What is the weirdest thing you own?

Nude photos I recently found of my parents in a box that used to be in my daddy’s dresser drawer before he passed.

I don't know what to do with them.

I found a couple naked prints that my Dad took of my Mom When she was barely 30. Tossed them in a box full of old pictures and haven't seen them since. Kind of like the boxes of slides that my Dad had. He did all of his own developing then and I recall a few risque slides in there. There're still in storage someplace..

A rather vast collection of pens. I find it difficult to write creatively on the computer, I find i need the feeling of pen on paper. So, back in the days of my misspent youth, I found myself on an unending quest for the perfect point. Had to be ultra fine, no liquid ink that would bleed, comfortable in the hand, and if I started a new story, it required a fresh pen and a new notebook. As you can imagine, I have a heck of a lot of each, notebooks and pens.

A rather vast collection of pens. I find it difficult to write creatively on the computer, I find i need the feeling of pen on paper. So, back in the days of my misspent youth, I found myself on an unending quest for the perfect point. Had to be ultra fine, no liquid ink that would bleed, comfortable in the hand, and if I started a new story, it required a fresh pen and a new notebook. As you can imagine, I have a heck of a lot of each, notebooks and pens.

Did the same for a while. Gave up on it after I collected enough pens that I liked. Gave the rest to my daughter and she took them to her work and had them in a coffee cup that said "Need a pen? Take one.". Got rid of a whole bunch of them probably 30+ in less than two months.

Godzilla Christmas tree topper

I collect old junk and antiques. Lotsa milk, beer and soda bottles. Signs. Old tools and gears.

I guess I also have a whiskey bottle that was distilled before the volstead act (prohibition). It had a prescription blank filled out on the back, so I guess it was the medical marijuana of the time.

I collect hand blown bottles from the 1800s and very early turn of the century (1900-1905). Used to dig old privys and dumps. Soda and mineral waters, beers, whiskeys, apothecaries and druggists (quack medicine era), Jamaica gingers, other types. Mostly buy and trade these days. It’s an expensive habit.

i use to have a lighter my FIL gave me as a wedding gift. it was a figurine of a man nude made of pewter and in front he was genitaled correctly and quite hung. you simply pushed down on his pointer upper and the flame came out the top of his head' unfortunately one of the famous kitchen drawer catch alls ate him!

I collect hand blown bottles from the 1800s and very early turn of the century (1900-1905). Used to dig old privys and dumps. Soda and mineral waters, beers, whiskeys, apothecaries and druggists (quack medicine era), Jamaica gingers, other types. Mostly buy and trade these days. It’s an expensive habit.
We have a bottle dump on our farm. Nothing terribly exciting, but some cool old bottles.

A friend of mine who is an excavator brings me by some stuff occasionally. Also nothing too wild, but he did find a few nice old cobalt blue bottles.

We have a bottle dump on our farm. Nothing terribly exciting, but some cool old bottles.

A friend of mine who is an excavator brings me by some stuff occasionally. Also nothing too wild, but he did find a few nice old cobalt blue bottles.

Check the seam on each side. If they run all the way to the lip, they are machine made after 1903 and generally not considered “antique” by collectors. If the seams taper off at the shoulder, it means they were hand blown into a hinged mold and fall into the category of “antique bottles.”

I don’t own it but I bought it as a gift . It was a salt cellar that was used in the 1930’s . It looks like a tea candle holder . You put the salt in the depression . It sat in the table and the diners pinched the salt out of it to put on their food instead of a salt shaker . The cool thing is the glass contains uranium and when exposed to UV light it fluoresces ! View attachment 2300083
Cool!! The uranium part though… it’s cool but also confusing ☢️💚😵‍💫 would it still be safe to use, or is it just decor?

Last edited:
Nude photos I recently found of my parents in a box that used to be in my daddy’s dresser drawer before he passed.

I don't know what to do with them.
Omg I totally feel that. I helped each of my parents move in the past, and I found a bunch of old love letters they exchanged and forgot about, some of it I quickly realized was explicit and stopped reading before I could be scarred for life 😵‍💫😭

They’re long divorced. Neither really care what happens to the letters. *I* sure don’t wanna read my parents’ old intimate stuff. But like… I can’t bring myself to throw it out? I keep thinking that maybe one day I’ll go through and try to sort the regular letters from the saucy ones. 🤷‍♀️

I will say, their correspondence game was on point. They’d write stuff in code for one another to puzzle out, stuff like that to keeping interesting while they were long-distance. So for that reason I do wanna try to keep the regular stuff because they make for really sweet family mementos imo

I have an EXIT sign(bright green/white letters) that's encased in a shadow box frame,with small certificate of authenticity. It certifies that it was used at the Nevada Test Site and is 'radioactive',and warns against removing it from the frame. It's hanging in my living room and when you shut the lights off, it literally glows in the dark!!!!
Ohhh man that’s so fun, I used to be obsessed with glow in the dark as a kid 💚🌟 Though I also was always kinda paranoid about radioactivity cause I was too young to understand the science. Thought my glowing t-shirt would put off gamma rays or something 😅

Niceeeee, love me a good pen, though I honestly take whatever I can get. The notebook collecting is relatable too!

I know a friend who would use notebooks for rough drafts then finish stuff up digitally. When they filled a notebook, they’d rip out the insides to recycle the paper, then take the flat cover and add it to their wall. They built up a pretty substantial display that way

Back