What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pretty good report and the market is going to show it today.

- In April, average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm
payrolls rose by 4 cents

FOUR CENTS?

wow

enough to buy a quarter of a quarter of a use ciggerette:D

Because the final result of Bush's economic stewardship shouldn't matter, right?

as shown ny my thread

in 2008, the COLLAPSE started THE MONTH it became obvious Obama would win election

June 2008

Obama's fault

It's interesting that Americans only work about 33 and a half hours. I don't even have a job and I work about 60.

Lazy bastards!

as shown ny my thread

in 2008, the COLLAPSE started THE MONTH it became obvious Obama would win election

June 2008

Obama's fault

According to the facts you can see in the chart, the collapse in the employment situation began in very early 2008. The housing bubble burst and the foreclosure crisis began long before Obama was a candidate. But keep blaming Obama for things that happened long before he was around.

Also I think it's time for you to update me on your prediction that the unemployment rate would hit 9% before it hit 7%. How's that going right now?

It's interesting that Americans only work about 33 and a half hours. I don't even have a job and I work about 60.

Lazy bastards!

33.5 hours is actually a bit high, historically speaking, and reflects employers coming out of a recession where they tried to get by with as few workers as possible.

The Dow opened higher and triggered my sell orders... just took almost $28k in capital gains, all long. Not bad for 9:30 am.

According to the facts you can see in the chart, the collapse in the employment situation began in very early 2008. The housing bubble burst and the foreclosure crisis began long before Obama was a candidate. But keep blaming Obama for things that happened long before he was around.

Also I think it's time for you to update me on your prediction that the unemployment rate would hit 9% before it hit 7%. How's that going right now?

the MKT started its collapse in June 08

1 week after it became OBVIOUS Obama would win the election..

The Dow opened higher and triggered my sell orders... just took almost $28k in capital gains, all long. Not bad for 9:30 am.

had you had the courtesy of answering me in Jan 2

the stock I was gonna give you

is up about 190%

you woulda OWED more TAXES and made Obama HAPPIER

you HATE OBAMA

WHY?

cause he is a MOO LA TOE?:confused:

the MKT started its collapse in June 08

1 week after it became OBVIOUS Obama would win the election..

Then it went back up a couple weeks after he took office and put on 8,400 points, a a 127% rise in market value and setting an all-time record. Clearly the Dow hates Obama.

It's just under a record-shattering 15,000 right now, a clear sign that the market will never have faith in this president.

One thing about the upward revision of the jobs numbers of the previous months: you know for a fact that if these figures were constantly being revised downwards instead of the other way around, we'd never hear the end of the accusations that Obama was cooking the books (remember Jack Welch and his bullshit, which had a gigantic following on the GB and in this thread).

Instead, Obama is not benefitting from positive headlines nearly as much as he could be, since the revisions get little of the attention of the initial jobs report release.

Then it went back up a couple weeks after he took office and put on 8,400 points, a a 127% rise in market value and setting an all-time record. Clearly the Dow hates Obama.

It's just under a record-shattering 15,000 right now, a clear sign that the market will never have faith in this president.

15,000 might even be occasion to bump Ken's "Will Obama send the Dow down to 5999?" thread. I used to bump it all the time with every new milestone, but after a while it got old, and I didn't want to be accused of padding my post totals.

One thing about the upward revision of the jobs numbers of the previous months: you know for a fact that if these figures were constantly being revised downwards instead of the other way around, we'd never hear the end of the accusations that Obama was cooking the books (remember Jack Welch and his bullshit, which had a gigantic following on the GB and in this thread).

Instead, Obama is not benefitting from positive headlines nearly as much as he could be, since the revisions get little of the attention of the initial jobs report release.

No doubt you are a fucking idiot you prove it more every day so go back to drinking the kool aid.

No doubt you are a fucking idiot you prove it more every day so go back to drinking the kool aid.

You're angry because the economy is doing better under a Democrat. :D

If Romney was elected we'd be hearing all about the Dow hitting 15k under him because the free market loves him.

If Romney was elected

The Dow would be 30,000 and the hrly wage would be up 12$ :cool:

every month

:cool:

U.S. stock rally lifts S&P 500 above 1,600

Clearly ObamaNom ICKS is stalling the mkts

Fair Value is 2600:mad:

DISCRIMINATING AGAINST A PREGNANT WOMAN IN A WOMEN’S STUDIES CLASS:

Stephanie Stewart, an honors student at the Borough of Manhattan Community College on an academic scholarship, was due to deliver her son before the end of the spring semester in 2012. She needed some accommodations because she would not be able to attend every session of her women’s studies class. Stewart figured her professor would be understanding—it was a women’s studies class. But she wasn’t. The professor told Stewart that she wouldn’t be able to make up any tests or assignments she missed due to doctor’s appointments or labor and delivery. “When I received a backlash from her and no support from her, I was extremely stunned. I felt disrespected,” Stewart says. . . .

Though the outcome is a good one for Stewart, the NWLC has seen more and more complaints like hers, says Lara Kaufmann, NWLC’s senior counsel and director of education policy for at-risk students. They started seeing an uptick in complaints when a popular blogger called the Feminist Breeder wrote about her own experience with pregnancy discrimination.

I dunno, if she’d said she had to miss class for an abortion it might have been okay.

If Romney was elected,
we would know the truth about Libya and what happened 20 people who survived would be talking

And the result would be a collective yawn followed by more manufactured conservative outrage. Basically nothing would be different.

Dow at 15,000.04

15,000 might even be occasion to bump Ken's "Will Obama send the Dow down to 5999?" thread. I used to bump it all the time with every new milestone, but after a while it got old, and I didn't want to be accused of padding my post totals.

You have to bump that thread today, or you can wait a little while until it's unlikely to go under that again but that could be a while. We deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back