Why being trans is clickbait even when you're dead

stickygirl

All the witches
A sixteen year old girl was found stabbed to death in a park in Warrington on Saturday, her body found my members of the public. That was how the story was reported on Sunday, along with a photo of the victim, Brianna Ghey. Two teenagers were being hunted by the police. Not the first time a kid's been murdered like this - just another pointless death and awful tragedy.

By Sunday evening, the media had somehow got hold of the fact that she was trans. All the press coverage then changed to Trans girl murdered. The Times went one step further by adding her deadname. wtaf? I don't suppose her family will give a shit if her death certificate has to record her legal name. The Times and Murdoch Cunts are happy to turn the blade šŸ‘šŸ‘ Well done Times, really great job, be proud of yourselves.

Today the police had arrested the two teenagers, but insisted this was not a hate crime. Though I read just now that
"They admit that it was likely a ā€œtargetedā€ attack, however, which was most likely a result of her gender identity, as the violence towards trans people continues into 2023."

It's just so awful, so upsetting and an event made so much worse by the despicable press and bumbling police.

:rose:

A sixteen year old girl was found stabbed to death in a park in Warrington on Saturday, her body found my members of the public. That was how the story was reported on Sunday, along with a photo of the victim, Brianna Ghey. Two teenagers were being hunted by the police. Not the first time a kid's been murdered like this - just another pointless death and awful tragedy.

By Sunday evening, the media had somehow got hold of the fact that she was trans. All the press coverage then changed to Trans girl murdered. The Times went one step further by adding her deadname. wtaf? I don't suppose her family will give a shit if her death certificate has to record her legal name. The Times and Murdoch Cunts are happy to turn the blade šŸ‘šŸ‘ Well done Times, really great job, be proud of yourselves.

Today the police had arrested the two teenagers, but insisted this was not a hate crime. Though I read just now that
"They admit that it was likely a ā€œtargetedā€ attack, however, which was most likely a result of her gender identity, as the violence towards trans people continues into 2023."

It's just so awful, so upsetting and an event made so much worse by the despicable press and bumbling police.

:rose:

What is going on in this fucking world that the media has to make a horrible event worse? I am convinced that much of the US population is severely mentally ill.

What is going on in this fucking world that the media has to make a horrible event worse? I am convinced that much of the US population is severely mentally ill.
That would provide a plausible reason, but people aren't mentally ill, they're lazy. Whether it's in the US or the UK, people seldom read beyond the headline: the world dysfunctions now on soundbites and tweets. Government policy and elections are controlled through press officers and some cunty front person like Boris or Trump or even Putin.
The media love this shit because it sells advertising space and makes $Ā£. They are entirely unaccountable but are quick to clutch their pearls citing Freedom of Fucking Speech, which means there is no recourse or accountability against them.
I am sure someone will have glanced at the revised headlines for this girl, shrugged and said 'Well, what do you expect?'

The UK media, Murdoch's especially, would have start contacting anyone on her WhatApps group, TikTok etc just to dig some dirt. If they can earn some extra bucks from revealing a drug problem, a broken family, a previous police record, they will.
The problem is there is no way to rein in that puerile/lowest denominator style of sensationalist "reporting". It appeals to the trolls we see here every day on Lit or any platform, where little shits can hide behind the anonymity of fake names and monikers, snickering and gleeful at the ill fortunes of others.
I don't know who is worse - the cold blooded media hacks or the legion of commentators spewing line after line of hatred and piss-soaked bile. I despair, I really do. I see no end to its corrosive erosion of everything decent people hold sacred.

The UK government are weaponizing transphobia in the hope to save their skins at the next election.
UK media operate a virtual blackout on Trans positive stories and promote lies.
Over the past two days there have been vigils for poor Brianna all over the country.
A 15 year old boy and girl have been charged with her murder.
It's emerged she was constantly bullied at school for being trans.
The worst culprits are the adults who fanned the hatred that did this.
Including billionaire authors and people in powerful positions.
The same way Pol Pot got kids to murder people, and Mao-Tse-Tung and Hitler and ISIS.
They're pretending to like trans people because others are starting to see what they did, but that's lies too, they want Trans people gone.

