What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
awards...

memories...

influencing for good...

influencing for evil...

being funnier than that annoying messy guy....

LOTS! :D

Still thinking about spending last week with her.

Watching the extended glastonbury coverage on iplayer. The boss, the specials, madness, blur... Wonderful to see them. Shame I wasn't there, but the tv coverage has eased the pain.

Munching on a few M&Ms as a pre-breakfast snack reminded me of a friend from years ago who absolutely *refused* to eat any "deformed" M&Ms. He was strange in a few other ways, too, but still a good friend. :D

My Dad getting out of the hospital and having a terrific sister that's taken on the job of looking after both him and my cranky cat. I owe her more mangoes than I can count.

My Dad getting out of the hospital and having a terrific sister that's taken on the job of looking after both him and my cranky cat. I owe her more mangoes than I can count.
Very glad to hear dad's out of the germ factory, and that your sis is steppin' up.

:: Staples Post-it note to K's luggage: "Extra nice mangoes for sis!!!" ::

I think that one would be rated an "A," Keroin. Very cute, but just copy the link and save it for when you get back to civilization.

I like having my own personal youtube screener!

Very glad to hear dad's out of the germ factory, and that your sis is steppin' up.

:: Staples Post-it note to K's luggage: "Extra nice mangoes for sis!!!" ::

Thanks SW. We chatted this morning and there is talk of her meeting me in Vegas for a K & K birthday extravaganza. If it happens, I'll be treating her to very special night out.

Joke sent by a friend

An elderly Italian man lay dying in his bed. While suffering the agonies of
impending death, he suddenly smelled the aroma of his favorite ravioli
wafting up the stairs.
He gathered his remaining strength, and lifted himself from the bed.
Gripping the railing with both hands, he crawled downstairs.
When he reached the bottom of the stairs, he gazed into the kitchen, where
he would have thought himself in heaven, for there, on the kitchen table
were hundreds of his favorite ravioli.
Was it heaven?
Was it one final act of love from his wife of sixty years, seeing to it
that he left this world a happy man?
He threw himself towards the table with a trembling hand & reached up for
a ravioli, when suddenly he was smacked with a wooden spoon by his wife.
"Don't Touch!" she said.
"Those are for the funeral."

The arrival of Komisaurus Rex in T.O.

Oh yes. The bastard tormented us for years, now he's working for us. This is going to be sweet.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

Palin stepping down as governor, may run for White House

Associated Press Reporting

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said Friday she is resigning from office at the end of the month, raising speculation that she would focus on a run for the White House in the 2012 race.

The former Republican vice presidential candidate made the surprise announcement from her home in suburban Wasilla on Friday morning. She said she would step down July 26 but didn't announce her plans.

"Once I decided not to run for re-election, I also felt that to embrace the conventional Lame Duck status in this particular climate would just be another dose of politics as usual, something I campaigned against and will always oppose," Palin said in a statement released by her office.

"It is my duty to always protect our great state. With that in mind, my family and I determined that it is best to make a difference this summer, and I am willing to change things, so that this administration, with its positive agenda, its accomplishments, and its successful road to an incredible future, can continue without interruption and with great administrative and legislative success," she said.

Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell will be inaugurated at the governor's picnic in Fairbanks at the end of the month, Palin spokesman Dave Murrow said.

Palin was first elected in 2006 on a populist platform. But her popularity has waned as she waged in partisan politics following her return from the presidential campaign. Her term would have ended in 2010.​

Edited to use a more up-to-date story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back