UK Bans the American Bully XL

Its the idiot owners. That said, I deal with animal attack claims. Three biggest problem breeds? Pit bulls, German skepherds and miniature poodles. The common thread was always crappy owners. An active dog like a pitty needs LOTS of exercise and play. Socialization is huge as well and, frankly, the idiots I see with problem dogs usually have problem kids too.

I own two pit bulls and they are both easy to handle. They do what they are told by any family member. They do love kids and will protect them at all costs. Neither of them are purebred, one is and American Pit Bull + Rottweiler mix and Male, while the other is an American Pit Bull + Rhodesian Ridge Back mix and Female. I also have a female Beagle Pure Bred. Now can you guess which is the boss of dogs? Right, the Beagle. Of course I did train them and they know all the standard commands and a few others... Sit, Stay, Up, Down, Stop, and the most important one OUT!

Out is the closest sound a human can make that the mother dogs use to tell their puppies to stop.

Last edited:
Can we ban those small dogs with an inferiority complex than look like blond pubic hair on legs? They're dangerous too - they make me want to shoot their dumbass owners. Nope, never been walked: Covid pets.

As for the big ugly tyre-biting dogs: it's the people but isn't that what they say about guns?
Fortunately we don't have guns that can fire by themselves. Just imagine, an AK47 sneaks out the front door while the owner is getting the mail and attacks the neighbors cat, child, dog, another AK 47 all by itself ;)

Back when Dobermans were the bad-ass dogs, I concluded it was mostly the people. When Rottweilers succeeded them, my opinion didn't really change. About 10 years ago going to the dog park, pit bulls were the problem, but it was obvious that their owners disregarded the rules. Their dogs were not fixed. They did not have rabies tags. They were not licensed. They did not have the tags for the park fees. They did not supervise their dogs, either. My guess is that they aren't paying the premium for the proper insurance, either.

All of that said, and seeing all the pit bull cases on Judge Judy, that bite and hold instinct on a pit bull seems to do more damage than average dogs when they do bite.

Most people that get these dogs are trying to prove a point, but have no fucking clue on what needs to be done as far as training. It is not limited to teaching then to sit, stay, lie down. It is a life long exercise. And that's starting as a puppy. If you rescue one, expect to be on the back foot as you are now undoing everything that the dog's previous humans failed on.

We're on our 3rd rescue pit mix (APBT, AmBully, Boxer) and his foster mom worked for 8 months to undo his reactivity, and we're still working through it 2 years later. He's a sweet dog, but struggles when unsure of something.

The UK is backwards on BSL which is sad given their forward approach to aggressive collars and training methods.

After a spate of attacks here. Is it the dogs though or the fucking imbeciles that own them?

I think it's the latter. Opinions?

Are your dog laws strict in the USA?
It's usually the way the dogs are raised. I have a friend that has several pit bulls, and they are the sweetest dogs.

There use to be a TV show called Pitbulls & paroles that showcased pit bulls. Everyone was a good dog and none were agressive.

Its the idiot owners. That said, I deal with animal attack claims. Three biggest problem breeds? Pit bulls, German skepherds and miniature poodles. The common thread was always crappy owners. An active dog like a pitty needs LOTS of exercise and play. Socialization is huge as well and, frankly, the idiots I see with problem dogs usually have problem kids too.
Maybe add the news article so more people can understand what's happening

Dog Owners to Have Pets Taken From Them Under New Law​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...&cvid=697ac9b283ff482f80a4b56b2de3ae6b&ei=123

This reminds me of those TV interviews of 'A neighbour who knew the accused'
"He's a lovely kid, helps his grandma with her shopping. He's always smiling. I just don't understand why he knifed those six teenagers. There must have been a reason."

Would you be allowed to walk a lion down the street, because 'So long as you don't approach her from behind, she's really gentle with children.'?

We need to stop projecting human characteristics onto animals as a means of understanding their behaviour, because it doesn't work with people either. Remove the overt risk of dogs bred to be 10-stone of muscle and locking jaws and that'd help.

This reminds me of those TV interviews of 'A neighbour who knew the accused'
"He's a lovely kid, helps his grandma with her shopping. He's always smiling. I just don't understand why he knifed those six teenagers. There must have been a reason."