The UK government are weaponizing transphobia in the hope to save their skins at the next election.
Over the past two days there have been vigils for poor Brianna all over the country.
The same way Pol Pot got kids to murder people, and Mao-Tse-Tung and Hitler and ISIS.
They're pretending to like trans people because others are starting to see what they did, but that's lies too, they want Trans people gone.
Thanks - you've got to dig for that information - the normal media don't bother to record such inconvenient truths.
The accounts I hear from trans students coming up from school are just awful these days. University means they can at least breath a moment of relief. Four year waiting lists to see the GID is insulting and puts more lives at risk.

Itā€™s interesting that you mention the UK government trying to save themselves by fanning the flames of transphobia. This is exactly the same playbook that the Republicans in the US use. They stand for nothing other than white supremacy and try to win by using transphobia and homophobia.

The idiots who vote for them are getting nothing out of it because once elected the Republicans do nothing for them. They just get the satisfaction of exercising their hatreds in the guise of being good Christians.

An interesting if grim parallel between a missing UK mother, Nicola Bulley and Brianna. The police have been criticised for revealing that Nicola has a problem with alcohol and menopause but no such criticism has been made of revealing Brianna was transgender.... except that the police clearly think being trans was the motivation behind Brianna's fatal attack and that going through 'the change' explains EVERYTHING. Police work is so easy.

Escierto

Itā€™s interesting that you mention the UK government trying to save themselves by fanning the flames of transphobia. This is exactly the same playbook that the Republicans in the US use. They stand for nothing other than white supremacy and try to win by using transphobia and homophobia.
Think if the UK conservative government as a Mini-Me version of the Republicans, with less religion but more class privilege.

Brianna's death I hope will become a beacon for common sense and decency; a moment where everyone outside the Murdock media clan, can sit back and think 'hang on... this has gone too far. We can't start murdering kids to defend our knee-jerk mindset'.
In one small way, I had time today to follow bread crumbs and found myself listening to a podcast on YT by Judith Butler ( there is version ad-free here ).
You know when older people make you feel like a knuckle-dragging idiot, because they are so smart? Judith did this to me in her 90 min presentation. Suddenly I get why the right are so frantic in their assault on gender theory. If you'd prefer a shorter read then here's an article she penned in The Guardian. Thank god for the Guardian - I may increase my monthly subscription - you have to pay for thinking journalism.

Given that the accused are under legal age, I'm not sure how the courts will deal with them. The James Bulger case resulted in his killer being freed after eight years; he re-offended twice and went back to prison. Evil is as evil does

Brianna's death I hope will become a beacon for common sense and decency; a moment where everyone outside the Murdock media clan, can sit back and think 'hang on... this has gone too far. We can't start murdering kids to defend our knee-jerk mindset'.
In one small way, I had time today to follow bread crumbs and found myself listening to a podcast on YT by Judith Butler ( there is version ad-free here ).
You know when older people make you feel like a knuckle-dragging idiot, because they are so smart? Judith did this to me in her 90 min presentation. Suddenly I get why the right are so frantic in their assault on gender theory. If you'd prefer a shorter read then here's an article she penned in The Guardian. Thank god for the Guardian - I may increase my monthly subscription - you have to pay for thinking journalism.

Given that the accused are under legal age, I'm not sure how the courts will deal with them. The James Bulger case resulted in his killer being freed after eight years; he re-offended twice and went back to prison. Evil is as evil does

That was an excellent article. The strangest thing to me about the fanatical attacks on LGBTQIA rights is that LGBTQIA people merely desire to live their lives in peace.

