What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meeting the mother of all book deadlines and knowing that this coming weekend I can actually stop work for two days as a result! (I haven't had a day off in well over a month.)

Last edited:
Comment on the poem I wrote for Emily from a reader who interpreted it as a love story. (I guess in a way it is). :heart:

Oooo! And this, from my friends in NY, just popped up in Facebook...

"Happy belated birthday K! I just sent out the package for you...you've got season 3 of Deadwood, some fishing wire...and now, a little birthday surprise. It's coming FedEx."

Happy, happy, happy!!!

Thinking about my upcoming trip to Atlantic City on Wednesday. I'm going to LIVE on the beach for the rest of the week.

My mom called and woke me up. Now normally that would be in the "what pissed you off today" thread, but she was calling to ask if Bunny and I preferred sleeping on a sofa bed with privacy or a queen bed with no privacy. We are going to Florida!!!!!!!!!!!! The weekend of my birthday non the less.

Bunny and I have been trying to figure out how we are going to snag us a trip to the beach this year. The beach here we come!!! :D:nana:

We Will Rock You was a hell of a show. That's all I can say at the moment, I'm still a little blind-sided.

I'm no longer so. Although the central plot device completely ripped off 2112, there were a few too many references to the fact technology has moved on since the age of Queen (was it really necessary to replace the lyrics to Radio GaGa with "radio ga ga, video goo goo, internet ga ga"?), they teased Don't Stop Me Now but didn't deliver and could have cut a handful of the songs, sweet fuckity fuck that was a good show. The chick playing Scaramouche whose name I didn't catch - she was one of the understudies, I just don't remember which - had a surprisingly powerful voice for such a small person.

Also, I got my first noise complaint today. I'm concerningly proud.

Last edited:
OK, file this under Cutest Moment of the Year for me...

My friend Liz dropped by with her two, five-year-old twins, (who are my little buddies), just as I was beset by an attack of endometriosis. I was sitting on the stairs, breathing through a nasty cramp and the kids asked if I was OK. I told them I had bit of a tummy ache then continued trying to talk to their mom. The boy, D, came and sat down beside me. He didn't say a word but he placed his hand on my arm and kept it there the whole time I was struggling through the pain.

What a look of concern and empathy he had on his face. That alone made me feel better.

OK, file this under Cutest Moment of the Year for me...

My friend Liz dropped by with her two, five-year-old twins, (who are my little buddies), just as I was beset by an attack of endometriosis. I was sitting on the stairs, breathing through a nasty cramp and the kids asked if I was OK. I told them I had bit of a tummy ache then continued trying to talk to their mom. The boy, D, came and sat down beside me. He didn't say a word but he placed his hand on my arm and kept it there the whole time I was struggling through the pain.

What a look of concern and empathy he had on his face. That alone made me feel better.

All it takes is just a certain look, sometimes...all the more special from a child.

I hope you're better very soon, K!
*hugs* :rose:

All it takes is just a certain look, sometimes...all the more special from a child.

I hope you're better very soon, K!
*hugs* :rose:

Thanks, GS. It's already passed, whew.

I was just blown away by how intuitive this little guy was. He has a great mom, though, I'm sure that's also a big part of it. But, yeah...aaaawwww. :)

One of my bosses telling me I'm amazing. :D And my afternoon talk with Daddy made me laugh. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back