What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started smiling half way through this post... finished it. Then, I read it again and it made sigh too. Lovely. Thank you. :rose:

I made a lemon bundt cake for a friends BBQ today that was the hit of the party. It was perfectly tangy tart with just the right amount of sweetness that makes your mouth water and your jaw want to clench as you eat it. As they ate it, it made people make all sorts of mmmmmmm noises. LOVE that. :)

It was an amazing day. :)

And I need to get your cake recipe. I love everything with lemon in it, and your description just made my mouth water and jaw clench. PM, please?

Paragraph of the Month Award (you get the primo parking space next to the BDSM cafe board door...)

Cool! My bike really deserved better parking than it had! :D

From a friend not here, sharing this:

Two brooms were hanging in the closet and after a while they got to know each other so well, they decided to get married. One broom was, of course, the bride broom, the other the groom broom. The bride broom looked very beautiful in her white dress. The groom broom was handsome and suave in his tuxedo.

The wedding was lovely.

After the wedding, at the wedding dinner, the bride-broom leaned over and said to the groom-broom, 'I think I am going to have a little broom!'

'IMPOSSIBLE!' said the groom broom.

Are you ready for this? Brace yourself; this is going to HURT!!!!!!

'WE HAVEN'T EVEN SWEPT TOGETHER!'​

It was an amazing day. :)

And I need to get your cake recipe. I love everything with lemon in it, and your description just made my mouth water and jaw clench. PM, please?

Will do! :)

Two brooms were hanging in the closet and after a while they got to know each other so well, they decided to get married. One broom was, of course, the bride broom, the other the groom broom. The bride broom looked very beautiful in her white dress. The groom broom was handsome and suave in his tuxedo.

The wedding was lovely.

After the wedding, at the wedding dinner, the bride-broom leaned over and said to the groom-broom, 'I think I am going to have a little broom!'

*giggle swoon* It was wonderfully groan making kind of painful. I liked it. Thank you. :)

Realizing I am only half way packed and already surrounded by boxes. It is a a sea of cardboard in here!

Darth-Vader-Gardening.jpg

I survived my periodic blood draw. So, as a reward for risking certain torture and potential death, I treated myself to a breakfast of corned beef hash and eggs with hashed brown potatoes. :)

I survived my periodic blood draw. So, as a reward for risking certain torture and potential death, I treated myself to a breakfast of corned beef hash and eggs with hashed brown potatoes. :)

I had to have blood drawn today too. My reward.........a bruise. I like your reward. I wish I had thought of it. :)

I had to have blood drawn today too. My reward.........a bruise. I like your reward. I wish I had thought of it. :)

Ahh...hindsight has 20/20 vision or something like that, right? Clearly we could also have gotten together to do some kind of mutual rewarding. But then you might have ended up with the very same "reward." ;)

Feeling like myself again.

Is there a better feeling than slogging through a swamp, and then finally finding firm, dry land?

Cool! My bike really deserved better parking than it had! :D

They're really skinny Old World spots.

A thanks from a customer "thank you very much and I hope your day is as nice as you are."

This would be your one customer who is not a panicked rabbit and/or a meteoric chunk of lavatory ice?

~qp~'s on a roll today.

*Snicker*
I noticed. Could someone maybe help roll him out the door?

I'm amused at his vituperativeness re colored text, though. I've been using Navy text for just about as long as I've been on this board, and no one's ever complained (to me, at least). In fact, a couple of people have told me they like it because it makes it easier to find (or maybe ignore? :eek: ) my posts.

I noticed. Could someone maybe help roll him out the door?

I'm amused at his vituperativeness re colored text, though. I've been using Navy text for just about as long as I've been on this board, and no one's ever complained (to me, at least). In fact, a couple of people have told me they like it because it makes it easier to find (or maybe ignore? :eek: ) my posts.

Pretty sure it's because your text is legible. I didn't even read the post in question because of the illegibility of the text color and the (oh, God) fucking centered text. Well, that and tl;dr.

And maybe it's because I'm a misanthrope myself, but ~qp~ amuses the fuck out of me most of the time.

Pretty sure it's because your text is legible. I didn't even read the post in question because of the illegibility of the text color and the (oh, God) fucking centered text. Well, that and tl;dr.

And maybe it's because I'm a misanthrope myself, but ~qp~ amuses the fuck out of me most of the time.
Yeah, the soft pink (whatever its real name is) *plus* being centered made it kind of annoying, but I figured, "WTH, she's new, she'll figure it out before too long, or someone will PM her and nicely explain that posts that are by their nature next to impossible to read won't be read." Besides, I know how to select all the text in a post so that it's "backlighted," so to speak, and thus more legible. (It was still kind of annoying, LOL!)

And yeah, ~qp~ amuses me a good share of the time, too... except when I feel that he's gotten to the point of beating dead horses. Come to think of it, I'd think *you'd* find him a pita at that point, too! :p

I always read "qp" as cutie pie. It does give a certain flair to his posts in my mind.

This would be your one customer who is not a panicked rabbit and/or a meteoric chunk of lavatory ice?

It was the one customer who just wanted to be pointed in the right direction as he was a bit confused. Not one of the ones who wants me to sell their car, apply for a pension, perscribe anti depressants, find Aunty Mildred who they have not spoken to in 20 years and don't have an address or phone number, ring mum for more money because they spent it all, ring mum to tell her they are in jail for running through a main street naked, get them out of jail or just ask the same question ten different ways to try to get a different answer.

I do cry at work sometimes, usually with laughter at the sheer weirdness of requests.

I was just thinking of you, and wondering how things were proceeding in your world. And I know longer need to wonder.

*waves* Thanks....I haven't been off doing cool things like Flogging Molly, but I put my sanity back in my head and feel lucky for once. Hope all is well with you and all the other Cafe regulars. I have missed Lit but life got busy.

The wedding was lovely.

Excuse me, but doesn't the unspoken etiquette of the board dictate that this should be in the pun thread? Still, I love it and makes me miss my punny maternal family. Thanks for helping me smile today.

Excuse me, but doesn't the unspoken etiquette of the board dictate that this should be in the pun thread? Still, I love it and makes me miss my punny maternal family. Thanks for helping me smile today.
Nope. It made me smile (and even chuckle a little), so I put it in the Smile/Laugh thread. :p

Good to see you wander back in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back