That was an excellent article. The strangest thing to me about the fanatical attacks on LGBTQIA rights is that LGBTQIA people merely desire to live their lives in peace.
Yes.
The Fellowship Foundation is an increasingly international organization, revealed in a recent NetFlix docuseries.
Trump is tied up with it and now, because we speak the same language, some members of our government.
It promotes evangelism.
"Prayer Breakfasts" are organized by this quiet and highly-influential organization.
Recently, some of the most socially-conservative UK politicians have revealed they have been to one.
They are by invite only and not limited to people from economically right-wing parties.
Being invited to one is considered a honour, making you one of the in-crowd.

Yes.
The Fellowship Foundation is an increasingly international organization, revealed in a recent NetFlix docuseries.
Trump is tied up with it and now, because we speak the same language, some members of our government.
It promotes evangelism.
"Prayer Breakfasts" are organized by this quiet and highly-influential organization.
Recently, some of the most socially-conservative UK politicians have revealed they have been to one.
They are by invite only and not limited to people from economically right-wing parties.
Being invited to one is considered a honour, making you one of the in-crowd.
Why would any organisation include Trump? :unsure:
Oh wait
I got it ...

Apparently the two kids who murdered Brianna had plans, via their phones, to murder a little boy as well. The coroner's office has released details to the court prosecuting the two teenagers, who are apparently blaming each other. However since they both planned a murder they are equally culpable. Pure evil.

The two teenagers have been found guilty and face 20+yrs in prison.

The UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak managed to insult Brianna and her mother during parliamentary question time. Here's an article in the Guardian that expresses how trans people feel in the UK, but what I suppose is a positive note, Brianna's mother has set up a fund to help the Mindfulness in Schools Project
Prison is where those two teenagers belong, but the prejudice is still obvious in many mainstream politicians.

It reminds me of the callous indifference of politicians when black people were being beaten and lynched just for asserting their rights in the USA.

The two teenagers have been found guilty and face 20+yrs in prison.
I cry thinking of Brianna....it makes me feel so damn sad for her and her family.

But also these 15yo that killed her! They are so young! How did they have such a twisted, ugly life?
To do this, they must have been filled with so much venom and hate....I feel sad for them as well, even tho it isn't the same sadness as I feel for Brianna.
I don't know things about prisons in the UK and I hope they are not like the USA.

What do you think about states (or countries) that have age restrictions on gender-affirming care?
Not sure who you are directing your question to here, but I'll give you my take.
Typically puberty blockers are prescribed to delay the onset of physical gender development.
These blockers are not experimental or even new, they have been used for a long time to help kids going thru early onset puberty.
The effects are reversible when a person quits taking them, normal development returns.
Why this would be controversial for gender diverse kids is crazy! Pretty sure it's only a matter of politicians wanting to play doctor.

Someone that age undergoing a surgical procedure is bananas. I'd at least advocate for some training/counseling as a prerequisite. Parents included, assuming that's even in the picture. JMHO. Might be something as simple as having them turn their phones off for a while.

"Can't feel a thing! Hey... actually, just stop here. This is great. You can put the knife down." - No one in a crisis, ever

I wish I understood stuff like this better. The article is older, and now locked, but you get the idea. He (was) addressing how different generations do this and that, differently (imagine that): https://fortune.com/2023/07/22/neil-howe-fourth-turning-interview-taylor-swift-millennials-gen-z/

Someone that age undergoing a surgical procedure is bananas
What age? As the article you have linked to is pay walled I'm not sure what it is about.
If you are under the assumption that kids under 18 are receiving gender confirmation surgery you need to do a little research.
I don't think it is available anywhere, at least in the USA.
Typically gender care for anyone under 18 would be puberty blockers which have been in use for a long time. Most often for early onset puberty.
These are reversible, quit taking the blocker and puberty continues.
About the only reason this treatment could be controversial is as some made up scare scenario by politicians wanting to control people.

Do they have side effects? I'm not an expert. I'm not even right all the time.
I'm sure there are possible side effects. Are there any drugs available that don't have potential side effects?
As with most medical care, the chance of side effects must be low enough that these are considered mostly safe.

Back