headline:

Ex-Microsoft Employees Create Algorithm for the Perfect-Fitting Bra

I wonder what she'll think when she reads the article. I know the issue has been a painful one for a lot of folks here; it's just one of the (minor) reasons I'm glad I'm not a woman.

I wonder what she'll think when she reads the article. I know the issue has been a painful one for a lot of folks here; it's just one of the (minor) reasons I'm glad I'm not a woman.

I read the article and went to the website to do a "trial run" and see what all the hoopla was about.

The biggest mistake I see is that they actually expect women to A) have any clue what their true size is [85% of women are wearing the wrong bra size], B) have an idea of what style of bra works best for their body type [if I had a nickle for every 40JJ who wants a "plunge push up bra" I'd be a gazillionaire], and C) realize that every country of origin/vendor cuts differently - and that's even *before* we get into the impact various types of fabric/lace have on bra design/fit.

It's a nice try, and I suppose it would help some people, but there are way more variables to consider than their little questionnaire covers. Plus, who wants to pay $45 to try on bras? And if the stuff they send you (based on the survey) fits, are you supposed to then pay extra for those products? Because I know the vendors they offered on the quiz, and very few [like almost none] of those bras cost $45...

I read the article and went to the website to do a "trial run" and see what all the hoopla was about.

The biggest mistake I see is that they actually expect women to A) have any clue what their true size is [85% of women are wearing the wrong bra size], B) have an idea of what style of bra works best for their body type [if I had a nickle for every 40JJ who wants a "plunge push up bra" I'd be a gazillionaire], and C) realize that every country of origin/vendor cuts differently - and that's even *before* we get into the impact various types of fabric/lace have on bra design/fit.

It's a nice try, and I suppose it would help some people, but there are way more variables to consider than their little questionnaire covers. Plus, who wants to pay $45 to try on bras? And if the stuff they send you (based on the survey) fits, are you supposed to then pay extra for those products? Because I know the vendors they offered on the quiz, and very few [like almost none] of those bras cost $45...
That's why I hoped you'd catch the post and check it out. After all, you *are* our resident brassiere guru, and I know you find this sort of thing absorbing.

Having read a number of your previous posts regarding bra-fitting and the variations in sizing come not only nationally, but even by vendors within a country, I kind of thought that would come up, but I don't recall any previous discussion of the fact that the fabrics/lace involved can also affect fit (though that certainly doesn't mean you didn't say it - just that I don't *recall* it).

Hmm... a business concept: I wonder if we have any undercover venture capitalists here who would underwrite the CutieMouse Academy of Brassiere Fitting and Design, to educate and spread across the country a knowledgeable group of lingerie lovers who could ease the burdens that give so many of our women backaches, shoulder aches and headaches by properly fitting them with appropriately sized brassieres? I think once a little word of mouth got out, the CMABFD graduates would be swamped with more customers than they could handle!

That's why I hoped you'd catch the post and check it out. After all, you *are* our resident brassiere guru, and I know you find this sort of thing absorbing.

Having read a number of your previous posts regarding bra-fitting and the variations in sizing come not only nationally, but even by vendors within a country, I kind of thought that would come up, but I don't recall any previous discussion of the fact that the fabrics/lace involved can also affect fit (though that certainly doesn't mean you didn't say it - just that I don't *recall* it).

Hmm... a business concept: I wonder if we have any undercover venture capitalists here who would underwrite the CutieMouse Academy of Brassiere Fitting and Design, to educate and spread across the country a knowledgeable group of lingerie lovers who could ease the burdens that give so many of our women backaches, shoulder aches and headaches by properly fitting them with appropriately sized brassieres? I think once a little word of mouth got out, the CMABFD graduates would be swamped with more customers than they could handle!

You're sweet, but that wouldn't be kosher. ;)

(I have little desire to see what happens if I break the non-compete clause in my contract.)

(I have little desire to see what happens if I break the non-compete clause in my contract.)

Well, not that idea then but have you checked out kickstarter? If you have a cool project in mind the site might be a good option for you.

I have a random stupid question I keep meaning to ask you. How do you use Pandora on your runs? Is isn't it WiFi only?

Well, not that idea then but have you checked out kickstarter? If you have a cool project in mind the site might be a good option for you.

I have a random stupid question I keep meaning to ask you. How do you use Pandora on your runs? Is isn't it WiFi only?

I have the Pandora app on my iPhone... which, thinking about it, does that mean I'm stealing other people's WiFi when I run at the lake? Great! Now I have guilt! (Even though I haven't run lately... it's too damn hot.)

Would it be breaking the NCC if you were *teaching* other women how to properly fit lingerie for other women? You wouldn't actually be directly competing with your current employer, as far as I can see; you'd quite possibly be educating a future replacement, who could continue doing for them what you've done since you came in and improved their business.

I have the Pandora app on my iPhone... which, thinking about it, does that mean I'm stealing other people's WiFi when I run at the lake? Great! Now I have guilt! (Even though I haven't run lately... it's too damn hot.)

Nope! Pandora works off of whatever your phone's current internet connection which can either be from a local wifi network, or a local cell tower!

Now you can run guilt free!

Nope! Pandora works off of whatever your phone's current internet connection which can either be from a local wifi network, or a local cell tower!

Now you can run guilt free!

but i thought it only worked on wifi? No?

Really, when you're at the gym, workin out HARD, and someone switches the TV to Rachel Rae, and then OPP starts playing, well, that's a good day.

:D

Ooohhh yeah, Rachel. That's it, baby. Tenderize those plump breasts for me.

This goes back to last Friday, but I forgot to post it then. As I was driving down a street in my neighborhood that's popular with runners (long and light traffic), I passed a young woman out for a run. The remarkable thing about her is that she has only one leg. On her right leg she had a springy round prosthesis that looked like this.

*waves* Thanks....I haven't been off doing cool things like Flogging Molly, but I put my sanity back in my head and feel lucky for once. Hope all is well with you and all the other Cafe regulars. I have missed Lit but life got busy.

No. Throw off worldly cares like food and shelter and devote your time to Lit. I beseech you!

It was the one customer who just wanted to be pointed in the right direction as he was a bit confused. Not one of the ones who wants me to sell their car, apply for a pension, perscribe anti depressants, find Aunty Mildred who they have not spoken to in 20 years and don't have an address or phone number, ring mum for more money because they spent it all, ring mum to tell her they are in jail for running through a main street naked, get them out of jail or just ask the same question ten different ways to try to get a different answer.

I do cry at work sometimes, usually with laughter at the sheer weirdness of requests.

They see that you are all-powerful, and seek you out. I do like the ask you ten different ways thing, though. That has possibilities. Yes. Distinct possibilities.

And in the same vein: President Obama does Call me Maybe (sort of).

Damn, this took about 200 hours of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back