What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A ritualistic annual Southern gathering to observe televised ungulates run around a circle, beaten with sticks, while we sip alcohol with crushed leaves in it.

gawd I read that as he was in and out in less than 20 mins:D

I obviously need sex :cool:

What you doing in the way of birthdays lizzie?

That would have been in and out in 10 minutes, if we account for cuddling and cleaning up too :D

I only know the parts I've planned, there's family dinner on Friday night, and then Mr and I are staying somewhere in the city and I'm getting spoiled, then Sunday having High Tea with my two friends from school. :)

That would have been in and out in 10 minutes, if we account for cuddling and cleaning up too :D

I only know the parts I've planned, there's family dinner on Friday night, and then Mr and I are staying somewhere in the city and I'm getting spoiled, then Sunday having High Tea with my two friends from school. :)

Oh that sounds like fun Lizzie! Hope you have a fantastic time eh :)

The two little girls from next door made me smile when they bought me round a flyer for their dads bands next gig.

Think I will go :)

Standing on solid ground after giving my friends daughter a driving lesson. Parallel parking and reversing into a driveway. Next weekend, roundabouts and traffic lights.

13048302197560.jpg

Giant card for Mother's Day. :D

For 13 yrs, every mothers day i woke up and got the kids ready for church while quietly looking over and loving all the things they made especially for me. There was always one thing missing though. I never ever heard from their father the simple words "Happy Mothers Day". The one time I asked why he never said it or bought me a card a flower or took me out, he told me because I was not his mother and could never be.

This morning when I spoke to daddy the first thing he said to me was Happy Mothers Day. The second was asking if i was going someplace with the kids and where. I didn't even know what to say so I managed a humble thank you while i tried not to cry...not sad tears but a touched deep in my heart type of tears. He told me to call him back once I was out of bed and we hung up.
Before I even put the phone down there was a text from Uncle J saying Happy Mothers Day ( he cant call from work). The tears started as i texted him back ty.
Who could ask for more then this...two REAL men who respect and protect me, who use and hurt me, and who know how important three simple words can be to someone like me.
I'm sitting here now with this stupid unexplainable grin on my face that wont go away.
I'm a lucky girl...I just hope I can make them as happy as they make me :heart::cattail:

My husband is out today, with my 3-year-old, shopping for the ingredients to make me brunch, and a special dessert for tonight. This despite the fact that he's exhausted from taking care of a sick wife and sick little girl for about 10 days now. He looks like he's about to fall asleep on his feet after sleeping on the couch for several nights (and not sleeping well), taking all the early shifts with the early bird girl, and more or less single-parenting while I've been sick in bed. In addition to that, he's dealing with a new position in his company that requires a lot more responsibility, fighting with the insurance company over tornado damage to our home, and remodeling our house (unrelated to tornado damage).

It's hard for me to remember sometimes all that he does because he's So. Not. A verbal guy. And I am SOOOOO a verbal "love language" kind of person. He's all action. But when I make myself write out all his actions, I'm more appreciative, and I see how much he loves me. And that makes me smile, and warms my heart.

Meanwhile, my online D, who IS so very verbal, wrote me first thing this morning, wishing me Happy Mother's Day and telling me how very lucky my daughter is to have me.

I've got the best of both worlds. Feeling very lucky and grateful this morning.

F coming to visit me in my sick bed in the middle of the day to wrap his arms around me and spend the next couple of hours both sleeping wrapped around each other. Was the best medicine I could wish for.:)

Delayed coffee runs; children away playing; wonderment at the choice to go back to sleep; joy in a single word; and sort of (not really, trying to trick myself into) enjoying a cloudy, sprinkling day by distracting myself with a good book and a so-so ride.

ETA: Fun with spelling; keeping the right kind of secrets; reasons for poor typing; C.D.J.; knowing songs the club guy didn't know; wiki-sub; dry erase markers; elims again; dormant creativity; and being a daydream believer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back