Bad idea to read Pink News

stickygirl

All the witches
I seldom visit the LGBTQIA Pink News site these days because it only has bad news. I just spent three minutes scanning the headlines. Two things remain in my mind 'Angela Rayner says trans rights are not in conflict with women's rights' 👍 🏳️‍⚧️providing yet more reason for me to vote Labour again. Then 'More LGBTQ people hiding their queerness'... out of fears for safety.

Are you modifying your public presentation? Do you feel less secure in public than you did five years ago? Were you always careful?

My own approach has been to transition and then effectively blend in on the street. Sure I attend rallies and events and wear my colours with collective pride. But I'm a woman and that already puts me at risk; being trans means I'll pull my beanie down more and stick to loose clothing.

I totally get it, the news is full of bad news regarding lgbtq issues these days. But...thankfully I’ve also been reading of a few victories such as courts overturning some of these horrible laws.
These days even small victories are welcome!

And yeah, depending on where I am I don’t outwardly present as I’d like. I live in a small remote rural town and while I’ve been surprised as folks have been pretty accepting of me as a trans woman.
Still there are those that are not.
I just returned home after traveling and I spent time in some wonderfully open cities like Portland Oregon. It was sooo nice to find and spend time with others on the spectrum there.

As more of the autocratic freedom-haters are prosecuted and locked up, things should improve. But it may take a while.

Meanwhile, we can do everything possible to provide space for freedom of expression during these dark times. As the bitter portion of the boomer population dies out, the next generations will bring greater hope.

I laughed at this story, ironically, because I couldn't believe how pathetic the reasoning was.
England's Women Angling Team ( who knew? ) have removed themselves from a Women's World Championship because, when they competed with a trans woman team member, winning bronze, none of the crowd at the awards applauded and some just up and left.
I mean for fuck's sake, really? Really?

This is just so sad...angling? an advantage? Seriously tho the anti trans crowd isn't gonna quit until....
In the article, a Canadian study was linked that shows clear scientific evidence that trans competitors don't have advantages. I appreciated reading this. It gives me good rebuttal material.

Back