Would you be allowed to walk a lion down the street, because 'So long as you don't approach her from behind, she's really gentle with children.'?

We need to stop projecting human characteristics onto animals as a means of understanding their behaviour, because it doesn't work with people either. Remove the overt risk of dogs bred to be 10-stone of muscle and locking jaws and that'd help.
I think you hit nail on head with this one for sure.

Dogs are dogs.. not humans... humans have responsibility for dogs. But dogs also have a mind of their own.

We us ed to licence dogs here in ireland ( not sure now) because of that responsibility as part of the deal with society. I own a dog it brings great joy but cam cause great harm. And the laws around dog attacks on people and livestock etc. Reflect that.

Cats on the other hand are domestocated. But if one claws your neigbour.. then the courts view it as " its a cat duh... "

The big however is the size and potential for harm. Biggest domestic cat is probably a maine coon. But if you own a zoo and your panther gets out, then the potental for harm is off the charts.

We dont ban panthers.. just have very tight regs on who and where you can own them

So basically as it was told to the lad with his underpants outside his tights " with great power comes great responsibility"

And more importantly in life. If more people adopted the " dont be a dick" approach. The world would be bettet

It is the owners.

Although some of these breeds are stones of pure muscle and impossible to handle. That said back in the 90s I walked four German Shepherd all on one hand. They were brilliant dogs and some years before they had bad press for attacks. As did Dobermans and Rottweilers. It's sad.

Lockdown proved even more people don't understand what they are taking on with any dog. Expense, time, exercise, training and love. They can't be bothered. Most of these dumb fucks are the same with kids.

They've said they won't cull (oh thanks for that you Nazi bastards) but neuter and muzzle.

This isn't going to work.

I think you hit nail on head with this one for sure.

Dogs are dogs.. not humans... humans have responsibility for dogs. But dogs also have a mind of their own.

We us ed to licence dogs here in ireland ( not sure now) because of that responsibility as part of the deal with society. I own a dog it brings great joy but cam cause great harm. And the laws around dog attacks on people and livestock etc. Reflect that.

Cats on the other hand are domestocated. But if one claws your neigbour.. then the courts view it as " its a cat duh... "

The big however is the size and potential for harm. Biggest domestic cat is probably a maine coon. But if you own a zoo and your panther gets out, then the potental for harm is off the charts.

We dont ban panthers.. just have very tight regs on who and where you can own them

So basically as it was told to the lad with his underpants outside his tights " with great power comes great responsibility"

And more importantly in life. If more people adopted the " dont be a dick" approach. The world would be bettet
Pretty much.

Lets be honest, these breeders are trying to reverse the domestication of animals for money and status. Who the fuck names a new breed as Bully XL ffs?

I saw a headline in the UK that owners are now trying to sell their 'beloved, gentle fuzz ball cutey' Bully XL. So not much love there huh?

The name is really problematic. Not just for sensationalist media headlines (although you could call it World's Floofiest Furball but if it kills human beings the end result is the same), but for the kind of owners that sort of name has to attract.

While I do know responsible Staffie owners who have big friendly mutts, I've also known some in the past who really glorify in the reputation of their breed as fight dogs and probably train them as such. One such delightful specimen was very proud that his street had no cats because his Staffie had killed them all.

Big dogs and big trucks get similar marketing and similar customers seeking compensation. But that may become a moot point as more of the UK becomes too poor to afford vanity pets. They will need more practical working dogs, of any or no breed.

I can think of better things for the UK to ban, but I don't live there so whatevs.

more seriously, banning the dogs just means the chav owners that want a big dog to compensate for their microscopic penis will just move on to a different breed. Ban the Pit Bull, they get Bully XLs, ban that they'll move on to Rottweilers, Ban them and it will be Bulldogs, eventually super mutated Chihuahuas will be growling on the fringes of drug deals.

Good old Jeremy Clarkson.

"Remarking on the Kennel Club’s comments that the owners, and not the dogs, are to blame for attacks he said: “We have to accept that if you are the sort of shavenheaded brute with a neck the size of a birthday cake, extensive facial artwork, and a piece of string, you don't really want a King Charles spaniel on the other end of it."

🤣

I believe all fighting breeds ought to be banned. it is no different then somebody keeping a bear or a cougar ( not the human kind ;0)

Back