UK Trans news

stickygirl

All the witches
Hi everyone! Here's a heads-up to a couple of potential problems going on in the UK.

Boris (the Cunt) UK government's team are pushing back on legislation proposed by the previous Conservative government. Under Theresa May's leadership
"Measures drawn up under Theresa May’s government to enable transgender people to change their birth certificate without a medical diagnosis have been ditched by the prime minister’s team, according to the Sunday Times."

The long delayed public consultation included "about 100,000 responses to the public consultation were received with an overwhelming majority – about 70% – in favour of allowing people to self-identify as a man or a woman." (ST). A figure now disputed by officials who suspect figures were 'skewed' by activists groups (which, even if true, is an admission of their incompetence in gathering information).

This is in the face of research by "Stonewall in 2017 found that 41% of trans men and trans women who responded said they had experienced a hate crime or incident because of their gender identity in the past 12 months. The government Equalities Office’s national LGBT survey found similar results, with 67% of trans respondents saying they had avoided being open about their gender identity for fear of a negative reaction from others." (Guardian)

I can vouch that the current process for changing your legal gender in the UK is an expensive and bureaucratic system, full of obstacles intended to discourage applications. This has an obvious impact on those most vulnerable for whom the Equality Act was intended to protect. One suggestion is that trans women with a penis will be refused access to women's spaces ie restrooms ( as if we don't do everything to avoid using them anyway ) despite further reinforcing the requirement that people seeking re-assignment must live in their chosen gender for up to two years before being allowed through the gate to the surgery waiting list.

Sound familiar? Yup, the UK and USA still have so much in common

BTW
Avoid Pink News
I am totally done with the Pink News website, which is so riddled with pop-ups and re-directs it has defeated me. Three times today I was redirected to a bogus survey for Virgin Media through Firefox, and yes, I have me security settings pretty tight. I wrote them an email to point out that they are driving people away.

Sound familiar? Yup, the UK and USA still have so much in common

The right wing in both countries are terrified of any change made in deference to the realities faced by transgender people. Throughout history, they have clung to the status quo in all matters of civil rights, no matter how many times history has kicked their asses for doing so.

I think extreme conservatism is a mental disorder.

We're seeing an increasing amount of political/moral push back from this present government, which is no surprise given their toxic nationalistic attitude. I spotted the Telegraph quoted a "report" (actually an opinion piece) from the right wing think tank Civitas, The Corrosive Impact of Transgender Ideology.

The summary is full of grammerrs and uncited, but the download PDF reveals more about the author, Joanna Williams, who also writes for American Conservative, The Spectator, The Sun...

From the PDF
"Whereas the gay rights movement was about demanding more freedom from the state for people to determine their sex lives unconstrained by the law, the transgender movement demands the opposite: it calls for recognition and protection from the state in the form of intervention to regulate the behaviour of those outside of the identity group."

This is a falsehood and seeks to divide the aims of gay activism and the needs of trans: the external demands are a fiction. It's the same as white supremacists claims that their 'rights' were being infringed by black people being able to share spaces.

"The prescribing of puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones to anyone under the age of 18 should be immediately prohibited" is laughable and cruel. Clearly Williams has no understanding of puberty blockers, that they are 100% reversible and a waste of time after 18yrs. It is not for a Sun reporter to dictate medical requirement to an individual.

There's allegations that the number of sexual assaults by trans women on female prisoners as risen exponentially ... well yes - a rise from zero to one is pretty fucking exponential to be fair. I guess Williams is referring to a case involving Karen White, who was accused of four assaults in prison a couple of years ago. The chief executive for Penal Reform later acknowledged that White's previous history of rape and assaults were 'overlooked' and that "I would say the decision-making is patchy" so who exactly at fault: the entire trans movement of the incompetent prison system?

I can see we're going to have run a rocky course for a few years until the UK can find itself a decent opposition party. Boris the Cunt and his Eton chums have plenty of troughing to do in the swamp before the country finally catches on.

Last edited:
Interesting post here from Amy Dyess, describing how she was recruited into the "gender critical" movement and how she left:

https://medium.com/@amydyess83/prodigal-butch-7f0d2e00f693

"... the bottom line is if you’re secure with your sexuality then you don’t feel the need to police others. I was insecure about some things. I was in pain so I hurt others. That was wrong. Gender critics find what makes you angry and then get you onboard with more of their ideas. I’m explaining how that can happen. Hopefully people listen so we can end this cycle."

Some of that was kinda triggering BT! :( pffft...

The push-back is not exactly surprising, given the way the trans agenda has been interpreted by LG and Straight cis-gender people. The emotive drum of female spaces and bathrooms has been banged for a few years and hasn't worked because there is so little evidence to support the argument, just a lot of fear-mongering. Apparently now 98.8% of the population are outraged that they have to apply the appropriate pronoun to someone who is already having a shit time transitioning. Pity the LG&S people whose feelings are so easily hurt :rolleyes: Paranoia fires are easy to start - like anti-vaxxing, but to argue against every falsehood is exhausting and depressing. It's like whack-a-mole.

Today it's not just transgender people who face criticism, but a whole section of the medical profession, who stand accused of being duped into treating kids with hormones. I read in the Civitas report that "quack" doctors could no longer recommend people for surgery ( good ) but that's a matter for the BMA to resolve and "quacks" should face criminal prosecution.

What I see starting to happen in the UK is a short-tempered reaction to lies and media gossip: our valid concerns regarding equality are being brushed away like a summer fly. We are still here

Back