What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Dow climbing near 10,000 again what's happened to all of the dire, end of the world ravings of our resident "conservative" economists?

Where is all of this inflation we were warned about? According to reports the Consumer Price Index is down 1.5% overall from last year. Despite Augusts increase in prices, gasoline is still down 30% from the high a year ago.

Despite the dire warnings of some of Lit's resident math wizards the Chinese are still very much interested in buying US Treasury securities.

I guess the sky isn't falling after all. :cool:

Well depends on what you consider economic fear mongering...

I am at least trying to make people aware of the Huxlyan apocalypse.

For example, its sad but no one cares that a simple bill to fix banks might not get passed:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/07/swipe-fee-vote-wednesday_n_872835.html

Largely because of lobbyist and the massive influx of information from media that no one actually cares the a bill to prevent the delay of part of bank reform laws will or won't pass. You know part of the laws to make banks fairer and less likely to create the recession we now find ourselves in? Laws that while sadly have not included shadow banking but are on small issues like debt charges. However, congress is so influenced by lobbyists that even pro-bank legislation cannot pass. They are overwhelmed in a sea of information.

Just like in Huxleyan apocalypse, the actual relevant information of what is happening in the Senate today is overwhelmed and hidden a sea of irrelevance about Wiener, Sarah Palin, and even the budget crisis. It will only be after the bill passes or doesn't pass that people will care and even then only for a day before we are constantly influenced by message about economic trouble, gas prices, and Alex Wiener, Britney Spears new Femme Fatale tour, Home Equity Loans (yes the thing that cause the recession is back!!), Progressive insurance commercials, "Kim Kardashian was named “Entrepreneur of the Year”, "Soldiers having to pay Delta for extra baggage", E-mails from a Nigerian Prince who worships the Spam God(*), TheAmazingAtheist's new opinion denouncing God, "Casey Anthony's Lawyer Jose Baez Has Trials of His Own", Youtube's TobyTurner saying what latest game came out and why you should buy it, "Jon Stewart apologizes for Anthony Weiner coverage", What new threat Fox New consider's Nazis, "Michelle Obama To Appear On Nickelodeon's iCarly", "Eminem Adds Justin Bieber To "A Kiss" Dis "‎, "OPEC Can’t Find Consensus on Output Quotas", or "iCloud's the Limit: How iOS 5, Lion Push Apple's Lock-In Strategy". In all this media how can people care about the actual passage or failure of passage of banking reform? How can people care about growing the economy?

(*)Yes there is a diety of spam now worship through what Ghanians call "Sakawa Boys". Still think there isn't some much information the relevant is trivial?

Paddy O’Bama Says: FORE! more years!
obama-wide-grin80.jpg

Frisky, what's your over/under on the upcoming Obama vs. Boehner golf match? :D

Not to mention when the boost temporary census takers and additional federal employees hirings masked the numbers.

Didn't stop Republicans from pointing to "job losses" when the census workers were finished. Those jobs never counted as jobs gained but they count as jobs lost - how does that work?

Didn't stop Republicans from pointing to "job losses" when the census workers were finished. Those jobs never counted as jobs gained but they count as jobs lost - how does that work?

Look! The partisan pig is back.

4.3 MILLION JOBS LOST Since Obama Took Office

Yeah he came into office during a time when the economy was shedding -20,000 jobs PER DAY. -600,000 per month.

Yes per day. Your "WHAAAAA *sobs* Obama should have fixed that IMMEDIATELY.... WHAAAA" just proves what stupid babies you are. Grow up, stop your bullshit spin, and get Glenn Beck's semen off your breath.

I guess I should stop quoting you then. *insert UD rolleyes*

You seldom add anything to the discussion. And on the rare occasion you try, you supply no evidence and are forced to backpedal. Your posts are virtually all repeats regardless of the thread topic. It's like you're stuck.

You seldom add anything to the discussion. And on the rare occasion you try, you supply no evidence and are forced to backpedal. Your posts are virtually all repeats regardless of the thread topic. It's like you're stuck.

Stay in your fantasy world, it's safer there.

Nice try lawn jockey, but as usual you are lacking.

I don't think so, my little-dicked marsupial buddy. But I will admit that I am in awe of your ability to blurt your life away on here 24-7 and say nothing at all in every post. When do you have time to fuck your wife, if indeed you even have a sex life?

I don't think so, my little-dicked marsupial buddy. But I will admit that I am in awe of your ability to blurt your life away on here 24-7 and say nothing at all in every post. When do you have time to fuck your wife, if indeed you even have a sex life?

You are improving, you only used bold on one word. Did you graduate from crayolas?

A queer lawn jockey at that, no surprise though.

Nah, I'm fresh out of magic markers with blunt ends, so I thought I'd reach for a cheaper alternative since you're not doing anything with it.

Have fun with the rest of your online night, tree-dweller. Gotta catch the Yankee game and I am too young to be wasting a sweet early summer evening with the likes of you. Ciao. :D

Nah, I'm fresh out of magic markers with blunt ends, so I thought I'd reach for a cheaper alternative since you're not doing anything with it.

Have fun with the rest of your online night, tree-dweller. Gotta catch the Yankee game and I am too young to be wasting a sweet early summer evening with the likes of you. Ciao. :D

Yet you do waste it. Have fun lawn jockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back