What’s your most controversial opinion?

My ex boss bordered on sexual harassment with his criticism of a couple coworkers' clothes. In cases like yours, it seems like they're reporting anyone remotely attractive. Even if you wore a muumuu I'm sure someone would complain!
I saw a tiktok where a woman was being reported for not wanting to wear a bra at work … which .. I could never. But like, if you wanna free the titty all the time.. more power to you.

I'm late to the work clothing discussion, so I apologize for pulling the thread back to it.

I am an elementary school teacher. Not only do we have a dress code to follow (which actually is going to allow shorts this spring... for the few classes left after Memorial Day 🙄), but we are in constant fear of the dreaded parent complaint. It's worse for women, but we had a male teacher a couple of years ago that received complaints over tight pants... seriously.

I don't wear jeans anymore, because I had complaints even in baggy jeans. I don't wear T-shirts because some parents think they look slovenly. I don't wear fitted tops because heaven forbid I have a woman's shape. I don't wear dresses or skirts because they are not practical, but if I did, I'd have to watch both the fit and the length. And there are days I thank the goddess my breasts are more on the small and humble side (to paraphrase Shakira), because it's worse for my larger breasted colleagues. Even a hint of cleavage is going to be a complaint, something I'm guarding against as my pregnancy boobs get larger than expected... 🙄

It's not about looking my best or professional. It's about societal norms and expectations so fucking outdated and puritanical they can be for no fucking reason other than tradition... 🤬🤬🤬
Do you work at a private/Christian school, because my daughter's Catholic schools (k-5, day prep 6-12) didn't have those restrictions. When I substituted at them, all I was asked was to NOT wear jeans.

Oh, it's possible. And to be fair, the complaints about my jeans were all the same year and probably all the same person (and it was when I was in my twenties). I've been little miss boring clothes ever since -- khakis/chinos and loose polos most days.
Khaki/chinos and polos, welcome to the new IT "uniform" LOL

Do you work at a private/Christian school, because my daughter's Catholic schools (k-5, day prep 6-12) didn't have those restrictions. When I substituted at them, all I was asked was to NOT wear jeans.
Nope. It's a public school (charter), but our restrictions are just about clothing with graphics, shorts, and dress/skirt length at this point. Oh, and everything but dresses must have sleeves.

It's actually the parents who have the strict codes... 🙄

I can totally understand this… and I’m sure any normal person would.

Any reasonable person. lol
I have to admit I was shocked when I saw it and my husband said "not everything is about European history." Ouch! 😂

I don't disagree about the reasonable person understanding this, but while just Googling around about countries that have laws restricting the display of swastikas, there are tons of stories that indicate that neo-nazis are also aware and have tried to justify their tattoos, paraphernalia as religious. I don't think anyone is having any of it. It's unfortunate that they adopted the symbol.

Nope. It's a public school (charter), but our restrictions are just about clothing with graphics, shorts, and dress/skirt length at this point. Oh, and everything but dresses must have sleeves.

It's actually the parents who have the strict codes... 🙄
If your parents are like most of those I dealt with when my daughter, I could understand parents having rules

I'm curious if that would stop a Foreigner from being allowed to come into your country?
I believe it is only illegal in my state, not my whole country. It was put in place during a particularly hateful rise in public marches by a hateful group of white ‘boys’ were out and about doing their shit. I’m not 💯 on that though.

I believe it is only illegal in my state, not my whole country. It was put in place during a particularly hateful rise in public marches by a hateful group of white ‘boys’ were out and about doing their shit. I’m not 💯 on that though.
Thank you.

My child’s school has a “no leggings without shorts over them” policy for girls at the school, while having leggings as part of the sports uniform. Boys have no such policy for their compression pants etc.

The covert sexualisation of girl’s bodies with policy is revolting. I’ll fight that battle every damn time.

How would you feel being interviewed by two guys covered in patriotic tattoos and wearing 2nd Amendment t shirts?

I'm curious if that would stop a Foreigner from being allowed to come into your country?
In Germany, definitely. The Germans are strict zero-tolerance when it comes to the Nazis, their symbols, Holocaust denial, Mein Kampf, etc. There was a case of a German woman, claimed her favorite book was Mein Kampf (possession of which is strictly illegal in Germany), who went on a Russian social media platform and said that Syrian refugees should be shot at the German border. She had no criminal record, but the Germans prosecuted her and gave her almost a year of probation.

Oregonians don’t tan, we rust. Gray and misty or rainy 9 months a year. Therapists and pot stores make bank.
Oregon sucks.

That the work environment wasn’t gonna be my jam, so I’d appreciate them letting me know before I took a position with their company.
But what if the people interviewing you were aliens and you found out that your boss was going to be JFK and your job was going to be to search for the Jack Ruby?

Food for thought. Think about it. #Imverysmart

How would you feel being interviewed by two guys covered in patriotic tattoos and wearing 2nd Amendment t shirts?
I don't know. Depends on which company I'm interviewing for. The healthcare, I'd have to see what the board thinks, and for the IT temp service owned by a cousin and her WIFE, my guess is that I'd remind them that the owners are a lesbian couple.

Same as I would being interviewed by two guys in socks & berks who reeked of patchouli & weed, drinking oatmilk lattes wearing "meat is murder" tshirts. Who cares?
You’ll care when you can’t wash the stench of patchouli off you for weeks. That shit permeates like nothing else. 🤮

Back