What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so this guy is just a couple of years out of prison, is on probation, and gets busted for selling cocaine within a thousand feet of a church (ups it from a 15-year felony to a 30-year felony to be within a thousand feet of a church or school). He seems convinced, though both the State Attorney and *his* (paid) attorney, along with the Judge, are telling him that there is no way on God's green earth that the Judge *can* legally do it, that the Judge will *reinstate* his probation (of which he only has 6 months left). Finally, he gets convinced that no matter how fast he talks, how much he whines, he's going to go back to prison for a while. During the (negotiated) plea colloquy, the following:

THE COURT: Sir, your new case is 08-CF-xxxx, a felony first is reduced to a felony second, delivery of a controlled substance, punishable by up to fifteen (15) years Florida State Prison and a ten thousand dollar ($10,000.00) fine. Count Two is a felony third, possession of cocaine, punishable by up to five (5) years in prison and a five thousand dollar ($5,000.00) fine. Count Three is possession of drug paraphernalia, punishable by up to three-sixty-four (364) Xxxxx County jail. How do you plead to the new charges, sir?
MR. DEFENDANT: [pause] I guess guilty, sir.
THE COURT: You sure?
MR. DEFENDANT: [pause][dejected voice]Yes.
=+=+=+
THE COURT: Sir, are you satisfied with the services of your attorney?
MR. DEFENDANT: No comment, sir.
THE COURT: Why not?
MR. DEFENDANT: I just don’t have any.
THE COURT: Well, sir, the attorney’s not always the bearer of good news, you understand that? You understand that, sir?
MR. DEFENDANT: Yes, sir. I just don’t have any comments.
THE COURT: Everything that Mr. DefenseAttorney said before this Court is true, sir. Unfortunately, it’s not in your favor. You understand that?
MR. DEFENDANT: Yes, sir.
THE COURT: Do you have any specific complaints about him?
MR. DEFENDANT: No comment, sir.
THE COURT: Okay.​

Oy vey... there are *so* many times I'm glad I didn't go to law school... but I have to laugh at some of the things these guys say.

Oh. He could have gotten 5 years for the violation of probation *alone.* His final sentence: 50.25 months, or just over 4 years, for *everything.* With gain time and time already served in the county jail awaiting the VOP hearing and trial on the new charge, he'll be out in just over 3 years. I figure he'll be back in court within 6 months to a year after that.

I overheard a conversation between my kids. My daughter is telling my son "servant eat, servant serve the drinks, servant get me my spoon" and he's doing it! It's hilarious!

I overheard a conversation between my kids. My daughter is telling my son "servant eat, servant serve the drinks, servant get me my spoon" and he's doing it! It's hilarious!
:eek:

Kids pick up on the straaaangest things...

So I was working today and there were a big group of football fans right infront of our shop, siting in one restaurant and drinking beer and singing etc. They were quite noisy. I was pissed about it for a while, cant stand noisy people, especialy football fans lol. So I was pissed about it untill I found out it was Scots! It made my day!!! :D:D:D

These men in kilts made me smile yes! :) Reminded me of my A. :heart:

I was bitching about the noise before, but was alllllllllllll quiet after I found out it was the Scots hehe. Was just smiling to myself then. :eek:

Finding out, at this, a very scary time in my life (waiting for biopsy) that someone I care about cares about me more than I realised. Makes me feel all snuggly inside.

This.....

funny-pictures-cat-hates-everything.jpg

I still have to smile when I think of all the Scots I saw today! :D

Smiling like retarded munky here. :eek::eek::eek:

A single father in walmart today worrying over what kind of medicine to get his little girl. So I stepped up beside him and asked if he would like help. He looked at me like I was crazy until I explained that I'm a peds nurse.

His little girl had a fever he couldn't break. So I showed him what to get and how to alternate the tylenol and motrin. :)

A single father in walmart today worrying over what kind of medicine to get his little girl. So I stepped up beside him and asked if he would like help. He looked at me like I was crazy until I explained that I'm a peds nurse.

His little girl had a fever he couldn't break. So I showed him what to get and how to alternate the tylenol and motrin. :)

That's so sweet. :)

An unexpected conversation. I can't wait to see where life takes him but I'm sure going to miss seeing him.

The heaps of genuine love and care in nh23's Doctor thread. It's a sad thread but the love in it shines out.

something I had looked forward to, didn't last long, but still for those couple of minutes I felt giggly and happy :rolleyes:

seriously, if thats the highlight of my day and possibly weekend....things suck more than I thought. *laugh*

perhaps alcohol will help keep positive vibes:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back