What little kindness did you today?

No kindness for anyone today, except for myself.

I've been running ragged the last month with TOO many things to handle, take care of and do all at once.

So today, I relaxed and did absolutely nothing and was kind to ME.

I figured, if I can't be kind to myself every once in a while, I can't be kind to anyone.

Umm I saved a girl hundreds of pounds by fixing a washer/dryer she broke. Managed to get electrocuted for my efforts, which was nice. Some wonderful bruises and even got to see my own blood. Makes me wonder why they make these things with so many sharp angles. I assume they are engineered by sadists. Oh and I donated to charity. Why I bothered on both counts I have no idea. Must be a slither of me that holds out hope for humanity.

I could tell you why. :heart:

Oh do tell? Ought to be good for a chuckle. My working theory is I took a blow to the head and I occasionally do such insane things as help people. I'm still chaffing at the notion I literally helped a little old lady cross the street. I need therapy.

Because you're a beautiful human. *shrug* I've been on the receiving end of your kindness, I know.

...okay, I didn't expect that. I'm not, really am not. I wish I was, but I'm not. And you deserve a little kindness. Maybe we all do. Thank you.

I shoveled my neighbor's drive and walkway early this morning. He broke his back some time ago, so I try to take care of this kind of thing for him when I can.

Did childcare for a neighbor. This lady needs to get professional help for herself, and her alcoholic, abusive husband. I have told her she can bring the baby at any time, as a safe place.
Something needs to change. But it won't come from her. She "loves" him.
Frustrating.

I stayed 30 min late after class to help a classmate with a math problem. I patiently explained how to work the problem two different ways, since the first didn't seem to be making sense to him.

Today's kindness of the day:

Walked into a location and it was packed. Pulled up my sleeves figuratively and helped out. It made me smile to know that there are just some things that you are instinctively good at. It also affirmed that kindness always begets kindness. Always.

This is a true secret power! It usually works in amazing ways on most humans... I can't say it always works, some are too broken it seems. However, perhaps like a mistreated animal, given enough patience it could work on everyone...regardless, kindness deflects the barbs of those who lash out in their fear and brokenness and inoculates the giver of kindness from catching the disease...

Wow. Old thread revived.

Haven't done anything today (yet) but yesterday I was grocery shopping, found four carts in the parking lot taking up space, so I wheeled them back to the cart storage area in front of the store. Yeah, I know that they pay people to do that, but this way the spaces were freed up sooner and the workers didn't have to go out into the rain.

Wow. Old thread revived.

Haven't done anything today (yet) but yesterday I was grocery shopping, found four carts in the parking lot taking up space, so I wheeled them back to the cart storage area in front of the store. Yeah, I know that they pay people to do that, but this way the spaces were freed up sooner and the workers didn't have to go out into the rain.

Every small thing helps make the world a better place. We are overwhelmed by the news of all that is bad in the world. It can create despair and sour our souls. Making an effort, no matter how seemingly small, helps the community and helps keep our spirits positive.

Every small thing helps make the world a better place.

That's what my Scoutmaster used to say back when I was in the Boy Sprouts. He'd say, "Even if you picked up just one piece of paper that somebody dropped and put it into a trash can, you've made the world a better place. So do it."

I gave a friend a smile and got three back in return, a wink and a whisper!

Don't let this "Old Widow" fool you...she also wrote me a private note to encourage me along. Her kind words started my day off really nice !

Spread kindness...it may not change the world, but it will change you...

Picked an elderly gentleman up after he went off the end of the treadmill. Well, me and three other people.

We got some snow here overnight. I cleaned off a few cars this morning as I was leaving.

As we always do, I picked up the poop (x2) when I took our dogs on a two mile walk. No one else seems to do it, and there is dog feces all over along the side of the rural roadway on which we walked, but I refuse to be part of the problem.

At home, in a campground, RV park, beach, mountains or deserts, we always have Poopie Pickups in our pockets and we'll lug a full bag miles till we to an appropriate place to dispose of it.

I did have the satisfaction of being thanked for my efforts today though. A lady parked in front of a house along our route saw me stop to pick up after one of the dogs, rolled down her window, and said "Thank you for doing that." I guess that was her little act of kindness today.

The usual domestic chores here at home. Out in the world, it was different. I spared many lives today. Some people deserve to be terminated. Many of them drive my local roads. Oy.

The weather is not helpful. Most Sierra passes and Oroville evac routes are closed by snow and slides as well as flooding. The few through routes include nearby (1/2 mile) narrow state highway 88 over Kit Carson Pass, clogged with traffic escaping Tahoe-Reno-Carson, and with many many trucks with trailers. Better to stay home, folks.

The usual domestic chores here at home. Out in the world, it was different. I spared many lives today. Some people deserve to be terminated. Many of them drive my local roads. Oy.

The weather is not helpful. Most Sierra passes and Oroville evac routes are closed by snow and slides as well as flooding. The few through routes include nearby (1/2 mile) narrow state highway 88 over Kit Carson Pass, clogged with traffic escaping Tahoe-Reno-Carson, and with many many trucks with trailers. Better to stay home, folks.

I think I'll make this my good deed too...I'm getting tired of all the blood and mayhem I cause all the time...all the ruined lives and families and such... :rolleyes:

The old gent went off the end of the treadmill again. This time I fear he injured himself. But we got him picked up and in a chair.

The old gent went off the end of the treadmill again. This time I fear he injured himself. But we got him picked up and in a chair.

Don't know if this is relevant, but; If you have a YMCA nearby, they often have aquatic workouts for seniors. Less danger of accidents and hard falls, etc.

Back