Justice for Nex Benedict!

Lilbit_kittykat09

This is my story……
Some of you might have heard the news on global news outlets and social media. On February 7th, 2024 a non-binary trans student named Nex Benedict was beaten in the Owasso High School due to being bullied and standing up for themselves . They got beaten brutally by 3 girls. There was no ambulance called, no police report. They went to the hospital, got released and went home and died the next day on February 8th. The toxicology report hasn’t came back yet but the reports are saying it’s wasn’t due to trauma which clearly it is. The LGBTQA has been posting to stop the bullying, stop the hate and get Justice for Nex.

I am making a post because this happened right in my state and a few minutes away from me. So please pray and hopefully get Justice for Nex Benedict.

Attachments

• IMG_2550.jpeg
    IMG_2550.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 4
I don't have any faith in the local police there to accurately investigate this. It really needs federal level, as in the justice department involvement to look into this as a possible hate crime.

Yeah I think that’s what we are trying to get at and I read one article that the attorney they have is on this case.

Nex got bullied all last year and their friends and them had enough of it and took action and poured water on them and the three girls got mad and jumped her in the bathroom. And the school is trying to cover it up saying there was a supervisor out in the hallway but the fight happened in all 2 minutes and no one is buying it.

Update: 2 hours ago on one of our news stations is that a search warrant has been issued AND police have taken photos of the bathroom and taken swabs as well and all the girls have been suspended until investigation is over.

Update: 2 hours ago on one of our news stations is that a search warrant has been issued AND police have taken photos of the bathroom and taken swabs as well and all the girls have been suspended until investigation is over.
The police just now swabbed for evidence????
Today is the 22 of February, this happened on the 7 of February....I don't know enough about how long anything would last on the floor in that bathroom, but I have to imagine it has been mopped several times by now!
*facepalm*
I dunno.....sure sounds like some seriously poor investigative moves going on!

No they did it after the fact they are just releasing what’s been going on. Oklahoma is slow at shit when it comes to that stuff to be released to the media.

I just feel so sad for Nex, all the bullying, and the way life probably was for them at their school...of course I feel also for their Mom and grandma. Hoping there is some justice out there!
And you Kittykat! I'm guessing you too are on the spectrum and it sounds like you live in Oklahoma also. From the news I read, it doesn't sound like an easy place to live if you're on the LGBTQ spectrum, so be careful, and safe please 🏳️‍🌈

I just feel so sad for Nex, all the bullying, and the way life probably was for them at their school...of course I feel also for their Mom and grandma. Hoping there is some justice out there!
And you Kittykat! I'm guessing you too are on the spectrum and it sounds like you live in Oklahoma also. From the news I read, it doesn't sound like an easy place to live if you're on the LGBTQ spectrum, so be careful, and safe please 🏳️‍🌈

Yes I am I was born and raised here in Tulsa, Oklahoma and Owasso is like 20 minutes away from Tulsa so yeah all the cities are connected and I’ve been in the LGBTQ community since I came out in 2009 after high school. And it wasn’t easy back then and it’s not easy now.

Hell my husband is trans FTM and it’s not easy because this state is in the Bible Belt and it sucks.

Well now they just released more about what they got. They got blood, hair fractures, school records, any electronic devices and videos from other students. It’s going to be a long investigation and plus we still waiting to hear back from the toxicology report.

Back